Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Oil filter.

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  A Guy 
#1 ·
I had a 2013 SXT, and now I have a 2016 SXT. Do they use the same oil filters? My 2013 used Wix 57526. I'm having trouble finding out if they use the same filter on a 2016 model.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Your 2016 uses a Wix WL10010.

#3 ·
The Wix WL10010 is the the correct filter, however I just sent a case of 6 back (I have 2 Pentastars in the fleet) because the quality just wasn't there. Sloppy glue on the end caps and less pleat count than the Mopar MO-349. Turns out the Wix are made in S. Korea by a supplier (not Wix) and then just relabeled as a Wix. Mopar filters are US made.
You can find the Mopar filters on eBay in the $6-7 range.

#9 · (Edited)
The quality of the WIX filters must have improved. I ordered some recently and they look identical to the Mopar filter. I guess enough people must have complained so they improved the quality?

Maybe like Harbor, I always try to buy the oil filter from the car manufacturer. I only bought the WIX because I needed to add a little more to the order to get free shipping. I was relieved (after ordering two of them) to find the quality of the WIX I received was good as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#10 · (Edited)
I'm digging up my old post from the grave.

For the life of me, I can't remember how I installed the oil filter the last time I changed the oil. I'm using the Mopar oil filter MO-349. The issue I'm having is getting it to snap into the underside of the oil filter housing cap. What trick have I forgotten here? My new filter looks just like the one I took out, so I'm feeling pretty stupid right now.

I thought I just placed the filter down inside, then just screwed the cap on.... That isn't working now, not even close.

#12 ·
Reactions: MEKrunner
#14 ·
Now THAT was what I was trying to find yesterday. I struck out on Youtube and decided to put my tail between my legs and post here and admit I was a dummy.

This won't happen again. I promise!!

I appreciate your response.

#15 ·
Lol, that's what we're here for, to help each other ;)

A Guy

Reactions: MEKrunner
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.