Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 PCV question (related to catch can installation)..........

11K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  MYFIRSTMOPAR 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,

We recently received our SRT392 Challenger and I have a catch can for it.

I was wondering how do I get the solid plastic line that connects the PCV valve (rear section of the intake) to the front piece that goes into the intake itself off without breaking it?

I've tried a small screwdriver to try and pry it off and was going to try a set of needle nosed pliers next, but thought that with all of the catch cans that have been installed here, someone might know a better and easier way.

Thanks for your help in advance! :cheers:

#6 ·
Thanks for the help Guys! :cheers:

I ended up getting it off by using the screwdriver to loosen up the seal and then a pair of channel locks to pull it off. I found that the pliers gave me a better grip so that I could apply even pressure as I pulled it.

#17 · (Edited)
Reactions: FreddyG
#8 · (Edited)
You're not playing dummy! A smart person asks questions because nobody knows everything.

It gets connected between the PCV and the intake to catch the oil blow-by from the engine that would normally end up in the intake and possibly cause problems there. You'd just check it when you change the oil or whenever you wanted to. Whether you need one is entirely up to you, but being new to Mopar's I thought that if the majority of people use them, then they know these cars better than me

There are quite a few threads that can explain it better than I just did, but that's the general idea.

#11 ·
CV Direction

What direction is the air and vapor flowing through the PCV system on the 2015 392? I just installed my new catch can and I am not 100% sure of the direction. I want to make sure I have the internal parts of the can setup for the proper flow.

#12 ·
What direction is the air and vapor flowing through the PCV system on the 2015 392? I just installed my new catch can and I am not 100% sure of the direction. I want to make sure I have the internal parts of the can setup for the proper flow.
It flows out of the pcv and then through the catch can and then into the intake manifold.

I hope that this helped. :cheers:

#13 ·
That helps. I had it backwards, but all is right now

#15 ·
Finished installation yesterday

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.