Dodge Challenger Forum banner

For those that have their Scat Pack, what don't you like?

83K views 328 replies 110 participants last post by  jakethesnake0413 
#1 ·
Ok I wanted to make this as a complimentary thread to this thread.

So I want the people the own a Scat Pack to put what they aren't a fan of. Basically, I would prefer if people that just want to hate on the car stay away from this thread.

Make it about the car, not Dodge, customer service or the dealer.

The things I dislike are so minor that it really tells tales about how much I love this car, it's a great car! Here are my issues:

-The trashcans are wicked small

-The UConnect can be a little sluggish

-The rear design doesn't mitigate the dirt flying up issue as much as the car designers said it would

-The fuel economy screen in the middle is really busy and distracting and the car doesn't tell me I'm in MDS mode anywhere but there.

-The backup cam is a great addition BUT the quality is not great on the screen. I do like that the lines move

-INB4 Cupholders (I don't really mind them but some people do)

-Driver storage is smaller than in previous years

-Starting the car from the phone takes a while (they really needed 4G on the phone)

Great car 10/10 but might as well post this just for fun.

See less See more
#2 ·
The only issue I'm having right now with it is this:

It seems that during low RPMs (90% of the time it's under 1500) it has this rattle/vibration noise as the car is accelerating. It sounds like the exhaust is possibly rubbing somewhere. I orginally thought it was something in the interior that wasn't fully put together or something, it sounds like it's coming right behind the driver side near the quarter window. I kinda banged my hand around on the plastic pieces back there thinking something was out of place but the sound remains. It's more noticable while taking off from sport mode from dead stops or when a light changes and you're in like 6th gear and then you accelerate through 7th and 8th. It's completely fine while cruising and RPMs are above 1500. It's just during the intial take offs. Not sure what it is. It'll do it in regular default mode but it's quietier. I haven't had a chance to mess around underneath where the exhaust is put together. Anyone else have this issue or know what I'm talking about?

#47 ·
The only issue I'm having right now with it is this:

It seems that during low RPMs (90% of the time it's under 1500) it has this rattle/vibration noise as the car is accelerating. It sounds like the exhaust is possibly rubbing somewhere. I orginally thought it was something in the interior that wasn't fully put together or something, it sounds like it's coming right behind the driver side near the quarter window. I kinda banged my hand around on the plastic pieces back there thinking something was out of place but the sound remains. It's more noticable while taking off from sport mode from dead stops or when a light changes and you're in like 6th gear and then you accelerate through 7th and 8th. It's completely fine while cruising and RPMs are above 1500. It's just during the intial take offs. Not sure what it is. It'll do it in regular default mode but it's quietier. I haven't had a chance to mess around underneath where the exhaust is put together. Anyone else have this issue or know what I'm talking about?
Yes, exactly the same thing on mine when I first got it and it has since stopped. I did find that the car seat latch cover on the rear package tray , drivers side , was not seated properly . I took it off and reseated in until it clicked in. Since the rattling stopped, I assumed that may have been the reason. Check yours and let me know.

#3 · (Edited)
I love my car and would want nothing else.

If INB4 cup holders are the door cup holders, I agree. I've already scuffed my foot on them a couple times.

The rear quarter valance lower skirts are flimsy as hell.

I didn't realize the 911, assist and G force measurement are only active with a $14.99 a month subscription. Once my trial runs out I guess I will be dropping these.

I'd gladly give back the power telescoping / tilt steering wheel to give my passengers a power seat.

Oh and I wish the fender bees had 392 callouts, not the metric nonsense.

Slight tranny noise around 72-73 mph. The manual says you may hear your tranny and it is normal, but that speed is where I spend a lot of my driving time.

What I like but don't love, the wheels. You're supposed to love your wheels. I'm also predicting the black paint on these is going to flake prematurely. Time will tell.

#5 ·
Had mine for 2 weeks and 296 miles. My list is minor:

1. The bee logo should say 392. Really hope someone makes an aftermarket 9ne like that soon.

2. Not sold on the black pocket wheels. Love the classic wheels on my 13. These, not so much. Likely changing them this spring.

