Dodge Challenger Forum banner

If I don't have EVIC do I still have MDS?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  btroescher 
#1 ·
I don't have any fancy electronics package installed (EVIC?). Just an 09 R/T, auto. Do I have MDS and how am I supposed to know when it kicks in? I have driven on the freeway several times (cruise set, coasting, down hill....) and have not seen any lights come on.

Did some searching but couldn't find any definite answer.

Thanks,

Jeremiah

#5 ·
if you're going at a steady speed (cruising on the highway or once you hit a certain speed and stay there for a few seconds) it will kick into MDS. you may feel it, you may not. if you give it some throttle, it'll kick into v8 mode again. going up any kind of hills and you feel the car start dogging a little bit, that just means it's about to kick into v8 mode again.

just know that if your at a constant speed with the same throttle you will be in 4 cyl mode. anytime going up a hill or give it gas, or when you idle, you will be in 8 cyl mode. don't really need any light indicators ;)

#7 ·
For the SRT, and I'm pretty sure other models, it depends on RPM's:

What speeds will MDS work on SRT8?

Thursday September 1, 2011 7:20 Guest

SRT Engineer 7:
MDS is fully functional between 1100-3100rpm.

Thursday September 1, 2011 7:20 SRT Engineer 7

It would be nice I think to have a notification light/graphic on the display:)

#9 ·
When I was stock I could feel it, now I can hear it, and it doesn't sound like a hemi v8, some call it obnoxious, I'm used to it, I just find it irritating at times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.