2013 R/T Challenger - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Ľ Auto Insurance

Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think you made the right decision. MOPAR or no car. I've had mine almost a year now and love it. The last MOPAR I had was my '69 Charger from 90-2000. I missed it until I got my Challenger.
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Originally Posted by Fawls View Post
Wow Blackie RT, talk about mirror image, although it was a few months ago I was looking for a SRT Challenger and ended up buying a Mustang!

I stumbled across a Roush 427R on eBay while looking at Challengers and couldnít get it out of my head, I was looking at a SRT8 # 392 of 1100 but could not bring myself to bid after seeing that Mustang.
After some research I decided a 2011 or newer Mustang was the way to go with the Coyote motor. To cut a short story even shorter I ended up buying a 2011 5XR Roush and had the dealer update it to 2013 tune which has over 500 RWHP, this thing is dangerous fast, sticks like glue to the road and is seriously cool and even the wife (who is not a car person and doesnít even drive) loves it
Now my head says the Mustang is far better bang for buck than just about anything and donít get me wrong it IS a great car, and it is on a lot of levels far superior to the Dodge, yet I still yearn for a Challenger, must be that Dodge blood in my veins! I guess thatís why I still lurk here and are quietly trying to figure a way for a Challenger to find its way into my garage.

I think if I could have bought a package on the Dodge like Roush (Shelby, Saleen) does for Ford at a competitive price I would have bought a Dodge, doesnít have to have a blower but a good handling and brake package at a reasonable price would have made a difference, hey but thatís just me.

That Mustang koolaid loses its flavor fast doesnt it???

BLACK CLEAR COAT NO OPTIONS EXCEPT STRIPE DELETE AND AUTO....MODS: ARRINGTON 6.4 BASED 426 * 513 RWHP / 517 RWTQ * AFR FUNCTIONAL SHAKER HOOD SCOOP * 3.73 GETRAG * KW COIL OVERS * MAGNAFLOW HIGH FLOW MIDS * CORSA EXTREME CATBACK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 PM

Thumbs up Colors and stripes

When I started to first look a month and a half back I could've swore in the build you're own section they offered Orange which I wanted, but then it disappeared. I also liked the Plum Crazy, those colors remind me of the early cars. Well I got Black and i love em all really, with this it was the red interior that put me over as far as a decision.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 PM

500 HP is crazy ! Face it they are all truly nice. My last Mustang was a triple black Mustang GT conv, that was loaded, 2008, which I put a Hurst shifter in and Corsa exhaust and it ran flawlessly an was just a great car. I think Ford screwed folks when in one year they just jumped up 100 HP. Down deep I personally feel the Challenger just edges out the Mustang with style. And again where ever would I ever use more than 375 HP on the street?
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,047 Posts
Welcome to CT and belated congrats on the black R/T, John! I have to agree that it's a great car and color... And I originally missed your intro because I hardly check out this section, but after interacting with you on the forum I thought that you deserved a proper welcome. Good to have you here.

The other muscle cars are for kids, plain and simple. They do have strong points, but it's mostly about performance and it comes mostly from their smaller size and lighter weight, again, being kids' cars and all. I don't meant to put down the GT, mind you, I know it's very respectable, but for someone who doesn't race and has enough years on the planet to appreciate quality, comfort and practicality... there's no contest. The Challenger is the thinking man's, or the gentleman's, muscle car. They can have their tenths in the quarter and fractions of G's .

And when the original muscle cars mean something else to you that some old school rides that an Accord can smoke, a good look at the Challenger will seal the deal. It evokes so much of that American styling of the late '60s - early '70s, when it was at its peak. The fact that the car is based on a Mercedes platform helps explain why it can feel so refined while Dodge has never been synonymous with quality. It's a man's car, as I said. You chose wisely.

As for the forum I think that you'd benefit greatly from lurking and exploring some more, figuring out who posts what and in what section to ask questions. Takes a while to get a handle on forums, especially when not used to them, and being new opens you to unnecessary attacks. Not that it's not a friendly and mature forum (it is), but we get our share of smartasses, pesky kids and people who think they are moderators, like everywhere else. It can be part of the fun.

Again, a warm welcome from (mostly) sunny LA!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:25 PM

LAunch Control

I just came back a couple weeks ago from the LA area. Daughter in Long Beach, brother in Topanga Canyon, nephew in Woodland Hills and a friend in Thousand Oaks. It''s so beautiful out there. Actually I was on the computer every night looking at area Dodge dealers and their inventories. Definately car and motorcycle country, take care talk to you soon, John
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackie RT For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (01-08-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 12:18 AM

Welcome to CT. I'm a little biased on the Black w/ Red stripes Challengers! Hahahaaaa. Good choice!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

2012 HPE500 R/T with all kinds of MODS that make me SMILE

Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 AM

Thumbs up Colors and stripes

What a horrible color combo you have! I checked you're pictures and they are great, they confirm my choice. These Challengers have such character and style. Plus you being out in LA makes me jealous. I got the six speed is yours manual or auto? That 4.7 time is nice as the Mustang guys just can't get over how much HP they have and bla bla. For me and the style of the car blows the Mustang away, plus theres way to many of them, not unique like the Challenger. I do like the Mustang but get tired of the bragging about HP and handling. Oh by the way no pictures of the back end of you're car, did you put the R/T sticker on? I'm going to order one and the Challenger script as I think the back end is to plain and I like the idea of those looking at the car can see it's an R/T. Well thanks for the wlecome and take care, John
Old 01-20-2013, 02:01 PM

I'm a new owner. 2013 Challenger R/T Plus, 6 speed, Track Option, Jazz Blue Pearl. Traded in my 2006 GTO, 6 speed just this past Friday. I love this car!! Even though the 06 GTO is a faster car the Challenger is so much nicer in every way and it's aint' no slouch for the size. I'm a Pontiac diehard fan, have a 10 sec 67 GTO, 72 Pontiac Lemans/GTO Convertible and 67 Pontiac Grand Prix.

pontiac muscle car collection
largest collection of muscle car and hotrod pictures on the internet
Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM

Thumbs up New guy

Welcome and congratulations on your new car. Sounds very nice. I just got an R/T Plus one month ago. They had a black one and a blue one and I settled on the black. I also have the six speed but no track pack. Lots of good guys on the forum, I think you'll enjoy it. I just put on the Challenger and R/T script on the rear spoiler, I think it really completes the car. Take care, John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.