ESP on 2012 Can I turn it off? - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2012, 05:37 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the F1's on mine as well. Do they stick better than others?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Yup, that's what happens on my 2012 six-speed WITHOUT the STP option.

Tweaks:
Functional Hood Scoops
Amber Delete Turn Signals
OEM HID headlight retrofit
Plastidipped: Stock 18" wheels, AC Panel bezel, console bezel, fuel door
MOPAR black steering wheel inserts
Rebadged by Nate
MOPAR sequential tail lights
Two-tone Katzkin interior
Purple cupholder LEDs
LED map/trunk/plate lights
Old 06-22-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by NJRT View Post
I don't know what's the deal with the 12's, but on mine (auto, anti spin and no stp) when I press the button the light comes on the dash and says off. I can then roast the tires through second and sometimes third if its cold enough. When I hold the button down for ten seconds nothing happens. Any ideas?
Without STP one button push turns ESP Off to the point that you can burn the tires but leaves stability control ON so the anti-lock brake system works as well as stability control, on STP cars you hold the button for 6 sec. or so in Park and a chime will sound and the dash will say "ESC Deactivated" and then all systems are Off and you can spin the tires and do donuts/drifting without the computer trying to regain control.
Resonator delete
255/45/20 Nitto Motivo's "MADE IN USA"
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
Here's how it looks on my '12 with STP when I press and hold the button for 10 seconds. My '11 with STP looked the same. Ignore the brake and seatbelt lights (took the pics in my garage). That's the squiggly light on the far right that also says OFF underneath it (sorry, it's blurry).

After like 2 seconds it changes to this and remains that way until I turn off the ignition:

That's exactly how mine looks but it STILL won't breakt the damn tires loose!! !!
Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Photos: (2)
Apparently you get the ESP Deactivated function with either STP or the 6-speed manual trans.

2012 Challenger R/T Classic, Automatic
2008 Harley Softail Custom
Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM

Just an update.... I pulled fuse number 2 and my tires will now break free!!

Just thought I would post this just in case anyone else was having the same issue. I didn't even know about this "mod" (if you want to call it that) until some one posted up about it. I drive my call live an grandma almost 99% of the time and read how pulling the fuse can make the car relearn.... and it worked!!!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 PM

Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
DYNAMO: Great pics, thanks much. I have the 6 speed and STP on a '12 R/T Classic with F1 Performance Tires, and can light up the tires at will with the single press ESP off and without going to deactivating the entire system. I'll have to see how it works out by using the 10 second press and having the entire system off. No mods other than the MOPAP CAI intake. With the cooler weather coming, and more miles on the odo, the Challenger becomes more of a blast to drive every day.

Last edited by magnumforc; 11-10-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:33 AM

I haven't done any more than push the ESP button once to turn it off,and never held it down to deactivate it.My question is,does it return to ESP on mode after the ignition is turned off or maybe just pushing the button again to turn it on?My fear is that it wouldn't reset back to ESP on mode,then my wife would jump in to run into town not knowing it was going to be more "spirited".She's a little boogered by the power it makes anyway and I don't want her to be afraid to drive her dark blue beauty.
2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic 5.7 HEMI Blackberry Pearl w/white stripes Super Track Pack anti slip rear sunroof heritage wheels

MOPAR- what all other cars want to be when they grow up-
Old 11-11-2012, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by 69 mayflower View Post
My question is,does it return to ESP on mode after the ignition is turned off or maybe just pushing the button again to turn it on?My fear is that it wouldn't reset back to ESP on mode,then my wife would jump in to run into town not knowing it was going to be more "spirited".She's a little boogered by the power it makes anyway and I don't want her to be afraid to drive her dark blue beauty.
It resets after you turn the car off or push the button again so no worry's about your wife.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan
Just to recap...

2011+ 6-speeds come with the Track Pak and this allows full off/disable
2011+ autos without STP can only do partial off (Burnout, but stability control and ABS are still functional)
2011+ autos with STP can do full off like the 6-speeds.

Keep in mind that with full off your ABS will be disabled. Full off = no nanny systems enabled, it's up to you to keep the car under control as it won't do anything to help you with the traction, stability OR braking.
- 2011 Challenger R/T Classic GWE 6-speed, 27M, Hurst Billet Pro shifter, SX catch can, SX skip-shift eliminator, JBA Cat4Ward headers, Solo Mach-X cat-back w/ J-pipes, 180 t-stat, DiabloSport-tuned, Charger intake tube, BC coilovers, Razor's Edge front and rear 4-point braces, SPC UCAs, SPC rear camber bushings, Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/45ZR20

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yahooligan For This Useful Post:
USRWDV8 (11-11-2012), WYFSKAAR (11-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.