I love my new 2012 Challenger!!! - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
New Member Introductions If you are new to the site please create a thread in here to say hi. We encourage all of the members who are 'lurking' and reading about the Dodge Challenger to post in this section at least once!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
I love my new 2012 Challenger!!!

Hello Everyone!

I’m new to the forum and I just wanted to introduce myself.

I recently fell in love with the Challenger and here’s my story…

A good friend of mine who was shopping for a new car called me about 3 months ago and asked me if he should get a Camaro or the Challenger.

After discussing the pros and cons of both cars, I went online to the Dodge website to check out the Challenger and the Chevy website to check out the Camaro.

The Challenger was so much more appealing to me so I let my friend know that I would pick the Challenger over the Camaro… Hands down!

He ended up buying 2 Challengers, 1 for him and 1 for his super cool girlfriend.

A month or so later, I hung out with him and checked out his new Challenger… It was a beauty and I was happy for his recent purchase!

I, too, was shopping for a new car at the time, but I was dead-set on getting a Prius since my other car is a 1966 Mustang and I wanted to get something much more fuel efficient and practical as my daily driver.

My friend and his girlfriend, including my wife, made fun of my decision of wanting to buy a Prius, but I was still dead-set on getting it.

My wife told me that she didn’t see me driving a Prius because she was so accustomed to me driving my 1966 Mustang and wondered why I would go from a gas-guzzling V8 to down to a car that she dubbed for sissies.

She told me that if you want a new car, get something you really like and don’t settle for the Prius.

I went to the Toyota dealer any way to check out the Prius, but for some reason I could never get myself to test drive it… In fact, I went to the Toyota dealer multiple times during the week and always walked away once a salesman approached me inquiring if I wanted to test drive it.

A few weeks passed by and I started to question myself about my own decision of buying a Prius so I started looking into other options.

Just like my friend who asked me a couple months back, I started thinking about the Challenger and the Camaro… But I also threw the Mustang into the mix.

I test drove the Mustang first, but wasn’t too impressed… It didn’t feel or look right to me.

Then I test drove the Camaro… It was cool and looked better than the Mustang in my opinion, but it was very small inside… After all, I do have 2 small children and the backseats were just way too compact.

Finally, it was time to drive the Challenger!

I went to the Dodge dealer on Friday (August 10th) with my heart set on test driving the 2012 Challenger Rallye Redline in Pitch Black with the red stripe and black chrome-clad wheels that was featured on the Dodge website.

Unfortunately the dealer did not have it in stock, but was nice enough to let me know that a Dodge dealer in a neighboring city not too far had one in their lot.

The following day, I took my wife to see the Challenger and the Rallye Redline in Pitch Black was there waiting for me!

I test drove it and fell in love!

Everything about the car felt right… It looked very impressive, I loved being behind the wheel and most of all… It was very roomy inside!

I was SOLD and I purchased my 2012 Dodge Challenger Rallye Redline in Pitch Black the following day on August 12, 2012!!!

Thanks for reading my story and here are some pics of my favorite new toy…

Here are pics of my Challenger and Mustang…

Last edited by CURAMEN; 08-17-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 03:24 PM

Both cars look nice--congratulations!

#3 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 03:30 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sportbikerxx
Welcome from Md!
#4 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Very nice! I love those black chrome wheels. Enjoy!

#5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 05:38 PM

Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,114 Posts
Phew! Close call: you said that you were 'dead-set' on a Prius... twice. Glad that you somehow came to your senses, and I like the way your wife thinks! You know that the sight of a Prius next to that Mustang would've made you die a little inside, day after day. Nice carS, man; I'm jealous...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
I have so much fun driving to and from work that the actual speed doesn't matter that much (Can't afford tickets anyway). Unless you are tracking your car on a regular basis, does it really matter?
#6 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to pjs1965 Send a message via MSN to pjs1965
Great choice and you still get GOOD MPGs with awesome appearance. Glad you kept your Man Card too

Peter J - 2012 Challenger SRT8 392

Pitch Black w/Tungsten Stripes
#7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:29 PM

That's a sharp looking Challenger and that Mustang is pretty sweet too... Congratulations.

2010 Hemi Orange RT Classic
6 Speed Manual
Super Track Pak
Electronics Conv. Group
Mygig Nav with Sound Group II
White Stripes

Mods: Katzkin Pearl White Leather * Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back * Roto-Fab CAI * HO Carbon Fiber Engine Cover * Skip Shift Eliminator
#8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:48 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the warm reception everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
Phew! Close call: you said that you were 'dead-set' on a Prius... twice. Glad that you somehow came to your senses, and I like the way your wife thinks! You know that the sight of a Prius next to that Mustang would've made you die a little inside, day after day. Nice carS, man; I'm jealous...
I seriously agree... Prius?! What was I thinking?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjs1965 View Post
Great choice and you still get GOOD MPGs with awesome appearance. Glad you kept your Man Card too
Definitely happy to keep my Man Card and I'm happy to be joining the Challenger family on the forum!
#9 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Congrats, and welcome from GA!

Love the Challenger... especially those wheels! I want those on mine!

That's a really cool Mustang, too. The Challenger is definitely a better stablemate for it than a Prius.

Jim

#10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 06:59 PM
Premium Member

beautiful. congrats....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > New Member Introductions & Site Assistance > New Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode