Dodge Challenger Forum banner

WOW!!! Is that the Hellcat??!! NO DAMNIT... Its a Scat Pack!!

27K views 96 replies 56 participants last post by  Power Hungry 
#1 ·
Ive had my Scat for a little over a month. I have a whole thread documenting my love for this car. Ive never had a muscle car before, hell Ive never had an attention getting car before! So some of this is new to me.

So far, Ive only ran into 1 guy who knew what the Scat Pack was and really knew his Mopars!! Everyone else asks... "Is that the Hellcat?!!" and then when I tell them it isn't, they seem a bit down. So Im like, nope, not the 700 horsepower Hellcat, just a measly little 485hp Scat Pack!

So what type of responses are my fellow Scat Packers dulling out to the masses to help educate the world on what it means to be a part of the Scat Pack??!

#2 ·
If you know the person and will be seeing them again, tell them it's a scat, if you don't, say "Hell Yea!" then leave them with some smoke to breathe in. >:)

Personally I do not feel the need to educate anyone on my car, I bought it for me and only for me. If someone asks I will tell them but I am not going to hold a class :)

Reactions: CarreraPete
#3 ·
If you know the person and will be seeing them again, tell them it's a scat, if you don't, say "Hell Yea!" then leave them with some smoke to breathe in. >:)
LOL... Love it Gormly!

I don't mind educating folks when they ask. This car deserves the attention. For the performance we get at the price... how can you go wrong!

#5 ·
Maybe it's just a Purgatorycat.

#6 ·
while I'm not Catholic nor do I believe in purgatory but that is funny stuff right there

#9 ·
I don't mind educating folks.
The way I see it, all the attention is a testament to the Challenger brand's popularity. The Hellcat being at the top of the food chain is obviously going to be the most interesting amongst people who don't know anything about muscle cars.
Enjoy these cars while they are still being made, because it's not going to last forever. I ordered a Sublime Scat Pack, and will be more than happy to show people that the Challenger name is more than just the Hellcat.

#12 ·
Every Challenger is a Hellcat now. Just like every gun is an AK47.

#30 ·
Every Challenger is a Hellcat now. Just like every gun is an AK47.
Exactly! haha I had one guy come up to me at a gas station about a month ago and asked if my '09 was a Hellcat. I wish I could've said yes!

#14 ·
I rarely get approached. might be the tattoo sleeves and I had a long goatee till i had to shave it
So what you're saying is I need to get some INK!?? I've lived this many years of my life without a tat... Ive never seen anything I wanted to have permanently bonded to my skin! TETO (To each their own).
Even with a cool ass name like Merlin. My Uncle has an awesome Wizard tat on his arm. Maybe I should get the Hell Scat... or the Merlin Hell Scat!!

Reactions: Sith R/T
#16 ·
If someone has to ask they obviously have no clue.

So true... Im still trying to teach my 6 year old twins engine sizes and horse power. Its funny they already seem to pick up on this stuff faster than an adult. My son is telling everyone he can that "its a Scat Pack... 485 horses baby!!"

#18 ·
Haha, yeah I get his question fairly often as well. I usually respond with "No, just it's 500hp cousin for about $20k less." I know it's only 485, but I figure if they don't know what the car is then what harm is there in embellishing 15hp? :p

#24 ·
I can't tell you how many times my family has gotten that wrong:crying:

"No Mom, it's Challenger, not a Charger" "Oh isn't that nice:|"

#25 ·
I've had (so far) two people in traffic (at stoplights) ask me "is that a Hellcat?" I answer with a short laugh and say, "Uh, no... more of a Hell Kitten -- half the horsepower, but still more than enough to get into plenty of trouble! ...and, it gets better gas mileage."

:)

#26 ·
The scat pack is 68.6% of the horsepower of a Hellcat, so technically you should say

"Uh, no... more of a Hellscat -- more than two thirds the horsepower, more than enough to get into plenty of trouble!"

Then rev and smoke.

Or just say "Yes, It's a Hellscat" LOL

#27 ·
Ive had my Scat for a little over a month. I have a whole thread documenting my love for this car. Ive never had a muscle car before, hell Ive never had an attention getting car before! So some of this is new to me.

So far, Ive only ran into 1 guy who knew what the Scat Pack was and really knew his Mopars!! Everyone else asks... "Is that the Hellcat?!!" and then when I tell them it isn't, they seem a bit down. So Im like, nope, not the 700 horsepower Hellcat, just a measly little 485hp Scat Pack!

So what type of responses are my fellow Scat Packers dulling out to the masses to help educate the world on what it means to be a part of the Scat Pack??!
I've had cars slowing down on the freeway to snap pictures at my car, my SRT with Torred did a better job convincing everyone that they saw a Hellcat lol.. many many time guys approached at the gas station and ask if it's a Hellcat

#32 ·
I did start the topic comparing Scats to Cats but I didn't realize the overall impact the Cats have on all the Challengers. So hop onboard fellow Challenger owners of all kinds!! LOL

I love the Charger one though... Ive gotten that one too a couple of times.

#38 ·
Got the question twice this weekend. But this time when I told him "nope, it's a Scat Pack" he said "who gives a **** what model it is right, that's one sick ass car man!!"
Love it!

Reactions: jpcarcass
#48 ·
For some reason I think I would be ok with it being called a Super Bee. I mean it does have a bee on it but doesn't say Scat Pack anywhere on the car so I can understand that confusion.

#51 ·
I just got asked by a guy in a military uniform. When I said " no, it's a scat pack." He (in disappointment) said, "ah" waved me off and walked away. Like the commercial says, if you know, you know. His loss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.