Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 R/T Shaker Owners - That HAVE their cars!

322K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  Gila Hemi 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, here we go!! The 2014 R/T Shakers are finally being delivered to US, the customers. On the old thread of Those That ORDERED their Shakers is getting pretty full.

So.. Lets sound off... what was your first thought when you: (1) SAW your Car? (2) First drove it? (3) Dealer Experience? (4) Final impression of the entire buying/receiving process? (5) If you had to do it all over again, what would you change?

And of course, it's MANDATORY you post pictures!!!!!

Here we go............................

#2 ·
Well, here we go!! The 2014 R/T Shakers are finally being delivered to US, the customers. On the old thread of Those That ORDERED their Shakers is getting pretty full.​

So.. Lets sound off... what was your first thought when you: (1) SAW your Car? (2) First drove it? (3) Dealer Experience? (4) Final impression of the entire buying/receiving process? (5) If you had to do it all over again, what would you change?​

And of course, it's MANDATORY you post pictures!!!!!​

Here we go............................​
Great idea....... as we all enter into Shaker ownership, this is the next logical step we can move forward with. I like the format on the (5) broke out items.

#4 ·
If you can think of any other questions that would be good, lmk and I can edit the first post to include them.

#5 ·
I'll have to post more pictures over the weekend (this weeks pollen requires another bath for the Shaker). Here are my answers to your questions:
(1) Alright Alright Alright
(2) :headbang2::headbang2::headbang2:
(3) Dealer experience was typical. Between the time I saw the car and finished the paperwork, they stuck a dealer sticker on the back which I thought was incredibly unthoughtful on their part . I took that off immediately. They also put on their dealer license frame which I made them remove. But, overall it was a good experience and they delivered what I ordered, so I can't complain.
(4) I thought the VOTS system was really flawed. I basically went from the Order Processed to Final Inspection with no updates. It was frustrating that my dealer had better delivery than the customer, but I guess that's the system. I'm glad I had all of you to pass the time with.
(5) Nothing. Now I'm on to mods. Need to figure out which backup camera option to go with.

#6 · (Edited)
It was fate for me. I went in the dealer looking to test drive a Granite RT and noticed the PLP right away. I test drove it instead and bought it after. Dealer experience was good, I'm actually curious however what most of us paid on average, not sure if people find this personal so I won't push.

Car was/is amazing. Only a few minor gripes such as the front bumper having a license plate which I now have to plug. The seats and steering wheel are awesome, but the rest seems uninspired. The drive out of the lot was bliss....love this car.

#7 ·
I have really enjoyed the heck out of mine but have only taken it out 3 times since I drove it off the lot. Temps in Northern Virginia have been too low for Goodyear F1's. Here's the first pics I snapped while still at the dealership. I arrived just in time to follow the car into the garage where they did all the checks before I drove it the first time. Also one from the first drive to work.

Attachments

#8 ·
Cars look great! Wanting mine!

#13 ·
Need some feedback:

Clear or Smoked side markers for Plum crazy? Lots of blacks on this purple so I figured smoke, might look better. thoughts?
I want to do something when I pick up the car, will have the windows tinted out then. The intent is to tone down the taillights while there, thinklng smoked, will dupicate with the side markers, will provide back up once completed.

#15 ·
here is a picture of the plymouth overlay

here is a picture of the plymouth overlay - with the road runner badge and decal added

Attachments

#16 ·
and LEDs

And then i would add LEDs to repalce the stcok light bulbs - to brighten up the light output with the new overlay...

Reactions: Tanner
#17 ·
found the Dodge overlay picture!

Hi Tanner
found the Dodge overlay picture!

Attachments

#18 ·
I'm also one of the lucky ones 100 miles on my SHAKER picked it up this past friday car takes your breath away ORANGE with stripes,6 speed, nav, hid lights, sun roof.traded my 06 charger rt track pac car this is so much more of a muscle car, sitting next to my 1970 roadrunner 383 4 speed "air grabber" yes i'm a lucky guy also what is very cool is the shaker and air grabber are both still coded N96. SHAKER #418 this car will be in my family a long time if you got one we all know how SPECIAL they are a collector before they were built !! andy from wisconsin hope to get ya some pics

#19 ·
Welcome... I've added you to our Shaker Tally here..

#20 ·
Bump... After ALL this waiting, I was expecting to be flooded with PICTURES????

C'mon guys... lets see them beauties!!!

#22 ·
how about a picture with 3!

Bump... After ALL this waiting, I was expecting to be flooded with PICTURES????

C'mon guys... lets see them beauties!!!
here's three with my name on it!

Attachments

#25 ·
Door sills

For those who have their challenger shakers..did your shaker package include Mopar door sills?

