Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Will I like the Scat Pack shaker?

8K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  FWB 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm caving over here as I had originally been waiting for the new Hellcats. At first i was set on scat pack shaker but my wife said just get the Hellcat in 2017. Which was cool but now Ive found a scat pack 2016 shaker in the original combo I was wanting. Brand new 2016 with msrp of 45k and some change, for 38,500 today. (6spd) I have yet to see that sort of savings and now Im wavering. I think they want to move it before end of month and why they quoted me so low, no hassle price. Now Im thinking will I be disappointed in the scat pack over waiting on the hellcat. Damn near saving half the price though too since the cat I wanted was about 65k. But the one thing Ive wanted was the shaker hood. I love it, and dont care that its not really functional. I'm torn. Lets hear it guys with shaker scat packs, or scat packs period since I already know ill love the hood. If I dont get it , I can always pass the number to the salesmen who Im working with and all the details.

#3 ·
That is a heck of a price. I guess the question you have to ask yourself is do you want to pay 30k more for the hellcat. Only you can answer that question.

If it were me I'd save the 30k but this is your car. You don't want to buy something and then regret it later. Then you will be losing more money upgrading.

Good luck with the decision.

#4 ·
Yah the 30k savings sounds a lot better. Originally paying MSRP i was like ok I want the hellcat since the wife is on board. But now with 6700 in savings , i do like a good deal. And both of your responses,your cars are in red, as is this one. Redline red ......Originally I did want TorRed. However when i went and saw the redline, i really like it. The good thing is I havent test driven a hellcat so I guess as long as i stay away I wouldnt know what Im missing. But damn , I hear everyone with a hellcat say how awesome it is. Maybe I give it another day....I dont know, I think my patience is done, as i woke up ready to go today. Ive waited nearly a year for a hellcat, almost pulled the trigger then the new colors were announced and saw the color I wanted. Of course Ive been waiting so long, that i decided to go look at the scat packs and ran across this one, and then they hit me with that low price. I just dont know. My wife got me out of there to think about it as I was ready to drive it home.

#6 ·
I paid 37500 for scat pack with A8......love the shaker but was approx. 4k more....at 38.5 I would jump on that deal...really like the scat pack at 800 miles....like the shaker hood the best of all.....couldn't afford hellcat....not sure what I would do with all that power, as it is hard enough staying out of trouble with 485hp..good luck

#8 ·
DANG you missed it, but sounds like you are a lot more patience than me, which can be good or bad. In Jan I test drove a Scat Pack and was immediately hooked worked a good deal and ordered that day. Not sorry but if I would have been more patience I might have found a deal like you did and saved thousands of dollars. I bet you find another good deal! Most of the time it is good to at least sleep on it overnite, then sometimes you need to be ready to pull the trigger....good luck

#35 ·
Not as good as that one lol....hell of a deal for a shaker SCAT PACK..

#11 ·
I have a redline red 2015 SRT 392. The color is awesome. However, if you had your heart set on a Hellcat and purchased the Scat Pack Shaker instead because of the phenomenal deal, I think in the long run you would have regretted it. For example, if you bought it and then ever had a friend with a Hellcat that let you drive it, I assume the difference is night and day between a Hellcat and any other trim level.

#13 ·
I would first take into consideration whether you will use the car as a daily driver or as a weekend car? If a daily driver, you will find the SP more than enough to be honest and will enjoy it alot. If the car is a weekend car, the Hellcat would do a better job for sure.

You should also consider the difference you are going to pay and if it is worth it to you. I think only you can answer this question.

Think wisely before pulling the trigger as you may end up trading up the Scat Pack a year later for a Hellcat or realize that you do not need/use all the power that comes with the Hellcat and wished you bought a Scat Pack and saved 30 grand instead.

This is my take on the matter. Good luck and all the best:thumbsup:

#14 ·
Yah thanks for the encouragement. First time I felt like a kid. I went off cpu and took a nap I was so ticked. It was Red on red without scat pack appearance which I liked because I like the full leather and not the suede seats. This is to be my weekend car. I just want a fun car and to be honest I probably should wait for the hellcat but I think I could have been happy with the purchase and install a procharger to it :)
Since my technical skills allow me to do my own work I could have stepped it up a little if horsepower became a problem. Looked across the country and cant find another like it. Better yet, I cant find a shaker 2016 6spd under 39999. Guy in Gilroy said he might find me one, so I guess I'll see what he comes up with. Thanks for all the replys, did make me feel a bit better lol

#15 ·
Love my SPS. I get a ton of looks and compliments on it and with 485hp it's a beast. However, if you've waited this long to get the Hellcat down the road you will regret not waiting just a little longer. Get what you originally had your heart set on.

