Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Scat Pack Orders Restricted?

16K views 90 replies 30 participants last post by  nards444 
#1 ·
Hello,

Made a good deal with 1 dealer and used it as leverage to get the same deal at the local dealership to order me a base Scat Pack (Jazz Blue) with Soundgroup II.

When he was building it in the order system he said it was showing as restricted but that it was probably nothing to be concerned with.

Has anyone heard of any restrictions on Scat Packs? I know about the hellcat one, but hadn't heard of any others.

Also, how long has it been taking people to received theirs? Last car I ordered was my first challenger back in 2009 and I ordered at a time that there were some slow downs and it took forever. He quote the stock 6-8 weeks ETA.

#2 ·
Hi, congrats on your order. I ordered my 392 on 3/7, and it was also showing restricted. my dealer told me it was because ordering banks weren't open yet for the month, and that they would be on the 10th, until the 12'th. I received my VIN on the 11'th. I wouldn't be too worried, just have to wait till next months order banks open before it goes thru.

That's assuming the restriction was showing on the top line of the build sheet, on the actual scat pack code, and not on one of the options you had selected.

#3 ·
Shaker

Hello,

Made a good deal with 1 dealer and used it as leverage to get the same deal at the local dealership to order me a base Scat Pack (Jazz Blue) with Soundgroup II.

When he was building it in the order system he said it was showing as restricted but that it was probably nothing to be concerned with.

Has anyone heard of any restrictions on Scat Packs? I know about the hellcat one, but hadn't heard of any others.

Also, how long has it been taking people to received theirs? Last car I ordered was my first challenger back in 2009 and I ordered at a time that there were some slow downs and it took forever. He quote the stock 6-8 weeks ETA.
I just ordered a SP Shaker. The Shaker option (24G) is blacked out. My dealer says it's because the Scat Pack Shaker is not yet an official model. I suppose that's why the picture of a SP Shaker on the Dodge webite has a disclaimer underneath it in light gray type saying...Available Late 2015.

#5 · (Edited)
I just ordered a SP Shaker. The Shaker option (24G) is blacked out. My dealer says it's because the Scat Pack Shaker is not yet an official model. I suppose that's why the picture of a SP Shaker on the Dodge webite has a disclaimer underneath it in light gray type saying...Available Late 2015.
24G is an auto Scat Pack, 24Y is an auto scat pack shaker, make sure if you ordered a shaker it is the Y package and not the G package.

#4 ·
I didn't get a Shaker, and being that the only option was sound group II i'm going to go with Moparfanatick is probably right and its simply order banks.

Thanks man! I hate this waiting part. Kills me to wait. I wish I wasn't so picky with what I wanted so I could find one on a lot and drive home.

#7 · (Edited)
Yeah I just placed my order to a Scat Pack today and the Scat Pack line and the 24G line both are highlighted as Restriction, but none of the options are. I am assuming this means the car will be built in April not March, which is to be expected... Wonder if I will get my VON or VIN before the beginning of April?

#8 ·
Most of these dealers are restricted due to no allocation. If they have allocation, order will be accepted right away, mine cut a vin in 24 hrs. Dealers are all FOS, standard practice, but use a larger dealer, they have more allocation. I asked 3, 2 lied, put in orders, restricted, i charged back on dep from CC after 2 weeks. 3rd sailed through, car in my garage, in 5 weeks from order day.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Muscle car

#9 ·
Most of these dealers are restricted due to no allocation. If they have allocation, order will be accepted right away, mine cut a vin in 24 hrs. Dealers are all FOS, standard practice, but use a larger dealer, they have more allocation. I asked 3, 2 lied, put in orders, restricted, i charged back on dep from CC after 2 weeks. 3rd sailed through, car in my garage, in 5 weeks from order day.

View attachment 406417
Yup thats what it is, and dealers dont want to say anything. I ordered my SP 13 days ago. Vin was Cut in two days, going to be built next monday.

Its all about allocation. You go to a small dealer or a dealer that already has a bunch on order good luck.

#10 ·
I received a VON the day after I ordered. I'm not sure it really means anything though. I hope to get a VIN shortly.

