Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2014 R/T Shaker Owners - That HAVE their cars!

322K views 2K replies 127 participants last post by  Gila Hemi 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, here we go!! The 2014 R/T Shakers are finally being delivered to US, the customers. On the old thread of Those That ORDERED their Shakers is getting pretty full.

So.. Lets sound off... what was your first thought when you: (1) SAW your Car? (2) First drove it? (3) Dealer Experience? (4) Final impression of the entire buying/receiving process? (5) If you had to do it all over again, what would you change?

And of course, it's MANDATORY you post pictures!!!!!

Here we go............................

#990 ·
I picked up my new '14 Shaker a week ago. She's Header Orange with stripes and a 6 speed. She has a sunroof, HID's and a 730n with the sound group II. She's #1798 .

I traded in my '12 R/T that was pretty basic other than the racing stripes I had added so the Shaker is a big step up. I thought about waiting for the '15 Shaker models to come out but the $3500.00 rebate and nice sale price helped make that decision a lot easier.

#994 ·
I picked up my new '14 Shaker a week ago. She's Header Orange with stripes and a 6 speed. She has a sunroof, HID's and a 730n with the sound group II. She's #1798 .

I traded in my '12 R/T that was pretty basic other than the racing stripes I had added so the Shaker is a big step up. I thought about waiting for the '15 Shaker models to come out but the $3500.00 rebate and nice sale price helped make that decision a lot easier.

With a stick isn't she a he? :werd:

Reactions: Steven_sbs
#991 ·
Welcome from Poulsbo WA. You'll love your Shaker. Have fun.

Reactions: 71 HemiCuda
#993 ·
Sorry wrong person BERT

#996 ·
Sunshine today, guess it's time to give my ride a shampoo and a drive. Got to take advantage of these nice days.

#997 ·
I have a quick question... if your car throws a code, say P0306 (which is cyl 6 misfire) and you reset it by pulling the battery cable off for a few minutes.. Will it still be stored in the car's computer? Even tho the CEL is off, the code doesn't show in the EVIC, is it still kept and can it be read by the dealer?

#999 ·
Just got a new bling for my baby. A Mopar fuel door. I think a little chrome goes a long way.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Orange

#1,001 ·
Just got a new bling for my baby. A Mopar fuel door. I think a little chrome goes a long way.]
Chrome looks good with the Orange paint. I'm gonna go with either a Drake or Vapor flat black cap since the shaker and spoiler are satin black.

#1,008 ·

Attachments

#1,508 · (Edited)
Me too!!

Here it is...matte black matches spoiler black perfectly.
Hey I've been looking into doing this myself so if you could answer a few questions... Did you just replace it with a pre-made unit? Did you simply spray the fuel cap with spray paint? Is it plasti-dip? I'm wondering if I were to try to spray the chrome one I have now, would I have to rough up the chrome with 600 grit sandpaper? Would the paint even stick to the chrome if I didn't rough it up? Thanks guys.

Sorry this reference is old, I'm new to the site and have a thousand ideas...

#1,010 ·
Got my coil pack covers from Luke at Steve White Motors. Can't wait to install the cover. Guess I'll hang the other one on my garage wall. I got the orange stripe accent.
On another note a trick I've been using when I have the battery tender hooked up I use two dowels a 1/4" and a 3/8" to keep the trunk light off instead of closing the trunk on the wire.

#1,011 ·
Please post some photos when your done. I'm on the fence about doing the covers.

I'm getting ready to install my Battery Tender harness to the battery. FYI, there is a large plastic plug under the spare tire on the driver side. I plan on drilling a hole through the center of the plug and dropping my BT connection though there. I will have to lengthen the BT fused harness but that's easy. You can drill a hole through the black plastic trim under the rear bumper to secure the connector with a wire tie. I also have some magnets and thought of attaching one to the harness so it would be as simple as reaching under the bumper to pull down the harness connector and plug in the BT. When your ready to drive, just disconnect the harness and let the magnet hold it securely to the spare tire pan out of sight.

#1,012 ·
I'LL put some pictures up when I get the cover installed. As far as the battery tender goes I just don't want to do any holes in the car. The car is all tucked in for the winter.

#1,014 ·
It's drizzling off and on over here and it's really raining now.

#1,015 ·
I tried a search but couldn't find it. I know on here somewhere someone installed the coil pack covers. I have mine and just need to know about cutting out to fit around the transmission tube Help.

#1,016 ·
I was going to take my shaker out today but its getting ready to storm. I took her out 2 days ago. I filled her tank up with SHELL gas, and hopped on up to the NEW freeway all the way into RENO, NV.. my SHAKER # O463 got to stretch her legs and just enjoyed a good run. It is windy here today, a BIG storm is heading this way from CALIFORNIA AND THE HIGH WINDS always show up first. Yep, SHAKER is in the nice warm garage. It is so windy right now that all the dry dirt from the new home being built is blowing as a sandstorm. Good thing the Challenger is safe in the INSULATED garage. YOU KNOW ITS WINDY WHEN THERE ARE WHITE CAPS IN THE TOILETS ! !
BERT

#1,017 ·
I was going to take my shaker out today but its getting ready to storm. I took her out 2 days ago. I filled her tank up with SHELL gas, and hopped on up to the NEW freeway all the way into RENO, NV.. my SHAKER # O463 got to stretch her legs and just enjoyed a good run. It is windy here today, a BIG storm is heading this way from CALIFORNIA AND THE HIGH WINDS always show up first. Yep, SHAKER is in the nice warm garage. It is so windy right now that all the dry dirt from the new home being built is blowing as a sandstorm. Good thing the Challenger is safe in the INSULATED garage. YOU KNOW ITS WINDY WHEN THERE ARE WHITE CAPS IN THE TOILETS ! !
BERT
Bert
Did you get your Shaker from Carson City motors?

