Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Thank You for the Exhaust Threads

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  maint24hr 
#1 ·
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted concerning exhaust on their Challengers. I have a '15 R/T Plus and just today, with the numerous advice posts, I removed the center mufflers and replaced it with pipe. WOW!! What a big difference that made. I was contemplating on spending lots of money for a new exhaust setup but after hours of reading replies on the subject, I pulled the trigger and had it done. So glad I did and it only costed me $60.

So a BIG THANK YOU to everyone!

Safe Driving Y'all.
:grin2:

#3 ·
Dang... you could buy a welder at Harbor Freight for $99 and spend $20 on the pipe and still get it cheaper than what the shop charged you.

After all these "muffler delete" threads, I think my next move is to try cherry-bombs. Especially since I commute with the thing 60 miles a day.

#4 ·
Do you have an automatic or manual? I'm also thinking about dropping the mufflers, but am worried about drone in my '16 A8. I also don't know if deleting the mufflers will cause me to fail vehicle inspection in Texas...

#7 ·
Where are you in Texas? I am in San Antonio, I just hacked of my mid mufflers. Pretty happy with the sound. Also, I asked a shop if that will cause an inspection problem and he literally laughed at me and said "not even a little"
If you are close and want to hear it, let me know.

2016 RT Plus, STP, SGII, Granite

#8 ·
I looked up Texas inspection laws, and it clearly states you need a muffler. From what I've read on these forums and talking with other folks it doesn't sound like it's hard to find a shop to pass your inspection even without a muffler though. That being said, I'm a rule follower so I just found a muffler shop that would put in a homemade Flowmaster American Thunder kit. They used the stock Xish-Pipe, replaced the mufflers with Flowmaster Super 40's, and replaced the resonantors with straight pipe. It's hard to compare real life sound with videos, so I cannot say whether or not it sounds just like the American Thunder kit, nor can I say if the performance gains are equivalent, but the sound is pretty close and from what I can tell about the kit I bet the performance gains are similar too. The shop did it for $500+tax, labor included. Considering the American Thunder kit is about $700, without labor if you go to a shop, I thought this was a great deal.

#10 ·
So i just bought a 2015 r/t and never had a car so quiet in my life, im conflicted someone wants to sell me a sr8 catback for 30 bucks, not sure if thats a good thing to do or just get rid of the mufflers well the mids at least. Its just insane ghe amount they want for these systems when you get at most 10 hp out of them. ive tuned numerous ones with full systems and tq is lower on botton end. I plan to procharge it, cam,headers and obiously alter the exhaust any suggestions I’m also a welder so I can weld the system together. This is a daily driver but i like cars with balls. ALSO IF ANYONE NEEDS A PRO-TUNE MESSAGE ME. i aways take care of my peeps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.