Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Has anyone else named their Challenger..................

22K views 133 replies 97 participants last post by  Jeekree 
#1 ·
My wife and I are just curious if we're the only ones that have given our car a name.

If you named your Challenger, what name have you given her or him (I know that a car is an inanimate object, but I call it a her because it/she is part of our family now. Just thought that I'd point that out to limit peeps from thinking that I'm Crazier than I actually am. :grin2:).

Ours is Ruby (actually my wife calls her Fat Ruby). My wife gave her the name because the Challenger is a Big car that has some weight to it and we got the Ruby/Black interior.

Hence the name Fat Ruby, but just Ruby works too! :cheers:

#6 ·
Good names for black and white cars! :icon_cheers:

My buddy that names all his cars named the new car The Raven.
It must be a black car, right?

There is a "what did you name your Challenger", or whatever, thread if. Can probably be found by using the search.
Sorry! I got excited about our car and didn't even think about the search! :icon_cheers:

money pit
Great name! I had a couple of those and can relate! :icon_cheers:

I promised my wife and have learned enough to not do that again!

#7 ·
Mine is..... Yetta Arrive....
Sorry after having a few beers

#10 ·
I know this won't replace your car, but the car is Definitely worth the wait!

Keep calling SRT Chat and hopefully you'll talk to Jeff. If you do, then ask him if he can send you updates when your car moves through the build process. He told me our car was at the dealership before the dealer called us. He's on the ball that much!

I was in the same boat and she couldn't get here soon enough, but when we first got to the dealership and saw our car sitting there, I was pretty much at a loss for words!

I just walked around the car and my wife said that I just smiled alot.

As far as the beers, Please Have one on me! :cheers:

Named mine "chewy" because the exhaust sounds like a wookie orgasm!
Go Chewy Go! :smile:

black and the red stripes are laying across my dining room table.
You can tell your wife that they are the newest style in place mats! :grin2:

#45 ·
I hear ya...

I call mine "the silver car" for now since I also have "the green car", "the convertible", "the van" and "the truck". When I sell "the green car", the Challenger will just be called "the car".

Sometimes I do call it "babe" (as in C'mon babe, let's get some gas)...

#15 · (Edited)
When we first test drove a Challenger, my wife mentioned that the large wide hood reminded her of our 62 Chrysler 300 we had when we were dating back the the late 60s, early 70s. (Wish I had that car now!!!) We had nick-named that 62 Chrysler, "Mongoose" after Donovan's song 'Riki Tiki Tavi, (Mongooe is Gone)' which was a favorite of ours.

So now, our new SRT has been christened the new "Mongoose". I already have special decals make up for the engine bay and a small decal in the trunk with the name. We started out our life together in a Mongoose and it looks like now we'll be ending in one as well. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Reactions: Trickster729
#28 ·
I named mine Adam after I found out my car was the 45th car Petty's Garage ever built. I felt it was the best way to honor the late Adam Petty.

#29 ·
My car's name is GoMachine. Spelled just like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.