Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New Member/Need Info

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Superwes98 
#1 ·
Hey guys, new members here. :thumbsup: I'm Wes and my girl is Cassie.
Love the forum setup. Its the exact same setup as LightningRodder lol.

Well my girl has a 2015 challenger sxt auto and we are looking into doing some things to it.
So we are looking at getting a srt exhaust with a blastin bobs glasspack res delete, already put a cai on, putting the STP suspension on with some lowering springs, and getting a tuner. Also looking into getting the oem mopar fog light kit.
Our question is, why does the pcm need to be flashed when installing fog lights and getting a tuner? And are there any ways/tricks around doing that without voiding the warranty?

Thank you for the help
:thumbsup:

#2 ·
I'm not sure about why it needs to be flashed for fog lights, but for the tuner a new PCM or a "cracked" PCM is required because Dodge has locked them for the 2015+ model years. Most people buy an additional cracked PCM and the tuner and then keep the spare PCM if they need to return the car to stock for a dealer visit.

Be mindful of the exhaust size you use on a 3.6, The SRT exhaust for 2015 is 2.75" in diameter which is necessary since the motor pulls close to 500 horsepower. This would be oversized for the output of the V6 and potentially cause a loss of power due to inefficient scavenging of the exhaust gasses. We have some very experienced and knowledgeable 3.6 owners on Challenger Talk that will be able to offer you better guidance as to how effective the canned tunes are and what the right choices would be for a great exhaust sound while maintaining the performance of the engine. There's an article here that will give you general knowledge of exhaust principles and how to size the exhaust correctly based on power output.

How To Calculate Muffler Size and Exhaust Pipe Diameter - Exhaust Videos | Exhaust Videos

Congrats on the SXT and welcome to Challenger Talk. That's a great ride.

Reactions: Superwes98
#3 ·
Since you don't have fog lights the pcm is programmed for not having them. When you add them it has to be flashed to "turn on" that feature. Dealer can do it but will most likely charge. If you get a Tazer however that allows you to flash it yourself along with some other features. There's a topic here on that. I'm also looking into doing the Hellcat CAI and tuner on mine. Diablo sells both a tuner and cracked PCM.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Thanks guys.
Do you guys know how much and where I can get this "Tazer"?
Or how much the dealer might charger? Because I was looking at Diablo and their price was WAAAAY too much to justify buying for maybe 15whp, if that.

Also the exhaust we are looking at is from a 2014 R/T, not SRT. That was a mistype.
So those came with the 2.5" exhaust, right?

#6 ·
+1 for what Phantomblack stated above. Also of note, the 3.6l have been noted as sounding a bit "tinny" with the reso delete.
Tazers can be purchased here >http://www.zautotech.com<
but they are not $500 (??)..they run around half that..
Hemi4us

Reactions: Superwes98
#7 ·
Thanks for the link.

Yea, we've sat for hours listening/watching videos of exhaust for her car. That's why I figured we'd get the setup, if its the 2.5" like I thought, with the res delete and keep hers so we have a total of 4 different setups to play with all for $150. Including her stock exhaust that is.
Worst case she doesn't like it and we save and get her the SOLO setup AFTER we have bought everything else, including that fancy TAZER. And then resell they Blastin Bob's setup. :thumbsup:

Trying to look at all angles :nerd:

#9 ·
Yea I JUST searched on about the TAZER and from what I've read I think its perfect for her. Until she gets bord, then hopefully the tuners are a little cheaper and readily available. Plus it looks like alot of fun, especially the line lock >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.