2010 RT vs. 2011 RT - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2010 RT vs. 2011 RT

we need for our garage one..
i know 2011 has better suspension and a new wheal
but really is it worth it buying new..or just save some buck n get 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 916 Garage View Post
we need for our garage one..
i know 2011 has better suspension and a new wheal
but really is it worth it buying new..or just save some buck n get 2010
If it was me, with some of the deals going on now, I'd buy a deeply discounted 2010 if I was set on the R/T model. From what I've read, and someone may correct me, there isn't a lot of changes between the 2010 and 2011 R/T. The S/E and the SRT are seeing big changes.

I'd also have to consider buying a 2010 SRT to some degree. My local dealer has a loaded 2010 SRT that can be bought for less than some people paid for their R/T's.

'10 R/T 6 Speed // Magnuson Supercharged @ 8lbs // Hurst //
Areoforce duals // 0ther warranty voiding parts //
#3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 07:05 AM

ill bet the RT gets a major upgrade in 2012...its supposed to compete with the SS and 5.0 and right now it doesnt- ill bet in 2012 it jumps up a bit

id wait 7 more months if performance matters alot to you

or possibly look at the 2010 SRT new or used..

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
#4 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Administrator

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I would look for a good deal on a 2010 R/T or SRT. Some dealers are offering steep discounts on 2010 Challengers.

Max Power: 652 rwhp Max Torque: 635 ft-lbs Boost: 15 psi

Performance Mods:
Techco 3.0L SC, Techco Strut Tower Brace, DiabloSport Custom CMR Tune, HHP/BES Stage 2 Heads, HHP/BES Camshaft, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Corsa Cat-Back Exhaust, Hawk Performance Brake Pads, Hurst Shifter
#5 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 09:08 AM

from what i've been reading, it sounds like the suspension is what makes the biggest difference over the 2010's and 09's. easily overcome by finding a deal on a 2010 and putting a suspension kit on yourself down the road.

09 Challenger R/T 6-speed w/ 3.92s

catch can
Hurst shifter w/Larry's mod
Jet 180* thermostat
HopNot total package
HopNot engine torque strut brace
M&H 275/50-17 Racemasters
Stack Performance Bullet CAI w/long IAT sensor
Email Tune from OST
#6 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 09:09 AM
Banned - Pond Scum

If you want the best, buy an 11 SRT.
#7 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 05:55 PM

Found this article.....

"The interior equipment in the new Dodge Challenger R/T is significantly upgraded to give customers added style, convenience, value and best-in-class accommodations.

Transmitting Challenger's new precision steering and feel of the road is an all-new thick-rimmed three-spoke Dodge steering wheel for better performance feel and grip. The right-sized hand-stitched, leather-wrapped steering wheel features silver metallic painted spokes located at the 3-, 6- and 9 o'clock positions. The new sport steering wheel features back-lit cruise, Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC) and available Uconnect Voice Command controls mounted on the front face, which makes it easier to see at night.

Dodge Challenger's trapezoidal race-inspired instrument panel now features a new four-bomb gauge cluster with chromed accent rings and new sport-themed graphics. Inside the cluster, a new four-line display EVIC is now standard equipment and shows the driver trip and multimedia information from the Media Center radio.

To make long cruises more comfortable, the new Challenger R/T features redesigned seat structures with improved cushioning and more comfortable contours. Challenger's standard power driver's seat now features power lumbar for improved back support. To make it easier to get in and out of the backseat, the driver's seat now features seatback tilt- with memory and an easy-to-reach release handle, while the front-passenger seat adds tilt-and-slide with memory, which makes it even easier to use. When equipped with leather, Dodge Challenger's new Nappa leather seating surfaces provide a premium look and feel.

Dodge Challenger offers exceptional rear seating for a two-door coupe, achieving best-in-class rear head room (37.4 inches) and legroom (32.6 inches) room compared with its competition. With class-exclusive seating for five, coupled with best-in-class cargo space (16.2 cu. ft.), the new 2011 Dodge Challenger is the segments best day-to-day pony-car choice, offering maximum comfort and functionality.