Thanks

#27 ·
For those who have their challenger shakers..did your shaker package include Mopar door sills?

Thanks
no, the door sills are not included. My dealer put on locking lugs and I'm not sure if that was supposed to be included or not.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#28 ·
Kind of out of the loop on the new shaker hoods. How much is that option? Is the T/A hood an option or just aftermarket at this point?
The hood itself is not really an option, it is a complete package that includes the hood, interior, wheels, super track pak, steering wheel and a decal package. The package adds $7,000 to the base price of the R/T and you can delete the decals to save $500.

The T/A hood is similar and is available only as part of the Mopar Exterior Appearance Group which includes the T/A hood, rear Go-Wing spoiler and side decals. Price of this option is $1995 and can be had on any R/T except Classic.

#29 ·
Well, here we go!! The 2014 R/T Shakers are finally being delivered to US, the customers. On the old thread of Those That ORDERED their Shakers is getting pretty full.

So.. Lets sound off... what was your first thought when you: (1) SAW your Car? (2) First drove it? (3) Dealer Experience? (4) Final impression of the entire buying/receiving process? (5) If you had to do it all over again, what would you change?

And of course, it's MANDATORY you post pictures!!!!!

Finally I can reply to my own thread! My Shaker #0368 came in on 4/8. I saw the car as it was still wrapped in plastic, I was the first to start it, pop the hood, pop the trunk and drive it. My salesman had just gotten into the dealership and wasn't aware that it had even been delivered the night before.

#1 - WOW... MY Car is HERE!!
#2 - This drives nothing like my 09 R/T! More sensitive brakes, smoother clutch
#3 - My dealer came through for me. The car wasn't supposed to come in for another day and they made
delivery happen. Even got me a great finance rate.. They let ME drive it to put gas in it.. The entire
dealership came outside to see it when I drove it in from the off load lot across the street. EVERY
single employee was outside gawking at the car.
#4 - I was a little upset at first because they didn't get it from the rail yard.. but all in all, they did what was
best and I got the car I waited 14 weeks for.
#5 - I don't think I would change anything. Everything I wanted is in the car and then some.

Here's a couple pics... Still have to put on my mud flaps, door sills.. more to come...

Attachments

#32 ·
Congrats WildOne! What a beauty!

1. Not since my wife of 31 years walked down the aisle in my direction had I seen anything so perfect!
2. Very impressed with the power and how civilized the 6 spd was! I guess with all the torque I was expecting more of a learning curve...but it was love at first shift.
3. Salesman was a nice guy but like most no car expert and certainly not an enthusiast. Long story but the PCP auto I put money down on turned into a HO car. After a ton of agonizing I took delivery of the PCP 6 spd and couldn't be happier. The dealer is still waiting on the other cars in transit (HO X 3 and white X 1). In the end did OK on the negotiation....gave me close to the no haggle buying service price and another $2000 in cash back.
4. Too happy with the car to dwell on the negatives. I've purchased a bunch of new cars over the years and accept that I usually show up knowing more about the car I want than the sales staff.
5. Nothing. If I had ordered the car from scratch would have probably left out the Harmon Kardin, sunroof, and HID's...but really enjoying the sound and the open sunroof let's more rumble in!

Attachments

#33 ·
Pick up #317 today. PCP/automatic with every available option. Stickered for $43,645 but I received Chrysler affiliate pricing through my job and got it for $39673. My dealer, Dodge of Burnsville, was great to work with and have two more on the lot. They gave me they price I wanted for the Shaker, beat the 2.85% my bank would give me and gave me what I wanted for my 2009 R/T. I'm thrilled tonight. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#34 ·
Pick up #317 today. PCP/automatic with every available option. Stickered for $43,645 but I received Chrysler affiliate pricing through my job and got it for $39673. My dealer, Dodge of Burnsville, was great to work with and have two more on the lot. They gave me they price I wanted for the Shaker, beat the 2.85% my bank would give me and gave me what I wanted for my 2009 R/T. I'm thrilled tonight. View attachment 192722

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If you don't mind me asking what was the dash numbers of the Torred and the other purple?:browsmiley:

#35 · (Edited)
Started detailing today... a lot of work by hand.. but the hood looks amazing.. Meguiar's Ultimate Wash (double bucket system), Clay Bar, Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.. tomorrow wax. Then the rest of the car area by area. The hood pics really show off the Meguiar's polish! Here are more pics. Someone asked for side pics and interior w/ the slate gray leather on black.

Attachments

#38 ·
New shaker is home...

So the new shaker is home. Wow, how cool is that!!! After the first 100 miles...

The shaker really shakes. Not as much as the ones in the 1970's did, but it does move when you hit the gas pedal hard. I still giggle when it shakes.

