Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 Challenger How To Remove Fuel Door for Powdercoating

13K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  Czechman 
#1 ·
Anyone know how to remove the fuel door for the 2015 challenger? Just bought an R/T and liked the 2014 blacktop challengers black fuel door. So I'm going to take this one off and powdercoat it like I did my Abarth chrome fuel door.

#2 ·
You have to get your hand inside the fender lining in the rear fender and reach up and find the 3 or 4 clips that hold the fuel door assembly in place and unhook them. It should pop out after that. You might have some scratched up hands and knuckles after. Someone else might have a better write up than this but I know you gotta reach up inside the rear fender liner to get it out.

Reactions: brampton builder
#4 ·
Those things are plastic, right? I don't know how much, but there is heat involved in the powder coat process. Hope it doesn't cause a problem.

Just sayin'

#6 ·
Plastidip it, that could be another alternative, and don't have to remove the fuel door.:wink3:

#8 ·
Go buy a Drake fuel door, much nicer looking that the stock blob, IMHO. Here's mine!:

Reactions: itguy
#17 ·
Just changed out my chrome one for the black one. Very easy to do. Just like do it like Charlene stated. I like the black a lot better. Next I'm going to change out the grill surround to the black.

#19 · (Edited)
:thumbsup: I just swapped mine out tonight for a black oem cap. Took about 15 min. My car is B5 with black wheels so the chrome cap really didn't match. Maxoom and Charlene are correct. Just have to slide your arm up under inner fender lining in wheel well. I didn't remove tire or the screws on the liner. I laid the new cap on the trunk so I could remember where the clips are underneath. Actually at first I thought the clips were tough to press , then I realized I had them all unhooked it was just the rubber filler tube , after you press the clips in you need to take your other hand and twist and pull a bit to work it loose. Not hard just have to confort your arm a bit :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.