Intelligent Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off (iDFSO) - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 04:23 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Intelligent Deceleration Fuel Shut-Off (iDFSO)

I was searching around today trying to find more information on the fuel shutoff feature. It is included in both the auto and the manual transmission and that when you take your foot off the gas it shuts off fuel and uses momentum to keep everything moving. For the automatic this is a pretty obvious time, however with the manual I was assuming it doesn't work if you neutral your car down a hill. If it did this while neutral there would be no momentum since it isnt being transfed from wheels to engine and the car would stall out.

What this leads me to wonder is which would be more economical in a manual, coasting in gear which is going slow you down faster due to engine breaking but which will cut fuel and use momentum to keep the engine running or neutral the car and coast for longer without having to give the car gas, but never getting the fuel cut off because in idle it needs to keep the engine running. Or am I missing something that does allow the car coasting in neutral to cut fuel.

And to clarify, this system exists seperate from MDS and is in both manual and automatic cars.

[2010]Deep Water Blue Challenger R/T Six Speed.
Mods: 18" Rallye Rims, K&N air filter, Mopar Short Throw shifter,Custom Flowmaster Exhaust, Aeroforce gauge in Vent Gauge pod
Audio: Added 3-1/2" Boston Acoustic Dash speakers, converting from 4 speaker to 6, Parrot Asteroid (Android powered) Single Din Headunit. Swapped in Kenwood speakers in rear deck lid.
My new Car Website: http://ChallengerAccepted.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Personally I cannot stand this feature and wonder if it can be tuned out. I live in the "mountains" of Western NC, and I have a nice aftermarket exhaust that burbles sweetly on decelleration or descending. After 2-3 seconds of sweet sounding burble, it suddenly cuts out and then... nothing. I want my burble, I like my burble, I need my burble.

Tom

2010 PCP Challenger SRT8 6-speed
Hurst shifter | LockPick with front/rear cameras | Custom Badges | Mud Flaps | Sequential Tail-lights | Eibach Pro springs | JET 180 degree thermostat | Predator tuner | AAC purple Halos and grill LEDs | Meisterschaft midpipe/cat-back exhaust | AAC purple interior LED strips

2005 Dodge Ram SRT10 "Yellow Fever #285"
Too many mods to list...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode