Dodge Challenger Forum banner

how much moding can be done with $20,000

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  JS1977 
#1 ·
I don't have $20G's yet (hopefully a few yrs from now), but looking for ideas how much can I do to my 09R/T Auto. Has 66,000 m. No problems with anything yet. Its my daily driver. I'm thinking; more hp, lowering, wheels, paint refresh, some ext.mods, etc. Will still need to pass inspections. I've read alot on this forum but trying to put it all together and determine what 2 do. Oh, and most all labor would need to be someone else. I'm capable to a point but I don't have the facilities too take on most. Thanks 4 input.

#2 ·
Depends on what your goals or objectives are. I'd start by making a plan or list the qualities and features I would need or prefer after the buildup is completed. And remember, changing one component or system may impact performance/reliability of another. It's nice to have a high HP motor but it won't do much if the trans or rear diff are weak points, destined to break apart...

To answer your question on what $20K will buy you, I'd visit one of the forum vendor sites and let your imagination and mouse do the rest, keeping in mind the plan. Maryland Speed, HHP, Shop Hemi (Arrington) and Modern Muscle sites will give you an idea of what costs what.

For labor costs, I'd call around to several local shops and ask them what their rates are and how much it would cost to install the performance widget.

#3 · (Edited)
I think its silly to stick $20k into a 66,000 mile 2009 RT Challenger unless you are rich with money to burn.....you will never get most of it back out...sure you will enjoy it, but you'd be better off putting $20k into your next car....get a used ZR1 or something

id just get a SRT if you want more power

I prefer my car stock....sure id like more power, but I also think about my warranty and selling the car some day...most people want a car that hasn't been beat to death with a added SC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.