#11 · (Edited)
VON is vehicle order number and basically says your order was accepted. Next step is you will receive a VIN, once you have a VIN your vehicle will be scheduled to be built.

You should get a VON almost immediately in most case. VIN should follow within 2 weeks. Once a VIN is created your build date is another 2 weeks out or so. Once you get a build date, your vehicle should ship within a week. Once shipped it should be in your hands in two weeks.

You can dodge.com at the bottom look for contact us. open a chat. Give them your VON and they can give you a status.

#12 ·
I guess the good news is; if you feel like it's taking too long to get your car you can always get your deposit back and go elsewhere.

My gut tells me I should have just waited until they hit the lot and pick one out and drive off.

#14 ·
6-8 weeks is pretty standard for getting a vehicle. Depends on what you want. Personally a car like this and really when I buy a vehicle period I want exactly what I want. Im not going to over pay for options I dont want, and Im not going pay for something I dont want period. since 06 I have bought 5 new vehicles 4 have been ordered. For me I get what I want.

#13 ·
Cool. Thanks for the information!

#17 ·
I agree with the unmolested aspect of ordering a car. I test drove a 2014 SRT Core 6 speed the other day and was not kind to it!

As far as finding one on the lot, I can find several Scat Packs near me but no Scat Pack Shakers as of yet. I don't think any Shakers have been built or delivered yet.

#19 ·
Understood, makes sense . I am just to impulsive and or impatient. For example, my SP has every option except one.....and of course it is one I would have prefered to have . "sound group2" I know I can upgrade later and even have something better, but that is an expense that has to be justified to the boss...errr the wife.

#20 ·
Believe me, if Shakers were on the lots I'd already have one in my garage!

#25 ·
Just saw a photo on FB, with 2 Shakers rolling off a car hauler. B5 Blue and a Sublime. They are out there!

:guiness:

#21 ·
I fall in two categories, wanted very limited options, most that were coming in around here have sunroofs, and obviously, there are no shakers on lots. But the most important reason for me is the unmolested aspect, I already talked about this a few times, but don't like the idea that everyone is doing spin-outs and going WOT or whatever else on "test" drives.

#22 ·
...But the most important reason for me is the unmolested aspect, I already talked about this a few times, but don't like the idea that everyone is doing spin-outs and going WOT or whatever else on "test" drives.
This for me too. I have ordered most of my new cars over the past 25 years for this reason. I have bought two off the lot in that time but they were not performance vehicles and it is unlikely they were abused. I know I have test driven performance vehicles and had the salesperson tell me "get on it!" too many times, I know what happens to at least some test vehicles. Not to my SP though, the dealer has promised me that the only folks who will drive it will be the guy who unloads it off the trailer, the tech who does the inspection, and him when he goes to get some fuel prior to delivery...

#23 ·
This for me too. I have ordered most of my new cars over the past 25 years for this reason. I have bought two off the lot in that time but they were not performance vehicles and it is unlikely they were abused. I know I have test driven performance vehicles and had the salesperson tell me "get on it!" too many times, I know what happens to at least some test vehicles. Not to my SP though, the dealer has promised me that the only folks who will drive it will be the guy who unloads it off the trailer, the tech who does the inspection, and him when he goes to get some fuel prior to delivery...

I'm sure you know your dealer better than I know mine, I'm not even trusting the dealership i'm using to fill it up with gas, wash it, nothing. Drive off trailer, inspect, and gimme my car. I can take the plastic off too, thanks guys, by the way, going somewhere else for servicing also, but take care!
:thumbsup:

#27 ·
That's good news. Glad to hear they're out there!

#31 ·
I was looking for a Jazz Blue SP and there were only so many available across the country. One was located 175 miles away and had everything I was looking for except it had a sun roof I did not want. Contacted the dealer through their web site and they never even got back to me. Went to my local dealer and placed an order.

I ordered my 09 R/T and it 5 months to get. It is nice to have no one messing with it and your name is on the window sticker :)

Now I wait. It will be a lot quicker than last time.

#36 ·
Got my VON yesterday...VIN today!

