Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Sport mode and super track

30K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Hal H 
#1 ·
I'm new to the challenger muscle car family and I going to be here to ask a lot of crazy questions about this monster I purchased lol. But Can someone explain these modes and explain what they do for the car. I'm curious. I see the buttons but don't know. Read the manual and I'm still clueless. Like what are the benefits and when should you use these modes. I have a shaker scat pack 392 by the way if that helps

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#2 ·
Super Track puts you into the Launch Control screens.
Sport mode is an actual driving mode which firms up the steering and shifts the trans faster. It also deactivate MDS (4 cylinder mode) and it opens up the active exhaust. You can tweak these settings as well.

For what its worth, I absolutely LOVE sport mode and find myself driving in Sport mode exclusively unless Im going on a longer road trips and want better gas milage.

If you haven't already done so, press that Sport button and enjoy!!

#3 ·
the Sport mode also does a couple of other items:

>modifies the throttle response

>opens up the exhaust damper valves at all times.
(normally these open up at higher rpm/loads)

#8 ·
Has anyone verified that in Sport Mode the AES opens and stays open? I'm not convinced this is the case; I believe they just open with less throttle than default mode. I'd like to to be able to flip a switch to lock them open (on their own), but retain the quiet that comes with default when needed. I want this because the car is definitely a lot quieter when not under load, or at idle. For instance, running the car at operating temp in a parking space and switching sport on and off makes no difference in the exhaust sound.

#9 ·
I have verified that my valves do not stay open in sport mode. It will also go into MDS but not as easily or as often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.