2013 R/T Challenger - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 01:14 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2013 R/T Challenger

Two days ago I purchased a new 13 Challenger in Black with red stripes over the hood to the fender, 6spd. red leather interior. I was almost ready to sign on a new Mustang until I saw this car on the lot in the way home. I love the lines and actually everything about the car. I've been told by friends with Mustangs I made a mistake due to less horsepower and handling and I'd regret it. Now a lot of complaining on this site makes me wonder if in fact I did make a mistake. I've only had the car two days and love it but being brand new to this site would like to hear owner comments. My dealer told me that the six speeds had the MDS like the automatics but I don't think so.I have had two previous Mustangs, one a 2007 and an 08 and am aware of how they were although they didn't have the 420HP. I still like this car better.....so far. The name is John and I'm in a suburb of Cleveland Ohio. Comments on the comparison would be interesting, thanks. Back in the 60's I had two 63 Plymouth 426 factory Ramcharger cars and always favored Mopar by the way, oh and on 64 Street Wedge, all auto's, but now I want to shift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 01:19 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Welcome from Md!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:37 PM

New guy

Thanks for the greeting. Could you tell me how to change my name as I put my whole name down and feel goofy as I should have just put my first name or a nick name. Can it be edited?
Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (15)
John, you will like it! This comes from a guy who drove strictly GM products, cars and trucks, since 1981. My Dad was an engineer for GM for 33 years, my Brother works in the GM Styling Studio (he owns 2 Mopars himself), so for me to switch brands after all these years, and having GM blood coursing thru my veins, the Challenger must've made the same impression on you that it did for me.

There's just something about the car, right? That little something made you turn around and buy it! Your buddies with the tired looking Mustangs are just jealous.....!

Mopar Sequentials & Stage 1 Springs, Speedlogix Catch Can & Strut Brace, Charger Intake, AEM Air Filter, Blastin' Bobs Resonator Delete GP225CE, Billet Tech: Engine Bling, Wheel Center Caps, Interior Bits plus Pedal Kit. Customized Engine Cover, Drake All-Satin Fuel Door with Billet Tech Fuel Door Insert, Big Worm Side Marker Tints, MGP Caliper Covers, Skene Designs license plate bracket, EZ Pull Trunk Straps, DRL's:ON! Stripes by Mitch Kim
Old 12-23-2012, 01:48 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Originally Posted by John V. Manzatt View Post
Thanks for the greeting. Could you tell me how to change my name as I put my whole name down and feel goofy as I should have just put my first name or a nick name. Can it be edited?
I'm not sure if you can change that. You can click on "user cp" at the top in orange and try it there.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:04 PM

Thanks both of you, yes I guess I just need to hear it and yes the Mustang's are tired and too many out there as opposed to our Challengers. Just can't stop going to the garage and looking at it. Looks good, sounds good, runs good and it's so roomy and comfortable.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
John, Congratulations and welcome aboard!

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
Old 12-23-2012, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by John V. Manzatt View Post
Thanks both of you, yes I guess I just need to hear it and yes the Mustang's are tired and too many out there as opposed to our Challengers. Just can't stop going to the garage and looking at it. Looks good, sounds good, runs good and it's so roomy and comfortable.
Welcome from Los Angeles.
You just answered your own question. It's the feeling in your guts that tells you you made the right decision.
Always go with your guts.
Challenger owners are different breeds because there's emotions involved.
Congrats and you can always move your bed into the garage.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 12-23-2012, 02:39 PM

Thanks again, I just returned from a month and a half vacation in Longbeach and Topanga Canyon and can't believe I"m back in this cold.A couple days before returning we took a leisurely ride to Ojai, it sure would've been better in the Challenger. So beautiful out there and so much to do.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM

Welcome and congrats on the new car. The six speed cars don't have MDS. Not sure why the Mustang guys think you are going to be sorry for buying a car that has more room, is more comfortable, has a usable trunk and looks way cooler, sounds like they are just jealous. As for the couple of ponies they have over the R/T, well you can always mod your car to make as much power as you want, but their car is still going to look like the other 10 billion Mustangs on the road and still be small and cramped.

I know my car runs 10's because I once beat a guy who said his car runs 11's.

Last edited by 70barcuda; 12-23-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.