Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The rarest Challenger model of 2015

40K views 148 replies 64 participants last post by  kossuth 
#1 ·
The SRT 392 is the rarest (least ordered) Challenger on the road.

Is it because the Hellcat and Scat Pack are squeezing out SRT sales? Is the SRT 392 loosing it's place/purpose in the lineup? Or is it even a bad thing?

#3 ·
people either have the money to go big or they go for bang for the buck ....SRT8 is over priced or simply just not needed ...or both ..leather ride control and 6 piston to 4 piston brembos are just not enough to spend 6-8grand more on !!

Reactions: FullThrottle64
#18 · (Edited)
Especially if you load up a ScatPack - then the difference is negligible because you get so much more with the SRT. I wanted a car that does it all; Sports car, luxo cruiser and the SRT does that - yes, better than a SP IMO.
Heck, the improved ride alone is worth the price of admission.

#7 ·
There is a lot of green between $37k and $70k. I fall into that category, Can't afford a Hellcat and want more than a Scat pack. Then add a few goodies :naughty:

Reactions: RickLB and Max57
#10 ·
Just get what makes you happy. I wanted the leather along with ALL the extras and once you add that to the Scats...it's real close to a SRT. P lus you get 6 piston Brembos and the suspension, etc. I also wanted the more exclusive SRT. Anybody and everybody has a lessor car...just kidding guys ( and gals)!

#11 ·
actually my scatpack is pretty loaded up i got 2k off from dodge 1000 off lease loyalty and 2500 x plan or supplier discount and tax saving from trade in and 25000 dollar check back from remainder of trade in with 3 k down...so i payed 39k minus 3k down otd for a 47k car ..brembo 6 pistons stopped 6 ft shorter in tests not worth it the 1000 watt 19 speaker sound system is garbage to me not worth it ...the ride control is cool but unnecessary ..leather ehh could take it or leave it ...8speed is faster but thats preference so it doesn't matter ...the shaker hood is a nice feature and thats not an srt option i don't believe !!!...with the coin i saved i can make it an srt killer with real suspension air ride ..and killer stereo system ..listen in the end its all opinion so buy what you like !!

#57 ·
I would think the SHAKER SCAT PACK would have another 20 horsepower pushing it to 505. Can anyone confirm that?
Haha. Amazing. I'll just connect my SRT hood to the intake or get a shaker and squeeze another 20 ponies out of the 392.

Sorry, but it's purely a cosmetic addon. Don't misunderstand though, I love the look, and I'm toying up options to fit this to my SRT.. but to think it brings extra HP will leave you sad later on ;-)

#13 ·
I love my SRT. I could not afford to get the Hellcat with the markup. The SRT's extra features are great. I love the suspension & brakes. Also the bigger wheels are extremely nice. For the money it was a no brainer for me. I wanted a daily driver with comfort that I could take on a 1000mile trip and not be beat up at the end of it but also wanted the performance when needed or wanted. I will be taking mine to the track and have fun with it. It handles amazing. Sure the stereo could be better but for what you get in the SRT package overall I am very happy. I did not get full leather, I have the leather and suede interior and I love the heated and cooled seats along with the heated steering wheel. Just a great package over all. Sure if I was only going to be drag racing I would have gone with the Scat Pack, but that is why they make different models, a different ass for every seat.

#15 · (Edited)
I think the scat pack shaker is by far the rarest model. It's got the most horsepower before the hellcat due to the CAI and was only available after March this year. This whole discussion is invalid. The SRT 392 is a very respectable model as is the scat pack. No need to say what's better or more valuable. Do you have any proof substantiating your claim or are you just guessing, OP?

#16 ·
I looked at the Scat pack and a salesman tried that bang for the buck and I told him I want an SRT and nothing else.The first thing that would cost me money was to get rid of the 245 tires and go to a 275.I have 3 different suspension modes and the same amount of drive modes.

I love my SRT and very happy with the money spent for it.I could have been cheap and purchased a Scat pack but that is not what I wanted.Though the internals on the Hell cat were upgraded to handle the super charger I did not feel the need for 707 HP where the hell would I use it at.I dont drag or track and I am doing good not to have been pulled over yet with only 485HP.

Reactions: Max57
#19 ·
The SRT doesn't really offer a ton more than the SP. 6 Pistons as opposed to 4, and the adjustable suspension that's about it unless I'm missing something. It all comes down to preference. I've ridden in SRTs and I can't tell a difference between my SPA. but my car came out to 52k after taxes which is right on par with an SRT. to each his own. I just wanted the shaker- one thing the SRT doesn't offer.

#20 ·
I was all set to go with the Scat Pak after just hearing that 392 fire up. But I did notice how harsh the ride was when encountering road imperfections. I had the opportunity of going directly from the Scat into an SRT and within 500 feet, I noticed how much more refined the ride was (suspension set to 'Street').

I'm also older and comfort is a top priority for me! The difference between the Scat how I had it optioned and the SRT was just under $2,000.00 so it was a no-brainer for me. Love my SRT and very happy I went with that model! :thumbsup:

#30 ·
I have a loaded up shaker scat pack,it was about 2 grand less than the SRT that was on the lot at the dealership,but I liked the shaker hood better. So I'm hoping the shaker scat pack is the rarest challenger.
That really looks great. I would think for 15 model year those would have the fewest numbers sold.

Reactions: jjnelson
#23 ·
Standard Features on my 392

- 15.4" front rotors with 6 piston Brembo Calipers Exact same brakes as Hellcat (not available on SP)

- 20 x 9.5 " wheels with 275/40/20 Pirelli tires. Exact same as Hellcat ( not available on SP)

- 3 mode adjustable suspension including street, sport and track. Exact same as Hellcat ( not available on SP)

- 900watt 18 speaker Harmon Kardon stereo. Exact same as Hellcat ( was not available on SP when I ordered mine but I believe it's an option now)

- ram air viper style hood. Similar to Hellcat. (Not available on SP)

When I priced out a loaded SP and compared it to a Standard SRT 392 I came within $1000 difference.

The only way the Scatpack is a bargain is if you put little to no options on it. Otherwise just the bigger brakes alone on the 392 make up more than the small price difference between a loaded SP and. Base 392.

By the way I love all Challengers and mean no offence to anyone with a Scat. Just explaining my thought process.

#50 · (Edited)
The only way the Scatpack is a bargain is if you put little to no options on it. Otherwise just the bigger brakes alone on the 392 make up more than the small price difference between a loaded SP and. Base 392.
I had no interest in the SRT upgrades over the Scat Pack and only opted for the Leather group and drivers convenience group. I paid $39,7xx. If thats not bang for the buck, i dont know what is. No wonder the scat pack is not the rarest model.

Hang on a second here. So you are telling me that if you had a chance to buy a Hellcat you would buy the Scatpack instead:what: I agree that the Scatpack may be the best bang for the buck and its a great car but come on now the Hellcat is wayyyyyyyy better than the Scatpack in absolutely every way. I would like to think that eveyone would opt in for the Hellcat if money was no issue and availability was not scarce. ;)
Daily Driver? :wink3:

#25 ·
As far as rarity goes, I would think a Hellcat with the sunroof option (reportedly available now) would have to be the rarest Challenger for 2015.

#28 · (Edited)
No, not option combinations. Choice are:

SXT
SXT PLUS
R/T
R/T PLUS
R/T SHAKER
R/T PLUS SHAKER
R/T SCAT PACK
392 HEMI SCAT PACK SHAKER
SRT 392
SRT HELLCAT

Scat sold 3 times more than SRT 392, and Hellcat sold twice as many as SRT 392 (and could have sold more!). Someone posted numbers in a recent post in last few days.

#39 ·
I went a drove the A8 recently. It is a nice transmission. I bought the car to have fun in. I only drive it for fun now. I still would not choose the A8.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#53 ·
Hey im in Enfield ? Glad to see a fellow Challenger locally

Reactions: Scat Pack Shaker
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.