How do you disable weather alerts on a 2015? - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

2015 Challenger Information & Discussions This area is for general conversations about the 2015 Challengers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanked 1,049 Times in 624 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
How do you disable weather alerts on a 2015?

I'm about to drive a screwdriver through the display if this stupid popup comes up one more time. Every time I start the car, I get this same message. I've gone through every settings menu I can find including the weather map and weather app and I can find no settings to turn off weather alerts. Does anyone know how to turn these stupid things off? I even tried to figure out a way to remove the one favorite location I set but I see no delete; only "add". Tried long holding. Even downloaded the Uconnect PDF manual. I don't see anything about disabling these notifications.

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	weather.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	197.4 KB
ID:	296842  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 06:41 PM

Garage
Don't know for sure, but my guess is you would have to contact XM/Sirius radio and have XM Weather removed from your subscription. I think you get it free for 3 or 6 months with your purchase and it comes as the full package with weather and traffic.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damule56 View Post
Don't know for sure, but my guess is you would have to contact XM/Sirius radio and have XM Weather removed from your subscription. I think you get it free for 3 or 6 months with your purchase and it comes as the full package with weather and traffic.
That'd be awful if you have to take all weather off your subscription just to get rid of the weather alert nag messages. The forecast and radar on the map are actually useful. The flood warning is actually stuck there. There is no flood warning here. Been sunny for 3 days. But it won't go away.

Mike

Last edited by mikeychallenger; 10-09-2014 at 06:56 PM.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 07:03 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeychallenger View Post
That'd be awful if you have to take all weather off your subscription just to get rid of the weather alert nag messages. The forecast and radar on the map are actually useful. The flood warning is actually stuck there. There is no flood warning here. Been sunny for 3 days. But it won't go away.

Mike
Uh oh! Time to build a boat and get some animals together!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 Challenger SRT 392
B5 Blue, Auto-8, Sunroof, Tech Pkg, Nav, QTP Cut-Outs, Mopar CAI, Billet Catch Can
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 07:05 PM

I didn't even know the car told me the weather report. I'll have to look for that.

Have you tried resetting the radio back to factory default yet? I had to do that for another reason on mine and it obliterated everything. Had to recalibrate NAV etc. If all else fails - you can do a reset and just hope you reset away the problem. Push HOT and COLD hard buttons on the center stack at the same time. Engineering menu will come up. One of the options is 'RESET to FACTORY DEFAULT' or something like that.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1esotericguy View Post
I didn't even know the car told me the weather report. I'll have to look for that.

Have you tried resetting the radio back to factory default yet? I had to do that for another reason on mine and it obliterated everything. Had to recalibrate NAV etc. If all else fails - you can do a reset and just hope you reset away the problem. Push HOT and COLD hard buttons on the center stack at the same time. Engineering menu will come up. One of the options is 'RESET to FACTORY DEFAULT' or something like that.
Thanks. That's a good idea but I did do that already. Didn't change anything. It reset all the presets but not the weather location and the warning still displays every start up.

Mike
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Still doing it. Maybe I'll try just overwriting my location with another one that gets fewer weather alerts. Someplace like Asheville, NC or something. They really need an upgrade that has a checkbox for "enable weather alerts"!

Mike
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 09:27 AM

did you subscribe to u connect? I know its free for 6 months. Just wondering if its in there

2015 SRT Challenger
6speed
graphite no stripe
Black/Ruby seats
8.4 AN, tech group
2006 Charger SRT SOLD
1970 GTO , not for sale
2010 Hoe.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 10:19 AM

Waiting to see pics of the screwdriver through the display.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-10-2014, 10:25 AM

I found a delete button related to weather favorites. Maybe this will help

Follow this to button:
APPS>>Travel Link>>Favorites>>(see picture) Garbage Can Icon

Last edited by 1esotericguy; 10-10-2014 at 10:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to 1esotericguy For This Useful Post:
mikeychallenger (10-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > 2015 Challenger Information & Discussions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode