Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Any 2015 owners with Super Track Pak?? Impressions!?

57K views 55 replies 29 participants last post by  BryceDvd 
#1 ·
Who has the STP on the 15, whether it's rt or SXT chime in! Can you provide a detailed review of ride and handling? Any discomfort? Too clunky? Smooth?

#4 · (Edited)
I have a Scat Pack so it comes with the "ultra high suspension" or whatever they tagged it as. It's a better than the STP but not as good as the SRTs.

Anyway, I took it around a curve that was marked for 45 mph, at 80mph in sport mode and it gripped the road very well and felt like it was on rails. Granted I also had my 295 Michelin's in the back that were making sure it was planted.

Probably doesn't give you the exact answer you want cause it's not exactly stock anymore and it's better than the STP although technically it's still an R/T...

EDIT: it felt pretty smooth to me actually. Even better with the rear tires put on. Wasn't harsh going over bumps or anything. Feels nice.

#6 ·
I have a Scat Pack so it comes with the "ultra high suspension" or whatever they tagged it as. It's a better than the STP but not as good as the SRTs.

Anyway, I took it around a curve that was marked for 45 mph, at 80mph in sport mode and it gripped the road very well and felt like it was on rails. Granted I also had my 295 Michelin's in the back that were making sure it was planted.

Probably doesn't give you the exact answer you want cause it's not exactly stock anymore and it's better than the STP although technically it's still an R/T...

EDIT: it felt pretty smooth to me actually. Even better with the rear tires put on. Wasn't harsh going over bumps or anything. Feels nice.

Impressive! Besides the handling perspective how is the quality of ride over rough terrain and uneven pavement/potholes? Is it jarring or does the STP soak up bumps nicely?

#8 ·
I'll be tracking one down tonight to test drive; will chime in if I can find one.

#12 · (Edited)
I have Super Track Pak on an SXT PLUS. Feels a little stiff in a great way. Steering feels connected as opposed to feeling like you're steering a waterbed down the road. Suspension feels planted. Minimal body roll.
I like it. Also, the looks are great with the Hyperblack 20in wheels and the lowered stance. I like the Hyperblacks a lot more than the Chrome 20's on the base models. BTW - the Hyperblacks aren't actually black color. They're like a gunmental sort of finish.

The ride is definitely not harsh, but you're not riding on a cloud either. It's definitely a connected feel.

The TRACK PAK button on the center stack is cool. Also, the SPORT mode button in the center stack is awesome. I have to say - sport mode is pretty cool on this V6. I know it's no RT, but it's definitely smile inducing.

NOTE: I don't have any significant time in a NON track pak model for comparison - so take my statements with a grain of salt.

#15 ·
I've got about 70 miles on my new Challenger already (picked it up last night, 45 mile drive home plus driving to work and back today) and I have to say it's pretty great. More than great actually, but that would pretty much be anything after my super base model '11 Impala. I'm so glad I went for the STP, the ride is pretty firm but yet it's not terrible driving on inner city roads or over railroad tracks, etc.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any good testing in as it's been raining like crazy the past day and a half, hopefully I'll be able to open it up more once some of this rain dries up. Sport mode does seem to make a somewhat noticeable difference and even in the rain the car has handled itself very well.

Reactions: torred 3.5
#16 ·
Well it depends what you prefer. It's harsh over bumby roads, but not too harsh. My parents think it's too harsh, but they're both almost 70 so they prefer smooth rides. It's rougher than my last car (Volvo C30), but it handles great. I think you must try it before to see if you like it. I do.

#17 ·
Haven't played around with all the settings, but the stock settings felt pretty good to me. The turning was a bit tighter and the breaking was harder than my Scion, but it only took a a quick test drive to get used to it.

Any of you guys that don't have yours yet, or are unsure about getting it, feel free to ask me any questions. I'll try to answer you the best I can.

#18 ·
Picked up a '15 rt this weekend with the super track pack. The wheels are gorgeous and the spoiler is bigger(the main reason I wanted it) but as far as the ride quality goes, totally freakin awesome! I feel like the car is glued to the road, which says a lot seeing as how big this thing is. Awesome handling and very comfortable, sporty ride. Completely different from my '12 sxt.

#23 ·
The SXT with 18's and the 2.62 will get better mileage than the same car with 20's and 3.07's but probably only a mpg or two. The difference is just as much due to the increase in rotational mass and resistance as to the increase in rpms so really nothing you can do about it if you want 20's.

#27 ·
Got my 15 rt with stp, mainly for the wheels but the ride and handling should have been my first choice. Didn't want the 3 season tires, so bought a/s. Getting ready to snow in ABQ tonite. You couldn't put all the upgrades on for $700. Btw, each hyper black runs $700 @ the dealer.

#28 · (Edited)
I'm ready to pull the trigger and down to deciding on the STP option. Like you I'm interested in the wheels and lower stance. I just don't want to give up any ride quality over bad pavement though. I live in central Indiana and we have lots of bad roads. Had an 05 GTO several years ago and that was one rough ride....don't want to go back to that. Test drove both an SXT with and without STP. Initially the STP felt a little bouncy but I think it was due to the performance tires and once they warmed up the ride seemed as compliant (maybe better) than the non-STP car. I'm leaning towards the STP option at this point and think I might go with an All season tire set up.

#32 ·
When you order STP on the 15 R/T you get the Goodyear Summer F1's standard, but you can check the All Season Performance Tires box and get the Goodyear RSA-2's in their place for no extra cost.

#37 ·
New SXT with Track Pack

I just picked up my SXT with the Track Pack, absolutely love it. Everywhere I go people staring at my car :)... Full disclosure I had a 2008 Charger R/T with the track or black package they had, 2012 Charger SXT with Blacktop package, and now this. I love black cars with black/dark rims. This model is so hot, really enjoying it.

As far as the ride goes, I think it's quieter surrounding noise wise. The engine seems louder but the wind and road is definitely quieter than the '12 charger. I am feeling more bumps, but I'm driving a sports coupe not a family vehicle.

#38 ·
Dealer is trading for my scat pack, which should be here in the next day or so. In the meantime, my dealer has given me a 15 SXT with STP to drive around for free until it arrives. To me, the STP SXT feels cushy. However, my last RT was not a STP. I eventually got mopar stage 1s and a strut tower brace. This made my RT feel pretty firm, which I enjoyed. I like the stance of the STP, but it's not as firm as I had been hoping for. Regardless, I wouldn't buy a SXT or a RT without it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: dragons layer
#39 ·
super track pack

I have one... 2015 STP in Phantom Black. It is a monster. it rides like a dream but when I took it to the track the first time it amazed me on the performance, cornering and braking. It also has all the tricked out computer stuff with the 0 to 60 times, 1/8 1/4 and lap timers. The launch control is perfect, the 6 speed manual is precise and solid (I was spinning em shifting into 4th in a corner). It is way more than I expected when I bought it and I expected a lot! If you have any specific questions I can answer them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.