RT Scat Pack Stage 1 performance Package - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

2015 to Current R/T & RT Plus Specific This area is for vehicle specific information about the 2015 and beyond R/T and the R/T Plus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
RT Scat Pack Stage 1 performance Package

I am contemplating getting the Scat pack performance package, Scat Pack 1, for my Shaker Plus. which includes a cold air kit, cat-back exhaust and recalibrated powertrain control module.
I already did the exhaust. I am asking MOPAR if I can buy the cold air kit, the recalibrated power train control module and the scat pack decals separate.
Has anyone installed this performance upgrade and if so was there a difference?????

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

El Paso Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 07:28 PM

Garage
The kit for the Shaker doesn't include the CAI, as I believe it already comes from the factory with one. I had the kit on my R/T, and I wasn't impressed with the exhaust. It was better, but not what I expected. I was contemplating a rear muffler delete, but ended up trading the car in. I thought Luke from Steve White Motors posted that the PCM was available separately, and I've seen the emblems on his website, and if you just Googled them. Kit also includes an SRT oil filter, which will require you to run full synthetic. I didn't notice a difference in performance with daily driving, but I'm sure those emblems added some horsepower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
[QUOTE=GunnerSmith;6535793]The kit for the Shaker doesn't include the CAI, as I believe it already comes from the factory with one. I had the kit on my R/T, and I wasn't impressed with the exhaust. It was better, but not what I expected. I was contemplating a rear muffler delete, but ended up trading the car in. I thought Luke from Steve White Motors posted that the PCM was available separately, and I've seen the emblems on his website, and if you just Googled them. Kit also includes an SRT oil filter, which will require you to run full synthetic. I didn't notice a difference in performance with daily driving, but I'm sure those emblems added some horsepower!

You may be right, the shaker setup is 300 cheaper. I actually want the MOPAR PCM because I don't want any warranty issues later. I am happy with the MOPAR cat back exhaust that I already installed . Thanks for the feedback. May just leave it alone. It's plenty fast as is, Also, I wouldn't apply scat pack decals unless I had a scat pack. But I want them if I pay for them in the kit. I'm trying to by the kit minus the exhaust and still get the kit price. The decal will look cool on my rolling tool box
Thanks again

Last edited by ElPasoBob; 04-19-2016 at 08:23 PM.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 PM

I've tried to get the same Mopar PCM part number myself. When I bought my Challenger the kit wasn't available so I bought the parts separately. I thought Luke said they sold the PCM separately too. I am unable to get the part number from anybody, except the Steve White Motors part number for it. I didn't see the separate PCM part number in the catalog either, just the stage 1 kit part number. Let me know if you find it....
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:11 PM

Garage
If you have the CAI, and Mopar performance exhaust, then you actually have the kit, minus the PCM. Luke says they're available. I'd look into it and put the bees on the windows. It's more in keeping with the heritage of the '71's. They're smaller than the Scat Pack fender emblems, and just down right cool looking. They're the only ones that I've found that are left/right appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 PM

You dont need the "package", you already have the shaker system, so no other CAI intake is needed nor will work for you.
Exhaust can be done on its own as a stand alone mod and far cheaper, as well as more to your individual liking.
The pre-tuned pcm is a great alternative to the full unlocked diablo unit, but will require a (dealer only) program update/flash (not sure, but doubt, that this trip/dealer service is included in the price..so thats something to ponder)
The new pre-tuned PCM is all you need if this is the route you want to go, you'll waste money on the entire package, 1/3rd of which you cant even use. The stand alone pre-tuned PCM is here

>>http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/steve-white-catalog/11-15-challenger-charger-300-tuned-pcm/swmscatpack/?parent=1004<<

Hemi4us

2015 Mods:
Hellcat Intake w/ AEM hi-flow filter.
GenPartsCo-USA D.I.P.S. air catcher screens.
Axis Model II's.
Firestone Indy 275/40/20
Rolling Thunder Reso delete.
Exteremevinyls Side and Tail Light Tints.
GPC Trunk Pull Handle.
Spare/Jack/Foam Delete.
GPC Phantoms.
Mopar O.E. Black Fuel Door.
Hellcat OE. ABS Cover.
Mopar Stage 1 kit.
Rear Seat Delete.
2014 Dodge Viper Seats.
Custom Fire Extinguisher & Mount.
DiabloSport/UL-PCM
The Following User Says Thank You to hemi4us For This Useful Post:
ElPasoBob (04-19-2016)
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 09:23 PM

Garage
The Following User Says Thank You to GunnerSmith For This Useful Post:
ElPasoBob (04-19-2016)
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-22-2016, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
So since I already put the MOPAR Cat Back Exhaust on when I bought the car, and I did not want an aftermarket PCM to avoid warranty issues.
The parts guy at the dodge dealer was able to order the factory PCM, a aluminum cold air intake tube(s) for the shaker and the scat pack stage 1 decals separate to complete the stage 1 performance upgrade kit.
The dealer will install and flash the PCM and subsequently will not affect any warranties on the vehicle and will throw on the tubes for free
Problem solved. Scat Pack Performence upgrade stage 1, will be complete
I'm done, not doing stage 2 or 3.
Easier to just buy a Scat Pack if I want that
The Following User Says Thank You to ElPasoBob For This Useful Post:
29Clear (04-23-2016)
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPasoBob View Post
So since I already put the MOPAR Cat Back Exhaust on when I bought the car, and I did not want an aftermarket PCM to avoid warranty issues.
The parts guy at the dodge dealer was able to order the factory PCM, a aluminum cold air intake tube(s) for the shaker and the scat pack stage 1 decals separate to complete the stage 1 performance upgrade kit.
The dealer will install and flash the PCM and subsequently will not affect any warranties on the vehicle and will throw on the tubes for free
Thanks for the PM mister.... Finally Mopar part numbers!
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 04-23-2016, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPasoBob View Post
Very interested to know if you feel it's worth it, Bob.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific > 2015 to Current R/T & RT Plus Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode