Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Off to the Track

935 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  moparjim71 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking at a 1800 ft DA w/ grains in the mid 60's.... can't get much better for summer.

I rushed my burnout last outing (to used to street tires), so tonight I'm going to really heat them up.

Let's hope for the best. I REALLY hope there aren't 500 car there tonight. Hopefully the huge mess last weekend will deter some folks for a while.

I'm getting there before the gates open, so I should get one pass in pretty quickly.

My Diablo tune by Johan is complete. We settled at 18* of total timing advance with 0 ST KNK on 93 Shell.

A/F ratio looks to be in the low 12's. Car feels really good. A+ on the Diablo tune so far.

#3 · (Edited)
Finally.... some good results....

Best pass was my first pass. Got there early and was able to let the car cool for 20 minutes or so and didn't have to wait long for my first pass.

I really smoked the M&H DR's good and got a solid hook.

Results:

60'... 1.773
1/8... 7.751
MPH... 91.03
1/4... 12.039
MPH... 117.70

Look at that MPH!!!! :)

The DA never dropped like it was supposed to... I made my first pass at a little after 9:00 p.m. and the conditions were:

80*
50* Humidity
29.39 Uncorrected Barometer

DA worked out around 2,500 ft.

12.039 @ 117.70 corrects to 11.684 @ 121.36

Now, I don't really believe I can turn 121 mph in the 1/4, but I didn't expect nearly 118 mph either.

The car launched hard, but not that hard. No spin at all though.

One thing I noticed is the car short shifts 1-2 and 2-3 every time. I noticed in my data logs that the shifts were at 5,800 rpm on 2-3, but this also the case on 1-2.

If the car would shift at 6,200 in every gear it would be even faster.

I made 4 more passes and spun a little on 3 of 4. I never ran slower than 12.2 and my slowest MPH was 116.73. I dead hooked on my last pass, but had major heat soak. IAT was around 160 *. Car ran 12.2 @ 116.73 pulling a 1.83 60 ft.

Just gotta wait for some cool air.

Attachments

#4 ·
I had the fastest street car there tonight. On my 5 passes, I made every pass alone. Not a single person would run me.

I think this should settle 2 things....

1. Tuning works on the 2015's.

2. The A8 is faster than the A5.... ;)

#5 ·
Wowwww . That's sick , u just went from a 12.5 to a 12 flat . Your tires must not of been broken in on your first trip.

#6 ·
I just had to figure the the tires out, so it was more error on my part the first time. I ran Hoosier slicks about 14 years ago and I had to relearn my burnout process for a DR /Slick.

The M&H tire also takes a little more heat than the Hoosier did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.