#16 ·
I bought my Scat Pack at the peak of the Hellcat hype. It was great and I had no complaints, but I couldn't get owning a Hellcat out of my head. When prices on Hellcats started to come down to earth I found the car I wanted at a good price and made the move. I have zero regrets and fortunately didn't take a bath on my SP. If you can comfortably afford a Hellcat you won't have to wonder if you should have gotten one. The Hellcat is a blast to drive on the street even when you are well under peak power.

#18 ·
I was kind of in your boat. I had a 2013 Charger super bee, 6.4L, it was fast and a great car. Got the SRT track exp with the car, so went and did it. Drove a hellcat at the SRT Driving Exp. Left the SRT Driving Exp saying I was going to trade in my super bee for a hellcat. I would have had to wait a couple years to save up for the hellcat. But like you I love the shaker hood. So when they offerd PCP for the SPS I ordered one. I love it, its a killer car. But I know if I drive a hellcat, ill still want one. So I just wont drive a hellcat.

If you want speed get the hellcat, there is no question about that. If your going to buy a SPS just to procharge it, I would still get the hellcat, its just that good of a car. If the only reason you want to get the SPS is to save the money and a shaker hood, then I think you should still get the hellcat. I have never seen a post about someone saying, man I wish I would not have got the hellcat.

There are over 2000 dodge dealers in America. If you call enough of them, you will find and get what you want.

Dont be too hard on your Wife, when your driving your hellcat, you will be thanking her for not getting the SPS.

#20 ·
If you're craving the performance of of the Hellcat- the 392 isn't going to have that level of performance, to be upfront.

The base SP Shaker starts at $43.8K before adding options, - so $38k would have been a great deal.

Its better to get what you really want rather than buy one model, change your mind and take a hit on selling / trading in shortly afterward.

#21 ·
For me I always wanted the R/T in Tor Red and when the time was right I went for it. I drove the shakers and Scat Packs but the R/T was what I wanted.. So if the HC is what you really want go for it otherwise you might be 2nd guessing yourself about not getting it.

#23 ·
:D Funny Andrew...
Yah I think I will just wait for the 2017 models, especially since possibly 2 new models coming out in 2017. The MSRP was 45,365 I believe and the price was 38,500, so it was a big enough savings that i felt I would be in the car right and still love it. Now that Im sort of over it , I guess its just as well. As an update though, the salesman emailed me today and asked if I would be interested in just ordering what I want for $500 over invoice. I said no right away. I mean part of the allure was the incredible price that I hadnt found anywhere across the country and it happened to be exactly what I wanted in a SPS (red on red, full leather, 6 spd, shaker). Getting 2k off isnt enough to push me into a SPS. As far as the hellcat, it will be a stretch for me to get it. Yes I can get it but to say its price isnt concerning would be untruthful :)
But Im thinking its worth the stretch since the kid is off the payroll now :)

#24 ·
Just FYI, I ordered my PCPSPS for 1% under invoice. The salesman asking $500 over invoice is trying to make money off you. Im ok with that, its their job, they must make money to keep the dealership in business and employees employed. However, they will not make that money off me, there are plenty of others out there they can make it off of. You can read about it here. http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...y-awesome-dealer-experience-long-post-456098/

#25 ·
Just FYI, I ordered my PCPSPS for 1% under invoice. The salesman asking $500 over invoice is trying to make money off you. Im ok with that, its their job, they must make money to keep the dealership in business and employees employed. However, they will not make that money off me, there are plenty of others out there they can make it off of. You can read about it here. http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...y-awesome-dealer-experience-long-post-456098/
They still make money at 1% under invoice. I think we all want the dealers we buy from to be profitable so they keep the doors open. I think the point is we shouldn't allow them to rip us off.

#28 ·
It depends on what you want sports or muscle Hellcat is a sports car forced induction a very nice sports car but still a sports car the scat pack is a muscle car with natural aspiration both are extremely nice I chose natural muscle personally

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#29 ·
The Challenger is a muscle car/GT regardless of trim, the Hellcat is no more of a sports car than a Miata is a muscle car.

A sports car is a generally a small, nimble 2-seater or 2+2. Like a Porsche 911, Boxster, Miata, 370Z, BMW M2, Corvette, etc. The Challenger is too big to be a sports car.

#47 ·
Just let it go man its my opinion and I do think your a supermodel and a dude because your acting like a b#! $% right now maybe you need a snickers or something I don't know and I said it sounds like I'm describing a Corvette I never said anything about comparing them in a race of any sort against each other I'm not sure where you got that but your sure running with it the fact that your making up crazy nonsense out of thin air tells me all I need to know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

#48 ·
Longest run-on sentence I've seen in a while, way to go! Someone is getting worked up... :rofl: Thanks for the entertainment this afternoon. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.