Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Scat pack appearance package

30K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  mggsrt8 
#1 ·
Ordered mine on Wednesday and wanted the $1995.00 appearance package and the dealer said it was unavailable. I said if I can't get that I wanted the $995.00 wheel upgrade which is also unavailable. Anyone know why that is??????

#2 ·
Interesting, I went to the dealership to get a price quote on mine, and the dealership was adding something called the scat pack stripe package for $995 instead of the appearance group for $1995. The dealer was telling me that it was the same, but I didn't really believe him. I was trying to email a couple of other dealers and see if they knew the difference and what was going on there. I also want the appearance group with mine in the Sublime color.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
The $995 wheel upgrade is the WP3 wheels, which have been unavailable for the last 6 weeks or so (nobody knows why).

So now they've droped the price of the SPAG by $1,000 and are calling it a Stripe Package? Kinda makes it sound like the wheels on the SPAG are unavilable.

#5 ·
The Scat Pack Appearance Package (ARH - $1,995) is being replaced with the Scat Pack Stripe Group (ASB - $995).

ARH
• LMP – HID headlamps
• MFF – Black Grille with Bezel split Grille
• M91 – Scat Pack Stripe
• XJD – Satin Black Fuel Filler Door
• WRT – 20x9-inch Forged Alum Wheels

ASB
• LMP – HID headlamps
• MFF – Black Grille w/ Bezel split Grille
• M91 – Scat Pack Stripe
• XJD – Satin Black Fuel Filler Door

ASA
TBA, mid-February production launch (adds interior features)

The WRT wheel will be available at a later date.

--RS

#6 ·
Confusing.....:notallthere:

#7 ·
It's the wheels. When I configured a Scat Pack, the wheels were on restriction as a standalone upgrade and were only available with the SPAG. I'd like the SPAG with the blacked out grille and wheels, but I could do without the stripe.

#9 ·
Ha I had to take what they offered who him not happy with I wanted the scat pack appearance package. I seen an article that scat crank is sewing Chrysler for stealing the scat pack name it's going to court. Scat crank want Chrysler to destroy all its scat pack merchandise.

#22 ·
Heres' the Bumble Bee stripe

Yes, here are sample images I took back in July:

Attachments

#23 ·
1st image is the std. SP wheel (silver spokes w/ black satin pockets) the 2nd image wheel is the matte black SP wheel (shown with the SPAG)

Attachments

#20 ·
The 2015 Challenger Information thread has photos of all the wheels.

#27 ·
That's too bad. The black wheels really set off the Sublime SP. I think if I had to, I'd be ok with the stock wheels.

#29 ·
Here the two side by side - the silver grille SP is std and the blackout grille is the SP w/ the SP appearance group option. The SPAG option also adds a black fuel door vs. the std. chrome finish one...

HID lamps stand for High Intensity Discharge (aka: Xenon) - they're much brighter whiter light than the standard halogen lamps - all '15 Challengers now use projector beam headlamps, so those look the same between halogen and HID (until the lights are turned on).

I'm also including an image of the Hellcat with the HIDs turned on

Attachments

#31 ·
I love my HID's. It's an even, clean, and bright white. The light horizon is pretty even across the front.

#32 ·
Wow, I'm actually THRILLED by this change. I liked everything about the SP Appearance Group EXCEPT the wheels. Never been a fan of blacked-out wheels. Would rather have the stock Scat Pack wheels but I really wanted the bumblebee stripe, etc.

IMO it's better for them to separate it out and let people choose what wheels they want independently of the stripes.

#35 ·
Ok I am a bit confused here.

On my order I have:
ASB: Scat Pack Stripe Group ($995)

But I also have
WRT: 20x9.0 Forged/Painted Alluminum Whls ($1,000)

so this is the full scat pack appearance group no?

#40 ·
Your wish is a DIY command. A can of PlastiKote and some cardboard will make any grill a blacked out grill....and it can be removed if desired.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.