3. Sound group II stereo sounds weak, but saw another thread with a radio reset procedure that hopefully liven it up.

4. And my biggest complaint! Waiting 500 miles until I can really stand on it. The wait is killing me.

#10 ·
Had mine for 2 weeks and 296 miles. My list is minor:

1. The bee logo should say 392. Really hope someone makes an aftermarket 9ne like that soon.

Oh sounds like someone has a photoshop project for this weekend!! Thats a great idea. I know a lot of the SRT guys don't think us Scat Pack folks should be putting 392 anywhere on our Challengers! But this would look SWEET!!

#8 ·
No memory drivers seat..?

Reactions: TheGreenGoblin
#12 ·
Well I knew what I was getting before I purchased the vehicle, but some things I miss from the Daytona I had were the memory seats, the auto seat adjustment when you got in, and not having back doors when the kids want to get in. I -KNEW- all that prior to purchasing the Scat Pack, so I can't really gripe about it. ;)

#13 · (Edited)
I like a lot about the 2015, but with anything new, nothing is going to be perfect. For me the following are my dislikes (in no particular order):

- The wheels are not my favorite, but they are growing on me (like 5 spoke better)
- Shark fin looks funky (wish it wasn't there)
- No way to turn off halos unless you turn off the car
- Center console storage is a bit smaller than my 2009
- The electric lumbar button is not as nice to operate as the manual one in my 2009
- No electric rear seat-back tilt (must stop to change seatback angle)
- Cruise control buttons are not as user friendly as the stalk in my 2009
- Auto climate control is not as easy to operate (manually) as my 2009 manual climate controls
- Touch screen audio controls take longer to change than the manual ones on my 2009 REQ radio

But, even with all the above written, I'm not giving the car back. :D

#14 · (Edited)
....I know a lot of the SRT guys don't think us Scat Pack folks should be putting 392 anywhere on our Challengers!
Tough bumpkis, next year plenty of SPs will have the 392 callout on the shaker from the factory....

#17 ·
My gripes:

The gap in the pillar for the front seat belts seems wider than it should be

There is no true "off " button for the radio

The apps are slow to load

As soon as I plug in my phone , the radio starts playing the music stored on it.

I haven't figured out how to load my own "Home" or default image on the touch screen

My neighbors are too light of sleepers; I nurse Renny out of the block at 5:45 am, but I've already received glares coming home at night

Other than that, I guess I can live with this car... ; )

2015 Pitch Black 6M R/T Scat Pack 392

#18 ·
Who cares what the neighbors think about your car? Stand on it and really give them something to be upset about!!! Ha Ha! They will be cleaning the poop out of their beds!

#20 ·
Has anyone noticed that the emblem on the driver's side of the car has the bee going backwards? You would think that they would make both emblems face the front of the car, but I guess in today's modern technology world, they do things the cheap way...

#28 ·
Granite crystal. Overall looks like about 80 imperfections. Didn't really notice them till I started seeing one here one there, then I started seeing them all over. I'll be contacting the dealer tomorrow!

#31 ·
I'd contact dealer and open a case with SRT (they handle scat pack customer care)
That's just crazy

Anyone else with GC Metallic notice similar imperfections ?

#38 ·
Yeah, Looks like every panel has something.
Let's try a pic that's right side up.
Sorry to hear about your paint defects. That was one of the things I was sweating the most, waiting for my car to be delivered.

Figured, of all the paints to pick, my Pitch Black would show everything, and I didn't have a great comfort level given all the stories about the age of the Brampton Paint Plant...

...but gotta hand it to those guys; my paint is near perfect. A line or speck here or there, but given the huge amount of painted area, a minute percentage in terms of problem areas. My anticipated DA buffer time should be greatly reduced, thought I'm going to do the whole car anyways with a sealer.

#34 ·
Believe it or not they weren't very easy to see until I started looking. Oh yeah and I'm half f#%^*&@ blind. My wife is helping now she has better eyes and the count is now just over 90.

#39 ·
Take it by the dealer and they should be able to take care of you, and if that doesn't help talk to Chrysler's customer care department. I had a case manager contact me about my little paint defect from the factory. I am deciding to leave it alone as it's not severe enough to warrant repainting my entire roof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.