disabling (ESC) completely in Challenger R/T classic 2013 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 02:57 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
disabling (ESC) completely in Challenger R/T classic 2013

Hi Guys,

I would like to inquire about the Challenger R/T classic 2013, and some of its tricks, things that I tried recently is disabling Electronic Stability Control (ESC) completely which need to use some of the hidden dodge tricks, below you'll find some of it that I already tried:

- The engine is running, the car in Park gear (P), and then press and hold ESC button (located at bottom of temperature control ) for 10 seconds.
- The engine is running, the car in Park gear (P), and then press ESC button (located at bottom of temperature control control) only once and (ESC OFF) will illuminate , and then drive the car at 25 kilometers or bit more, and turn the smart key (like if I want to run the car) for 10 seconds.

Unfortunately, both methods illuminate only (ESC OFF) as in the picture

but not this one

Where both signs present in the dash of the car. Please advise me about how to close and disable this system completely without resorting to the fuse box or change any electrical part, note that the methods mentioned above were used in the previous models.

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Welcome from Md!

2011 Toxic Orange Challenger SRT8
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportbikerxx For This Useful Post:
Hwy Khalil (08-29-2013)
#3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 06:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwy Khalil View Post
Hi Guys,

I would like to inquire about the Challenger R/T classic 2013, and some of its tricks, things that I tried recently is disabling Electronic Stability Control (ESC) completely which need to use some of the hidden dodge tricks, below you'll find some of it that I already tried:

- The engine is running, the car in Park gear (P), and then press and hold ESC button (located at bottom of temperature control ) for 10 seconds.
- The engine is running, the car in Park gear (P), and then press ESC button (located at bottom of temperature control control) only once and (ESC OFF) will illuminate , and then drive the car at 25 kilometers or bit more, and turn the smart key (like if I want to run the car) for 10 seconds.

Unfortunately, both methods illuminate only (ESC OFF) as in the picture

but not this one

Where both signs present in the dash of the car. Please advise me about how to close and disable this system completely without resorting to the fuse box or change any electrical part, note that the methods mentioned above were used in the previous models.

Thank you very much.

As far as I know, if you didn't get the Super Trak Pak with your car, you can't turn it completely off. The first method you mentioned is how to turn it off with a STP equipped car (although it's only 5 seconds, not 10).
#4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 AM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogge View Post
As far as I know, if you didn't get the Super Trak Pak with your car, you can't turn it completely off.
well, I've heard about the Super Trak Pak before and actually I made a quick search, and I found about it in http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/:

Tip 28: With the "Super Track Pak" on the R/T J or R/T Classic, no "key trick" is needed to get full off ESP.
While in PARK, press and hold ESP off button until the system chimes.

My challenger is R/T classic 2013, so it would great if you can tell how can I make sure that I got this "Super Track Pak" in my car. many thanks DevilDogge.
#5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 08:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
well, I've heard about the Super Trak Pak before and actually I made a quick search, and I found about it in http://www.sequentialtaillights.com/:

Tip 28: With the "Super Track Pak" on the R/T J or R/T Classic, no "key trick" is needed to get full off ESP.

My challenger is R/T classic 2013, so it would great if you can tell how can I make sure that I got this "Super Track Pak" in my car. many thanks DevilDogge.
There's a few ways. It'll be on your window sticker. You can look under your car and see if you have the yellow Bilstein shocks, but if you tried holding the traction control button in while you were parked for 10 seconds, and a chime and notification in the gauge cluster didn't pop up after 5 seconds, then you probably don't have it.

I'm not sure if there's another option out there for non-STP cars to fully disable it.
#6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Welcome aboard!

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
#7 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:17 PM

Garage
Welcome to CT from Michigan
The Following User Says Thank You to 1970FJ6T/A For This Useful Post:
Hwy Khalil (09-08-2013)
#8 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Garage
Doubled Up.

disabling (ESC) completely in Challenger R/T classic 2013

This thread is posted twice!?

RWL11
VP, PDX MoparLX, OR
2013 R/T Classic, Auto

Mopar Sequentials & Stage 1 Springs, Speedlogix Catch Can & Strut Brace, Charger Intake, AEM Air Filter, Blastin' Bobs Resonator Delete GP225CE, Billet Tech: Engine Bling, Wheel Center Caps, Interior Bits plus Pedal Kit. Customized Engine Cover, Drake All-Satin Fuel Door with Billet Tech Fuel Door Insert, Tred-Wear RWL kit, MGP Caliper Covers, Skene Designs license plate bracket, EZ Pull Trunk Straps, DRL's:ON! Stripes by Mitch Kim
#9 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:

Another way to find out your options are:
1-The Dodge.com owners link. Once registered, enter your vin and it will show the details. I just did this over the weekend and it took 24 hrs before all my cars service and ordered options began to show. The site loads veerrrry slooow. Under the Learn & Use tab there's a tab for Equipment. There it shows mine has the STP option.
https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc...nersLogin.aspx

2-Vin window sticker lookup. This is a 50/50 shot. Some Vin's show the window sticker and some don't. Mine, does not. Many I looked up did when shopper for my R/T.
Use your VIN number to get Chrysler Window Sticker

Hope this helps.

2012 Tungsten R/T Classic, 6-speed, package 27M w/STP.
1970 Pontiac Grand Prix, 455 HO, 11.90's @ 116 mph in qtr.

Last edited by judgeschambers; 09-03-2013 at 07:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to judgeschambers For This Useful Post:
Hwy Khalil (09-08-2013)
#10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2013, 01:56 AM

Welcome to CT from Abu Dhabi

2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8
1st 2012 Challenger SRT8 in Abu Dhabi
Mopar T handle shifter - Parking Sensors
GardX Paint & Leather Protection - Vcool tinting
The Following User Says Thank You to elie For This Useful Post:
Hwy Khalil (09-08-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode