Votes: 900 16.3%
  • 45 to 55

Votes: 1,454 26.4%
  • 55+ and wiser

Votes: 732 13.3%

What is your age?

232K views 1K replies 965 participants last post by  rajunz 
#1 ·
Please help us determine the age demographic of the people who are interested in this car.

Thx.

#3 ·
IM 19! hehe

#10 ·
Vanishing Point said:
Old enough to remember "The Rifleman".;) :cool:
Chuck Conners - I like Johnny Yuma, The Rebel, too. I also watch Combat with Vic Morrow on Sunday's cable. And I'm 52.

#128 ·
Chuck Conners - I like Johnny Yuma, The Rebel, too. I also watch Combat with Vic Morrow on Sunday's cable. And I'm 52.
Combat ,man that brings back memories.
Land of the giants,lost in space was one of my fav's,and voyage to the bottom of the sea who can forget that show.
huge wild wild west fan also.

Wow Im getting old,lol.......
:disappointed::grim:

#520 ·
I know this was posted a while ago. But I will turn 50 this year and I still remember the Rat Patrol, 12 o'clock High, Combat and yes the Green Hornet...T.V. Show...not the movie.

The Challenger attracts more of the older crowd, just my observation.

#12 ·
HIGH_HEMI said:
Alright Brother!!! For a minute I thought I was alone here with my age and all. Man, I feel good now! Heck I even remember sitting around the radio(yes young people,I did say radio) listening to the lone ranger,and The Shadow,etc.....The Shadow knows!!!!!!:D :cool:

#635 ·
Vanashing Point

I realize that you probably posted this months ago, but in revisiting this room, your response regarding "listening to the radio," just caught my eye.

I just wanted you to know that you're not entirely alone out here. I too, remember sitting in front of a "huge" wooden console radio listening with great excitment to many of the shows of the day - particularly the westerns.

I'm near-65 and perhaps even a bit young to remember the radio as well as I do. Part of the reason my recollection is so clear is because there was simply literally nothing in the way of television available in the small, rural town (population 800-ish) I lived in. The nearest city that might have supported a television antenna was easily 150 miles away.

Having said that, I'll get right to the question I have for you.

That is, did you have an electric, or kerosene-powered radio? :jester:

Best wishes from a "failed" comedy writer, lol.

Gary "beamg5"

#13 ·
Mr.DJ said:
I also enjoyed watching Chuck Connors in 'Branded'. He also happened to be a good friend of my mother-in-law's brother, and Mr. Connors lived in the mountains just east of where I grew-up. I have the entire 'Combat!' series on video, and am working on getting all of 'Then Came Bronson', 'Banacek', and the 'Rat Patrol' as well. :)
Man DJ, your bringing back old memories...I love it! Guess that's why I want this retro challenger so bad,as it reminds me of a cooler time.;) :cool:

#14 ·
It's good to see I'm in the majority group (although on the edge at 37)

All ages love Mopar Muscle though and if they don't we need to teach them too. My Kid's know what 'Cudas and Challengers are but if you said Camaro or Mustang they would prob just stare blankly :D

#19 ·
Mr.DJ said:
I also enjoyed watching Chuck Connors in 'Branded'. He also happened to be a good friend of my mother-in-law's brother, and Mr. Connors lived in the mountains just east of where I grew-up. I have the entire 'Combat!' series on video, and am working on getting all of 'Then Came Bronson', 'Banacek', and the 'Rat Patrol' as well. :)
"Combat" is the Balls...

I, too have the entire series on DVD. I love it when Sgt Saunders (finally) chews out someone who's f**king up, usually Kirby.

LJB:D

Yes, I'm turning 50 Years Old on 26 January.

#23 · (Edited)
49. Been waiting a long time for MOPAR to get back in the game. The design team have done an outstanding job of continuing the legend!!! Bravo!!!

Couple of suggestions:
1. Offer an optional rear spoiler
2. Bring back the origional Pistol Grip shifter handle (slightly updated) in polished stainless steel with carbon fiber grips.
3. The "Challenger" badges on the side of the rear quarter panels don't work, they look awkard.
4. Definately offer a 500 HP engine option to compete with the new SVT Shelby GT500
5. Hurry up and build it so I can have one!!!

#25 ·
35 and waiting for the return of an Era I was too young
to be a part of. Muscle Cars!! Build it now!! The Challenger
concept is built on a chopped LX frame.
Come on DCX, Don't make us wait!!!!

#26 ·
39 going on 23 :cool:

they must build this car is all I have to say............... we mopar faithful have been waiting far too long for the big M to give us what we desire :mad:

I luv my srt-4 and I can gaurantee I'll give a few challengers a run for their money out on the streets and at the track before I actually have my own challenger keys in hand :D ........

what I luv about the srt-4 is that it's just a beast to drive and truely does provide that old school mopar muscle kick in the ass feeling ....the biggest problem, wrong wheel drive <---- this does; however, appeal to the competetive type.......for you old school types, if you've never tried, coming off the line with anything in the neighborhood of 300(front)whp, then just trust me when I say you may as well be jumping on that un rideable bull thats tossed the greatest of riders.............that said, once you tame the beast and become one with her rythem, theres just something wonderful about keeping your potential victom within a car so that once you bang 2nd, if his doesn't have deep lungs to back up the launch, the overtaking takes place..............as does the inset of his confusion as to what just happend, wtf is that thing :confused: is the general look that follows, and that's even more glorious a feeling when it's them that initiated the encounter :D

.... either way you slice it, theres just no replacement for the feeling of hauling out of the hole in a muscle car and just the entire feeling that surrounds you when your even just leasurely cruising around totally immursed in the beauty of the sun on that crisp spring/summer day while the road smiles as you drop a gear and grab a few more on the way up until you've realized that perhaps it's time to ease off that throttle ;)

Bring it mopar :D I was glad you gave me a giant slayer in the srt-4 that fully accomidates my daily driving requirements ........... but it's just not a muscle car and that is what I need :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.