Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Almost got I too lil trouble last night lol

4K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  lilchuckie504 
#1 ·
So I was coming home from medford last night (larger town up the freeway from me) and I was havin a bit of fun playin with a BMW in the straights..that got old pretty quick because as soon as I would pull ahead he would just give up and let off but then after a minute or two he would crawl back up to my bumper..anyway....in the distance I see the unmistakeable outline of the led charger tailights....they so bright that that you can't mistake them for nothin lol...anyway I drop a gear and nail it making way towards this fellow mopar figurin that playin with them would be more fun..im pullin about 95 to close the span and I'm comin up pretty dam quick on him so I creep up next to him even wi this bumper I give the flash/honk..he reciprocates but he uses his siren and flashes some hidden red and blues.........I think I pooped I lil bit then backed off just a hair...I'm sure he was laughin his ass off and he just went about his way..I hit next exit to get a drink and pull into the minute mart and there he is sittin in the parking lot so I'm like......craaaaaaaappppp...lol I proceed to park and walk into store..when I come out he's checking out my car and waiting for me..he was he'll
A cool though..turns out he's a detective not patrol...he said he was gonna nail it but figured I woulda smoked him lol..we b.s about the cars for like half an hour and I tell him about the tuners that can be bought and how he can semi cheaply pump these cars up and add some power. He writes down a bunch of info and asks me to stop by the maintenance lot and talk to so and so and discuss the mods with him.......what have I done lol...all in all it was a fun night and I ran into a few fellow mopar peeps throughout the night...great lil story if nothin else lol
s

See less See more
Reactions: DaltonR/Tclassic
#3 ·
^ What u had was an "oh **** moment" lol

#4 ·
Awesome story and good cop! I kinda raced a detective in an unmarked Charger myself once. He was blocking my way to slow me down, as I was gaining on him fast after a powerslide (unaware that he was a cop). I took offense to that, especially from a fellow Charger, so I passed him in a hole on the right and floored it to show him how it's done. Next I was gunning downhill at about 100 when I saw him barrelling down too and flashing his lights. First I thought he wanted to race, or was pissed, then I saw the police lights and pulled over instantly... I explained that he changed lanes right in front of me without signaling obviously only to prevent me from passing (he played road plug next to another car for almost a mile) and that had made me see red given in what a hurry I was. Luckily he had better things to do than write me up so he let me go :)shocked:) after warning that "you never know who you're going to run into". I was really surprised by how fast an SXT (3.5 then) could get right on my tail, even downhill, and yes, we were on surface streets. And I think I may have benefitted from a bit (more like a lot) of Mopar courtesy too.

#7 ·
From what I read on forums it does happen... just so they can check out your ride and BS about Mopars. :)

#13 ·
Yeah it was pretty cool to talk with the cop..he was a cool cat..nice to meet a good honest cop that's down to earth and not on a power trip..we have one or two of those around here...they have had multiple complaints against them and even been in trouble but still somehow are cops?

#16 ·
No worries..after re reading it i understood what ya meant!

#15 ·
Our police just got a bunch of new Chargers. This morning a patrol car was trying to get caught up to me, couple of young LEO in the front with windows down and I see them point smile and try to gain on me, but they kept getting caught up in traffic. People would be cruising along 10 over then see the LEO coming and they slow down to a crawl below speed limit. I could almost see the frustration in the cops eyes. Too bad it woulda been fun playing with them.

I work in 911 so I guess I have a unique experience with a multitude of different police agencies. Most of the officers I deal with are cool dudes who like guns, hunting, fast cars, and all that good stuff. Maybe I'm used to them but I don't even get that oh **** stomach in knots feeling when I get pulled over anymore. Overall I think they are pretty cool dudes. I'm even thinking about changing over to a career in Law Enforcement.

#17 ·
I gotta say you're lucky! I've had many stops through the years and I mean many. I've only been let off once.

#18 ·
You can get lucky (besides some cops being cool). Don't wanna hijack the thread but I got pulled over at 100+ and let go because the officer (CHP) had an urgent call to respond to. He just gave me back my license warning me not to do it again!

#20 ·
Breaks do happen, but they shouldn't be expected and I don't think that anyone deserves anything. I'll tell you one thing: I was never pulled over for no reason. I know cops very well and probably relax then somewhat (I don't drop names, they can just feel the respect) because even when they do write me up they usually go easy on me. They're generally pretty cool people.

#21 ·
My first time being pulled over in the challenger I ran up beside an unmarked Charger. He just wanted to BS about my car and let me off. He wanted to know how fast I'd had it..lol

Second time cop was going the other direction and crossed the median to catch up. He said I was doing 80. He BS'd about the car and let me go. Hoping my luck holds out..haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.