Next to Dodge Challenger R/T's LED-illuminated cupholders, a new hand-stitched leather-wrapped shift knob is now standard and provides improved feel while toggling between the coupe's standard Auto Stick transmission gears.

Finishing the 2011 Challenger R/T's interior upgrade is the addition of standard automatic climate control for added convenience and improved comfort.
Up to 376 Horsepower With Four-cylinder Mode Efficiency

For the performance enthusiast, the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T with its the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine delivers up to 376 horsepower and 410 lb-ft of torque.

When paired with the newly refined Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission's Track Pak the 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T delivers smoother shifts, while delivering even more power through unique performance-tuned dual exhaust and under-floor mufflers with low-restriction bottle resonators. The result is 376 track-tearing horsepower that can accelerate the performance coupe from 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds and a sinister exhaust growl for the cars left in its rear-view mirror.

The all-new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T's 5.7-liter HEMI engine with five-speed automatic transmission produces 372 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque, plus its FuelSaver technology seamlessly transitions to high-fuel-economy four-cylinder mode when less power is needed and V-8 mode when more power is in demand. This optimizes fuel economy when full V-8 power is not required, without sacrificing vehicle performance or capability.

The 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine also features variable-valve timing (VVT) to improve fuel economy in two ways. First, it reduces the engine's pumping work by closing the intake valve later. Second, it increases the expansion process of the combustion event. This allows more work to be transferred to the wheels instead of being lost out of the exhaust port as heat. VVT improves engine breathing, which improves engine efficiency and power.

Electro-hydraulic Power Steering (EHPS)

An all-new electro-hydraulic power steering (EHPS) system transmits precise road feel to the driver and improves on-center tracking and fuel economy.

Depending on the "control mode" within the EHPS system, the system applies variable steering effort to different driving conditions. EHPS analyzes steering angle, vehicle speed, engine rpm and chassis control systems 13 times per second for precise performance-handling feel. When the Dodge Challenger is stationary or moving at low speeds, the hydraulic pump increases power assistance for a lighter steering-wheel effort. The pump reduces steering assistance at highway speeds to give the performance coupe a firmer feel, and as a consequence, the system delivers a fuel savings of up to 1.5 percent by consuming less energy than a belt-driven pump."

#8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 06:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
that's what i wanted to see for 2011 rt, power stays the same in some case, but it gets more fuel efficient.
srt 10 is not a choice for me, just because it has no mds. i'm looking for somethin more efficient. ill have to drive new srt and rt.
#9 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 06:42 PM

I think the '11s are supposed to see a very small improvement in MPG, but nearly imperceptible and certainly not worth the bigger cost. The biggest differences are the suspension, EHPS, and several of the upgrades now becoming standard. Also passive entry is now standard and isn't even offered on any 2010.

All cool upgrades, no doubt, but right now I'm seeing R/Ts advertised at 8K under sticker. Throw in good financing from Dodge, and it will be much much cheaper. Though keep in mind that the 2011s have a lower sticker to begin with and have some of the upgrades standard still, so it's less off than one would initially think.

All in all, I would spring for a 2010. That's the same decision I made a few months ago and am quite happy with it.

Also, a very important question. What color do you want? Some of the colors on the 2011 aren't offered on the 2010 and some of the 2010 colors aren't offered on the 2011, at least not yet. If you want hemi orange or detonator yellow, you'll need to buy now.

'10 HO R/T. (any other place and that would sound really odd...)
#10 (permalink) Old 12-23-2010, 06:44 PM

I just checked the retail price of a 6 speed 2010 R/T and a 2011 R/T set up the same way, the 2011 was $2305.00 cheaper. The 2010 rebates will be much better in Jan.- March and the dealers will be more willing to deal !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode