2009 R/T Motor Broke - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum
 

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Hemi09Challenger R/T's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 164
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2009 R/T Motor Broke

Going to work last night doing 75 on I-10 car shut down while driving, coasted to a stop and nothing when I turned the key. Had it towed to the dealer and they just called me and said the motor was shot. Good news they might have to replace it, bad news if I drag raced the car its not covered. I don't drag race the car, I every so often nail it to feel the power, whats there definition of "drag race" Sounds like they're trying to wiggle out of replacing the motor before its torn down. Any advice? They also said no loaner car while it's in the shop. Still under factory warranty (33385 mi) plus lifetime warranty on drivetrain. Said it could take up to a month in the shop. Any thoughts?

Bub
__________________

1999 Corvette FRC
2009 Hemi Challenger R/T - Deep Water Blue Pearl (GONE and FORGOTTEN)




Mods: Billet Technology Catch Can / Eibach Pro Kit Suspension / Functional Hood Scoops / Hood Struts / Hurst Shifter Kit / K&N Typhoon CAI / Magnaflow Cat-Back Competition Series Exhaust/ Engine Cover Modified / RPI Design Stealth Splash Guards / Richard Petty's Strut Tower Bar / 345-Hemi Hood Emblems / Painted Calipers w/Challenger Letters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baldwin Long Island NY
Posts: 148
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Look in the owners manual and contact the Dodge Rep for your region. Let them know what's going on and you want Dodge to come and inspect the engine. Once you know Dodge's opinion take it further if you have to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Hemi09Challenger R/T's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 164
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Sully1046 View Post
Look in the owners manual and contact the Dodge Rep for your region. Let them know what's going on and you want Dodge to come and inspect the engine. Once you know Dodge's opinion take it further if you have to.

I left the owners manual in the car?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:57 AM
19johned53's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: State of Missery
Posts: 3,453
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 1,314
Thanked 1,172 Times in 739 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just be prepared to show all "oil change"/service receipts. You shouldn't have any problems if it hasn't been on the track, and serviced per the warranty conditions.

I would get with the service manager and "walk around" your car. Show what dents/dings/scratches that are there, for the record. (take pics if you feel that they are needed)

Also find out if the replacement is going through the bottom of the car, or through the top (hood off, and a lot of possible fender damage)

Good luck and sorry to hear about this. Keep us posted.
__________________
2010 Detonator Yellow RT "Classic" A5

Mopar Front Brace. Petty 4pt Rear Brace. Mopar Stage One Lowering Springs.
Flowmaster Force II Exhaust, '11 Charger Intake Tube, SRT Air Box, BT Catch Can and nose emblem. Mopar Hemi Orange Engine Cover, "T" Shifter, Door Sills, Bright Pedals and Trunk Mat. Tinted windows, and custom embroidered R/T on the Headrests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM
Galvatron's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: too friggin hot, florida
Posts: 3,631
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 35
Thanked 60 Times in 56 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
There's really no way for them to prove you "drag raced" the car....they probably know about the Diablo tuners and if you had a tune on the car, they can see that. If the PCM is modified, they can try to void the engine warranty via that route. If you had no tune on the car, you're fine.
__________________
[CENTER]GALVATRON
2010 TorqStorm Supercharged plum crazy Challenger R/T on 22" VOSSEN CV3 wheels!!
Current 1/4 mile (before supercharger): 12.965@105.61mph bangin' 'n clangin'!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Wetumpka Alabama
Posts: 761
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Galvatron, if you have a tune and delete it or go back to stock can they see that????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Baldwin Long Island NY
Posts: 148
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Per the Dodge warranty manual, Discuss the problem with the owner or general manager of the dealership. If your dealership still can't resolve the problem contact Chrysler Customer Assistance Center. Their number is 800-922-1997 or through the Dodge Website Dodge Vehicles | Build your own Crossover, SUV, Car, or Minivan | Dodge and use the contact us button.
Once you have done the 2 steps listed above, a Chrysler representative will review your situation. If Chrysler can help they will contact the dealer and give them the necessary information. If they cannot help Chrysler will acknowledge your contact and explain Chrysler's position.
This come right out of the warranty booklet for a 2009 Challenger R/T.
Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Hemi09Challenger R/T's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 164
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by 19johned53 View Post
Just be prepared to show all "oil change"/service receipts. You shouldn't have any problems if it hasn't been on the track, and serviced per the warranty conditions.

I would get with the service manager and "walk around" your car. Show what dents/dings/scratches that are there, for the record. (take pics if you feel that they are needed)

Also find out if the replacement is going through the bottom of the car, or through the top (hood off, and a lot of possible fender damage)

Good luck and sorry to hear about this. Keep us posted.
I do all my own oil changes and plug changes. Have a program on the computer that has all info as for as dates, milage, type, and so on...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:20 PM
Hemi09Challenger R/T's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 164
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Sully1046 View Post
Per the Dodge warranty manual, Discuss the problem with the owner or general manager of the dealership. If your dealership still can't resolve the problem contact Chrysler Customer Assistance Center. Their number is 800-922-1997 or through the Dodge Website Dodge Vehicles | Build your own Crossover, SUV, Car, or Minivan | Dodge and use the contact us button.
Once you have done the 2 steps listed above, a Chrysler representative will review your situation. If Chrysler can help they will contact the dealer and give them the necessary information. If they cannot help Chrysler will acknowledge your contact and explain Chrysler's position.
This come right out of the warranty booklet for a 2009 Challenger R/T.
Good luck and keep us posted as to what happens.
The service rep said they have to do some more investigation of why it broke before making any decision. I also was told by a friend who is a service rep at another dealer to what before contacting Ddoge Cutomer service. He said wait for the outcome?

Last edited by Hemi09Challenger R/T; 09-27-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Hemi09Challenger R/T's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 164
Photos: (0)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Galvatron View Post
There's really no way for them to prove you "drag raced" the car....they probably know about the Diablo tuners and if you had a tune on the car, they can see that. If the PCM is modified, they can try to void the engine warranty via that route. If you had no tune on the car, you're fine.

No tune on the car because I was afraid of losing the warranty if they saw that it was flashed.. I had the car in the shop 3 times in the last month for cam shaft timing issues? They also reprogramed the pcm for the latest updates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mid-West Owner List Venthos Mid-West 196 08-28-2014 04:49 PM
Dodge Challenger TSB's 2008-2014 Models ResumeSpeed Technical Service Bulletins & Recalls 78 07-14-2013 12:46 PM
2012 TPMS on a 2009 R/T RTJim Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension 1 09-23-2012 07:00 AM
Is this a Fair Price for a 2009 R/T? alkimo Dodge Challenger R/T Specific 10 07-15-2012 11:26 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.