Dodge Challenger Forum banner

my car got egged

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  urban cowboy 
#1 ·
So im driving to work this morning and i notice something all over my side mirror. I get out and see egg all over my car right in the side mirror gas tank door all down the side of the car. Then i had to find a car wash at 6 am to get it of when its 37 degrees out. Needless to say i was livid.

#2 ·
Sorry top hear about that. There'll always be some rat bast@#ds to deal with who can't respect other people's property. Hope you were able to get it all off.

#4 ·
That sucks layinlow but it may be better for your paint that it was so cold (kids), hope everything came off ok? Hate to say I threw an egg or two or dozen when I was a kid, we learn. Awesome response earlsrt09 great laugh to start my weekend, man do I hate mustangs.

#5 ·
Yeah it came off fine i think it happened like and hour or so before i went to work i was having a hard time sleeping and i swore i heard something. I was gonna get up and look too, i wish i would have now. Actually probally better i didnt cause i might have cleaned it off with their faces hahaha

#6 ·
Well I've had a car egged before and I would say you need to get your car clean and in the light. I thought mine was going to be fine and had to turn it in to the insurance company. When the eggs hit they tend to leave a spiderweb on your paint especially when it's cold because of the shells I guess. Get some light on it and look right where you think the eggs hit, it honestly probably ruined the paint and you will have to have it repaired unless you're very lucky.

#14 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about this.

This post further supports my personal philosophy: No garage = no nice car.

Back in the early '90s when I met my wife, she drove a nice car and had to street park it. She had it side-swiped twice within a 90-day period. You're at the mercy of careless or destructive people when you park your car outside a private garage. Plain and simple.

After we got married and bought our first house, she was excited about decorating the house and buying furniture. I was excited to have a two-car garage to park our vehicles in. lol

#15 ·
This JUST happened to me about an hour ago! Wife and I were at Target, getting things for her very sick father. Come out, and there it is… The BULK of it, was on the windshield, but remnants were on the paint as far back as the fuel door and the front of the decklid. 3 spots on the roof as well, We ran it through the car wash 3 times and rubbed what we could see off with microfiber towels. I have no idea if we got it all tho, and we have no time to mess with it tonight as we had to get back to the hospital as soon as possible. I just cannot understand it… this furthers my hatred for 99% of humanity. I park so far away too that I 100% doubt that I would be on camera. Also at this point Im not even sure what I could do about it, this isn't a police matter is it?

#17 ·
Definitely a police matter if there's damage....might be worth it to file a report. These kids could have done other cars in the parking lot so they may have some leads already. Probably wishful thinking and more than likely they won't get caught, but you can't win if you don't play. True story I parked my car at my girlfriends house years ago during Xmas. We left in her brothers truck to get a Xmas tree and when I came back some kids in the neighborhood egged it and hit it with baking soda along with the house too. What they didn't know is she has surveillance cameras facing the driveway. I was able to figure out these kids lived across the street. The next day I saw the kid walking home from school and had some choice words for him and I guess scared him pretty good. Well I confirmed my suspicions on where he lived and spoke to his mother. She made him scrub my girlfriends house the next day after a good whoopin...funny thing is when he was scrubbing the eggs off my girlfriends house he asked her, "is that man coming back, I was scared he was gonna beat me up" hopefully lesson learned for the kid...and it hasn't happened again. Not that I enjoy scaring kids but sometimes there's lessons to be learned.

#19 ·
Man I was thinking about that myself! Your own surveillance camera in the car pointing towards the windows would catch the dirt bags red-handed. Hell, you might even get a license plate number if they drove up and then drove off. I just had my scat pack RT keyed in my parking lot at work by some dirt bag! Not even 300 miles on her yet! Cost me $400 to have it repaired and I haven't even made the first payment yet! Some people are just evil and or jealous and don't like to see other people with nice things. These cars really stand out and being sublime green doesn't help.lol I think this happened at my parttime job and I probably won't be driving it back there again, it just stands out to much in the parking lot. I park way out to avoid dings and ect but that just invites the dirt bags to mess with your stuff imo. Man it's a shame you have to deal with this kind of crap from people, but a least now I don't have to worry about it all night in the parking lot like I use to since I won't be driving it there anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.