Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Share your performance pages TIMERS>BEST

7K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  SKULLNUTZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Did not see a thread like this and I for one hope it doesn't fade into oblivion, but I thought it would be cool to see how low we can get these timers>best numbers over time. I'll bump it once in awhile to keep it alive...

I'll start... I'm absolutely sure these are not the best out there...:|

These times were all obtained at the drag strip, but I think it would be interesting to see numbers from Scat Pack owners who don't subject their car to strip 1/4 mile runs.

Anyone else?

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: SublimeScat15
#2 ·
Here is a run I did earlier today. Had my A/C on and didn't do a burnout. Just stopped on a known road and took off. My first time running the car thru the quarter. Car has 1800 miles on it. Mods are 275/45 Yokohama Advan Sports and JLT CAI. Also have the cap off the air inlet in the headlight. Was 80 out and humidity was about 75 percent.

Attachments

#3 ·
FYI, you can put a USB drive in, and then hold the drivers side temp controls(up and down) and the rear defrost for like 10 seconds, and it will take a screenshot of whatever is on the 8.4 screen, and write it to the USB drive. I don't know if it's easier than a phone picture, but thought I'd tell ya.

#8 ·
This is a GREAT little tip!! Does the system make any kind of noise to let you know if actually took the screen shot?

By the way, these times make me sick!! I can't even get close to these yet! I got a lot of launch learning to do!

#5 ·
#6 ·
I wonder if my 275/45 tires can throw off the reading of the times if it is not recalibrated in the ecm. Anybody know if tire size can effect the reading if not adjusted accordingly?

#7 · (Edited)
Yes. When your speedometer reads 60 mph with the 275/45 tires, your vehicle will actually be traveling at 62.31 mph, which is 3.70% faster than the original tires. Meaning your car is probably faster than your best times show. I could be wrong so correct me if so. It's late!

I thought about that AFTER starting this thread... Too late now I guess. Still interesting tho. You could enter a smaller wheel diameter into a tuner and get much faster MPH and lower times.. You might not want to do that however, they could get stuck in the best times. That might raise some eyebrows during warranty work...

Anyone had luck clearing best times by the way. I've tried to no avail.

Tire Size Calculator - Compare Two Sizes

#11 ·
I get consistant upper 3z at the strip on DRz. But on the stock 245z my best was 4.6. Haven't tried on my 295 street yet. If you want to see what 3.7 looks like from inside the car check this.

https://youtu.be/vUJfOfKmNpQ

#13 · (Edited)

Attachments

#14 ·
Nice man. I take it some of the cooler weather we are getting attributed to that? I am pulling 4.2 0-60's on the street with 275/45 Yokohama street tires now. Pretty happy about that. Still wandering how much my tire size is throwing off the readings.

#19 ·
I tried this on street tires with A/C on an open road... uh, yeah I need a LOT of practice. I'm not even posting my screen. :(

Reactions: murderedRT
#22 · (Edited)
Just grabbed a pic of my timers. Most remained the same since my last post. The 1/8 ET and MPH actually changed though, not the right way however... Not sure why. I have reset and even removed the PCM several times and the timers data always held...

Attachments

#23 ·
Subscribed. Will post up when I get a chance

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.