Shaker Stripes: KEEP or Remove? What say You? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

2015-? R/T & RT Plus Specific This area is for vehicle specific information about the 2015 R/T and the R/T Plus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Like.Exactly what I would do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 05:15 PM

Garage
I love the Shaker stripes, especially on bright colors such as Sublime. They did clash with the side stripes on your car, you are best with one or the other, your preference. The side stripes by themselves are classic Challenger.

BlueBelle
Purchased July 18, 2015
SRT 392, B5, 6M, Black Laguna leather, Sunroof, Technology Group, Navigation, P Zero Summer Tires
Barton Shifter, B5 blue lettering on both black lever and white knob.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Save
Save
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:42 PM

Hi,
How hard was it to remove the stripes? and did you have any adhesive to remove from the paint?

Thanks

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronmc1 View Post
Hi,
How hard was it to remove the stripes? and did you have any adhesive to remove from the paint?

Thanks
The large stripes came off easy after being parked in the Texas sun for about an hour, there were some glue stripes left that came off easy with some goo remover then a good carnuba wax. The decal under the Shaker ring was a *****, I used a plastic pry trim tool to raise the ring (not to much or it will break) and plastic tweezers to get hold of the edge of the vinyl and pulled slowly on the vinyl, it tears and you repeat The process . But I took my time, did it right, not a scratch.
It's just too hot here in west Texas for that much vinyl that wide on the hood, roof and trunk

El Paso Bob
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LETSJET View Post
I like both of them but I think the first photo with the Shaker stripes looks best, zebra comes to mind. I like the Shaker stripes but I'm biased. I'd like to see a body colored shaker scoop and no stripes on a Shaker.
I like EP Bob's better without the stripes, but I'm with you on our stripes. Mine are staying as long as they last, and maybe by then I'll have a paint scheme I like to replace them with; probably the same stripes maybe in a different color, just not with vinyl. All I know right now is that after 2 years of the sun here they still look like new!

Somewhere in the Sonora Desert...
2014 R/T Shaker M6 w/JBA long tubes and exhaust, Weapon-X racing coils, Fastman throttle body, API fuel hat, HHP custom tune and ...

Member:

Join us in the Shaker social forum here:
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

None 4 me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPasoBob View Post
Here are the before and after pictures on my shaker, got a wild hair, parked it in the sun and peeled off the stripes. kept the stripes around the Shaker like Hal did.
I like it. too Hot in West Texas for any excess black anywhere.
Whats your opionion???

Ordered mine with out the stripes, I paid the extra $ 500.00 for the Red Line Red
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0145.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	955.7 KB
ID:	757777   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0098.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	976.4 KB
ID:	757785  
The Following User Says Thank You to 2015SXT For This Useful Post:
Mopar Ernie (01-11-2017)
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 09:20 PM

I always thought the full Shaker stripes looked bad. I was looking at my car after it got dropped off to the dealer on a dealer trade. I had already committed to buying it, they just needed to Dealer Prep it for me to pick up. As I was standing next to my salesman I said more or less just thinking out loud, "Those are really busy stripes, I wonder what it would look like with the two skinniest stripes removed?" He replied with "me too." And proceeded to peal them off right then and there. At first I think I shit a brick - but after he did it, it looked PERFECT! Kind of gives the hood a look of GM Rally stripes - but just 1 wide one, obviously not 2 parallel. No hate mail please over the GM reference! So now I have the wide center one, and the 1 stripe on each side left from front to rear of car. They pealed off in seconds, and left almost zero residue left over to wipe off.
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,244 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by txborn58 View Post
Second pic looks much better. Much cleaner. All those stripes made it look a little busy.

BTW, the car color black and stripes make a killer combination!
I agree. It now looks more like a classic Challenger from 1970-71.

post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,244 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by txborn58 View Post
Second pic looks much better. Much cleaner. All those stripes made it look a little busy.

BTW, the car color black and stripes make a killer combination!
I agree. It now looks more like a classic Challenger from 1970-71.

Besides, those hood and roof stripes would probably only last 3 years being exposed to the hot Texas sun.
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:53 AM

Always a matter of personal preference. I did not like the shaker stripes from day one. I started by removing the outside stripe, then the next, then the last, until the way it sits now with the large middle strip running down the hood, roof, and trunk. My next step is either to run a gloss black stripe down the center of the flat black vinyl, or a darker blue stripe down the center to compliment my B5 blue paint. Not sure which I will do. Going to go to my buddies vinyl shop and compare sample pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific > 2015-? R/T & RT Plus Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode