Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Wait for 2017 ? Or go for the 16?

4K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  MEKrunner 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm new to the whole Forum thing and I hope this hasn't been brought up already so I don't get beat up to bad. I'm having a dilemma on sticking with the 2016 Challenger SRT 392 M6 I put a down payment on, or waiting for the 2017s. My deployment got extended a month so now here I am 2 months into waiting to get the car and a month later after purchase they might change everything on the 17s. The dealership is extremely patient and amazing to work with. Does anyone have inside leaks of any kind? I saw the post about someone who worked for Dodge saying the line won't be shut down for more than 2 weeks. Its hard to find any info on the 16s.

Is there anything I should look for in the 16 before taking it home? I'm still torn between the M6 and the Atuo8 but I hated my TA WS6 that was an auto.

#13 ·
Probably not, a few options have gone up a little but base prices still about the same from 15 to 16 (SRT excluded), think Scat Pack is still the same price from mid-15.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

#11 ·
I bought my 15 about this time last year. I could have waited a short time for the 16's to arrive but I had a great summer enjoying my car.
Dont wait, enjoy it now!

#12 · (Edited)
Go 2016. I was able to get mine for about 4k under sticker about 3 weeks ago. Like others said enjoy it now. There is always that what if question in the back of the head and it never seems to go away...

#19 ·
Thank you for your service! What sort of deployment are you referring too? short, long, OCONUS, NTC, etc...?

I am in a similar boat, debating on buying now and enjoying this summer/fall. Really, the only thing holding me back is waiting for new impact colors in 2017. I'm holding out for a GREEN SPS. I suspect pricing won't be much different 2016 or 2017.

If you do wait, you're looking at Oct/Nov/Dec for 2017's to come in.

As for M6 or A8, I really like rowing gears, but I'm old and the NoVA commute is generally a bloody parking lot, so I'm going for the A8.

Good luck to you.

:guiness:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.