#38 ·
Scat Pack Restrictions

I'm also in the SoCal / Los Angeles area and was trying to order my B5 Blue Scat Pack with a couple options. The top 2 lines were highlighted pink and said restricted (Scat Pack and Customer package 24G)

I ordered 3/20 but still haven't gotten a VON or VIN, but my dealer said it shouldn't be a big deal and not to worry. He said they could find a way to push the order through when their sales ordering guy was there later this week.

However I've checked with a couple other dealers just inquiring about ordering a Scat Pack and a couple have told me that I would not be able to get my order through on a Scat Pack until the 2016 model year. One of those dealers I've caught in a couple lies tho so I take that with a grain of salt. But the other dealer seemed a bit more reputable and told me there was some shortage on the 6.4L engines right now and they're allocating them more just for the SRT right now. He told me he would update me in a couple weeks when the order banks open up again.

So I'm not sure what to think but I think we're in the same boat. I'll keep you updated if I hear of anything and please keep us updated if they're able to push your order through. I don't mind waiting the 2 months for the custom order, but it'd be nice to know that the $1000 deposit isn't just wasting away and that there's some progress being made, especially if maybe another dealer could be moving the process along faster.

#40 ·
I'm also in the SoCal / Los Angeles area and was trying to order my B5 Blue Scat Pack with a couple options. The top 2 lines were highlighted pink and said restricted (Scat Pack and Customer package 24G)

I ordered 3/20 but still haven't gotten a VON or VIN, but my dealer said it shouldn't be a big deal and not to worry. He said they could find a way to push the order through when their sales ordering guy was there later this week.

However I've checked with a couple other dealers just inquiring about ordering a Scat Pack and a couple have told me that I would not be able to get my order through on a Scat Pack until the 2016 model year. One of those dealers I've caught in a couple lies tho so I take that with a grain of salt. But the other dealer seemed a bit more reputable and told me there was some shortage on the 6.4L engines right now and they're allocating them more just for the SRT right now. He told me he would update me in a couple weeks when the order banks open up again.

So I'm not sure what to think but I think we're in the same boat. I'll keep you updated if I hear of anything and please keep us updated if they're able to push your order through. I don't mind waiting the 2 months for the custom order, but it'd be nice to know that the $1000 deposit isn't just wasting away and that there's some progress being made, especially if maybe another dealer could be moving the process along faster.

I dont know if believe this as the 6.4 is shared with the SP and SRT. SP outsells the SRT 2-1 right now. I think you have SRT buyers going one of two ways, hell cat which is a different motor, and a lot of them are stepping down to to the SP.

If anything i can see an issue on the SP shaker. But I dont believe they are slowing SP for the SRT.

#42 ·
I got my Scatpack out of dealer stock, it was an early order model without all the interior extras. I had planned on ordering one through a local dealer, but I heard rumblings of order restrictions. There was a flood of them on the lots in Jan/Feb, but the lots have really dried up. Now I'm glad I got mine from inventory rather than ordering.

#44 ·
I believe that there is probably a higher price margin on the SRT than on the Scat Pack....
Actually, if you build the two basic cars on cars.com the difference between MSRP and Invoice is:

SRT - $1406
ScatPack - $1771

So the dealer makes more selling the SP at sticker than he does the SRT. Don't know about holdback though, or Dodge's actual margin. It certainly doesn't favor the dealers to sell the SRT over the SP...

#46 ·
I just got back from the dealer to pick up my plates, the guy who sold me my Scatpack said that I bought the last A8 car they had for the rest of the 15 year. They have two M6 cars, and they said they can only order manuals right now. He said they don't think Dodge will allow them to order any more A8 Scatpacks until the 16 model year.

I obviously can't verify his statements, but he did not have any reason to make up any stories, I already bought two cars and don't plan to buy anything else for a few years.

#48 ·
I hope that's true. I hope they flood the market with A8 cars; making the M6 cars more rare in 5 years when I plan to sell. My B5, six-speed is all about resale in 5 years when it's paid off. Like a forced savings account when I retire. I want it to be rare and desirable, and I think I got the color and gear-box for just that. Meanwhile.....5 years of fun!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.