The shaker does stick up a little. It doesn't block your forward vision or get in the way, but it's there, in your face. Did I mention that it actually shakes.

Trading up from an '09 R/T, the new steering wheel feels very big. Yes, it is thicker and has the paddle shifters and more buttons, but I didn't expect it to feel so much bigger. It makes the whole car feel a bit bigger.

I like the added radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Now I just have to get used to them.

Did I mention the shaker actually shakes. That's so cool....

With the stripe delete, the rear spoiler needs to be painted body color (white for me). It looks odd in black. And the spoiler seems to be made of light plastic, not as solid feeling as the '09 spoiler. And the black gas cap needs to be replaced with a chrome one.

Here's a big question... How do you remove the shaker to add oil? The oil filler is hidden under the shaker on the drivers side. There must be an easy way to do it.

And what's up with all the exposed coil packs and wires on the passenger side of the motor? Got to find a cool cover for all of that.

Daytime running lights... gotta get that issue resolved. I miss them.

Over all, I love the car. It feels a little faster then my old '09, and with the super track pack it handles a little tighter (haven't tried Sport mode yet). Brampton Builder and all his friends built a great car for me. And after now seeing all the pics and posts of the new 2015, I'm even happier I got my '14 now. On to the the Scat Pack upgrades.

Did I mention the shaker actually shakes. giggle giggle...

Attachments

#39 ·
Remove the factory shaker scoop to add oil

So the new shaker is home. Wow, how cool is that!!! After the first 100 miles...

The shaker really shakes. Not as much as the ones in the 1970's did, but it does move when you hit the gas pedal hard. I still giggle when it shakes.

The shaker does stick up a little. It doesn't block your forward vision or get in the way, but it's there, in your face. Did I mention that it actually shakes.

Trading up from an '09 R/T, the new steering wheel feels very big. Yes, it is thicker and has the paddle shifters and more buttons, but I didn't expect it to feel so much bigger. It makes the whole car feel a bit bigger.

I like the added radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Now I just have to get used to them.

Did I mention the shaker actually shakes. That's so cool....

With the stripe delete, the rear spoiler needs to be painted body color (white for me). It looks odd in black. And the spoiler seems to be made of light plastic, not as solid feeling as the '09 spoiler. And the black gas cap needs to be replaced with a chrome one.

Here's a big question... How do you remove the shaker to add oil? The oil filler is hidden under the shaker on the drivers side. There must be an easy way to do it.

And what's up with all the exposed coil packs and wires on the passenger side of the motor? Got to find a cool cover for all of that.

Daytime running lights... gotta get that issue resolved. I miss them.

Over all, I love the car. It feels a little faster then my old '09, and with the super track pack it handles a little tighter (haven't tried Sport mode yet). Brampton Builder and all his friends built a great car for me. And after now seeing all the pics and posts of the new 2015, I'm even happier I got my '14 now. On to the the Scat Pack upgrades.

Did I mention the shaker actually shakes. giggle giggle...
The scoop is held on by 4 stainless cap nuts (the one's with the Mopar "M" on them). Use a M10 socket or nut driver to loosen. They are not magnetic so be careful removing them because you can't fish them out with a magnet if you drop them. The seal is attached to the scoop and they lift off 4 stainless studs. Under the scoop is a cap you twist counter-clockwise to access the oil fill. You can torque the nuts to 4Nm or 35 in-lb when you reassemble.

#41 ·
Last Saturday I took the new shaker to her first car show. Won a trophy for Stock - New Generation class (cars from year 2000 and newer).
That's cool, congrats on winning. I take my shakers to cruise ins, and they get a lot of attention.
A few even thought it was a new 2015!

#45 ·
How does anybody and everybody feel about paint protection film?
Professional or self install?
I'm thinking about doing the bumpers, side mirrors, partial hood.
I'm looking for feedback and personal experience.
Thank you all.

Reactions: Neva33540
#47 ·
I will be definitely doing the paint protection - after a hi speed run up a hiway at night, I could not believe how the front end of our cars (below the headlights) attract so much crap.

Reactions: Neva33540
#54 ·
Great plan!

#60 ·
It was very easy to seek these cars.

My dealer said even if don't take the car he will sell it easily. There is now pumb crazy purple or header orange next year. i actual don't like any of colors but the inside dash is much better then old stye, though i like seats more on my Shaker. It also a limited production the next years won't be. i really didn't want 6.4 because really it just seemed like that unappealing plastic Chrysler and to pay almost 60k for SRT i just wouldn't be happy with it. i didnt want gas milage or 6.4. Although i probably will change camshaft and stroke it and then supercharge it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.