Dodge Challenger Forum banner

SRT exhaust routing, same as Scat Pack 392?

6K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  RebelWithACause 
#1 ·
I have a SPS on order and I would like to purchase a NOWEEDS exhaust diverter. However, I need to verify that the exhaust routing and size is exactly the same as the SRT. They only have a listing for a 2014 SRT8. Here is the link:

NOWEEDS FOR THE 2009-2014 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 | NOWEEDS

I know the exhaust sounds great as stock, and the diverter will not change the HP much. I just want to have the ability to have fun making lots of noise when the situation requires it.>:)

#3 ·
They are expensive cutouts. However, they divert all the exhaust gas. No exhaust will come out of the tail pipes. Other cutouts have cheap motors and hang lower.

I expect that the Scat Pack 392 would have the same size and routing as the SRT. Just thought I better verify it.

#7 ·
The factory active exhaust is not dumps. The valves just force the exhaust to flow thru small holes when they are closed, when they open it is more free flowing and louder but still flows out the tips.

On the 14 to 15 differences I think they are slightly different but not sure exactly how. Whoever installs your new system should be able to figure it out. Pipe diameter is the same, 2.75 inch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
interesting. Since:

a) my 10 R/T had QTP cutouts (low profile) that sounded awesome and had slight chatter... but used to scrape on all kinds of things with the turn-down tips.
b) the 15 SP is lower, so I would assume that would mean nearly tearing off the exhaust over a high speed bump, etc. Let me know what you find out

#10 ·
Spoke with Steve from NOWEEDS & I just placed an order. He did their first install on an 15 Scat Pack and it turned out great. He did say their were some minor modifications that had to be done. He said they now have the design worked out for the 2015's.He is anticipating a 3 week build time. I have owned 4 Challengers and have tried QTP, Pypes, & Badlandz. Have had issues with all the for-mentioned. If you look at the build quality its night & day compared to the others. Also it is a no-weld setup it only uses clamps and can easily be put back to stock. My local shop Fluid MotorUnion are doing the install and they have a great website & blog. They will be documented the install with pics & video.

#17 · (Edited)
That is a very nice setup. The coolness factor alone has got to be good for 10 HP.
Is there any reason we couldn't install this at home?

#18 · (Edited)
I agree, looks way cool and will sound even sicker. As far as any reason you couldn't install yourself at home, I can think of 2 very good reasons:

1. Unless you have access to a lift, might not be very much fun.
2. Your wife/GF will rag at you for--yet again--working on the car instead of on her, so my advice would be as follows: tell your [in]significant other that you are going to visit your very sick (fill in the blank, e.g. grandmother, aunt, stripper friend) in the hospital, then drop the hotrod at a QUALIFIED shop to have the work done. This would be a great opportunity to actually go visit that stripper friend at work! Alternatively, find a sports bar nearby and enjoy a few brewskies while watching lingerie football (or whatever) until the install is done. Next, drive that beast like you stole it (open exhaust, of course) for a few hours (or until you get arrested, whichever comes first). Then go home and when asked about your sick (again, fill in the blank), just say you don't feel like talking about it, and you're golden!

Any more silly questions? jk >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.