#1,020 ·
Sounds good Bert. I got that bad storm first being farther west. Lots of needed rainfall. Well over twice the morm for this time of year. I think Elk Grove Dodge has a couple shakers left. I saw a couple when I was down that way last week. Do you know if the HID install are reasonable on these cars. Mine didn't come with them. Red Bluff dodge, where I purchased the vehicle, they had all 6 colors, and neither had the HID's. Its no biggie but just wondering on the replacement and cost or aftermarket. Looking to the east, Mt. Lassen has lots of snow. Take care everybody...

#1,021 ·
Jupiter 2, I believe all shakers are suppossed to have the HID lights, someone else here may be able to confirm that. Red bluff Dodge has 6 shakers ? Are they 2014s ? I think the HIDS ARE pricey but they sure light up the road. How did Red Bluff dodge get so many shakers ? Hows the water level at the lake. ?
Bert

#1,024 ·
Are those shakers calif. Has all 2014s or 15s or a combo ? I dont know why it took dodge. 7 years to finally give the R/T BULGE HOOD A REAL BULGE & scoops that came further DOWN the hood just like the cars the are designed. To resemble.Sitting in 2 of the 15s the interior is a lot different but I could get used to it, the front end & grill seems to be narrower with headlights looking smaller . The bottom chin spoiler and wide mouth opening taking up the lost grille area. I may be able to even get used that, HOWEVER, the new taillights.. those I just cannot get used to THOSE, I just cant. !
MODEL MAKER

#1,025 ·
Shaker # 1297. Silver Metallic. Manual transmission, sunroof, nav, all the bells and whistles. Traded my 2009 R/T. I absolutely loved that thing and had no intention of ever letting it go. However, as fate would have it, we brought my wife's 200 in for an oil change. We got there around 2:00 on a Saturday and there were about 6 or 7 cars ahead of us. The service tech said it'd be about an hour and a half wait, so we walked around the lot and perused the new models. And, lo and behold, there she was. I swear to God it was calling my name. Since the 2009 was paid for, I told the salesman I needed to know two things: what's the best price on this Shaker and what's the most you'll give me for the 2009. When all was said and done, the difference that was financed was like buying a low end Toyota. So, basically, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I love this thing. Surprisingly, I'm not missing the 2009 at all (well, maybe a little). Here she is:

So far, I've added the Mopar mud guards, WebElectric's sequential tail lights and I had the dealer pull my skip shift eliminator from the 2009 and install it in the Shaker (much easier while it's on the rack).
New plates are ordered.

#1,027 ·
Shaker # 1297. Silver Metallic. Manual transmission, sunroof, nav, all the bells and whistles. Traded my 2009 R/T. I absolutely loved that thing and had no intention of ever letting it go. However, as fate would have it, we brought my wife's 200 in for an oil change. We got there around 2:00 on a Saturday and there were about 6 or 7 cars ahead of us. The service tech said it'd be about an hour and a half wait, so we walked around the lot and perused the new models. And, lo and behold, there she was. I swear to God it was calling my name. Since the 2009 was paid for, I told the salesman I needed to know two things: what's the best price on this Shaker and what's the most you'll give me for the 2009. When all was said and done, the difference that was financed was like buying a low end Toyota. So, basically, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I love this thing. Surprisingly, I'm not missing the 2009 at all (well, maybe a little). Here she is:

So far, I've added the Mopar mud guards, WebElectric's sequential tail lights and I had the dealer pull my skip shift eliminator from the 2009 and install it in the Shaker (much easier while it's on the rack).
New plates are ordered.
Beautiful car! Nice choice!

I installed a half cover from Luke at Steve White Motors. Really dresses it up.

View attachment 339826

View attachment 339834

View attachment 339842
Looks fantastic! Dumb question....did you have to buy the covers as a set? Or can you just buy the passenger side?

#1,026 ·
Covers

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Engine Auto part

Vehicle Car Engine Auto part Luxury vehicle

Vehicle Car Auto part Automotive tire Hood

#1,032 ·
Are the left and right the same? It's a shame I have to order a set when I can only use one..

#1,034 ·
I got to add that Steven_sbs sent me a great PM about making the cut for the transmission tube. I was worried about doing it and he gave me some great advice.
Slidd also helped me find the thread that Steven_sbs posted. Thanks guys.

#1,037 ·
See, I told you you could do it. Looks great, well done. Here's one other little piece of information about the cover. Be careful when wiping or washing the cover when the motor is hot. There is something about the shiny plastic that has the 345 on it. Depending on the cloth I use, the cloth seems to stick to the shiny just a little bit. It doesn't leave a mark or cause a problem, but I feel a "drag on the rag", and being the nervous type of person that I am, I avoid wiping that area when its hot. You can use the wall hanger cover as a test practice piece to see how your cleaning products work for you.

#1,038 ·
Today was fun. A little rice rocket came up on my right egging me on so I opened my cutouts and hit it. It was just priceless. He even had his window partway open. I just love this car.

#1,040 ·
My car is a 14 shaker. They are installed in line w/ your exhaust pipes. No need to remove mufflers or resonators. No codes thrown, don't have to change anything original on the car. Google Race Ready Performance. Call, talk to Vince. Great people to work with. Do a search here on exhaust cut outs as I have lots of pictures of my install and even a better way to wire them into the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.