K&N Performance Intake Kit #63-114 - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#31 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I wasted $350 playing with intakes on my c5vette.1st was a k&n with zo6 lid, then I cut a 4x8 section out of the stock lid, huge improvement,Then spent $300 for a Halltech,huge filter, lost a tenth in the quarter. BTW Halltech had dynos showing huge improvements.A good dyno operator can get any result he wishes.

In the order I installed them K&N drop-in,suitcase replaced with two magnaflow double offset 2.5" in and out, Jet 180* thermostat. Predator 93cai tune, clean air tube, resonator delete , Fastman ported throttle body. , SRT8 suspension up grade, Hood struts Best 1/8th mile 2.01 60 ft.,8.49@83.78, DA 88 Only 1/4 mile 2.11 60 ft.1/8th 8.71@82.77 1/4mi.13.41@ 105.49
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlarue View Post
I wasted $350 playing with intakes on my c5vette.1st was a k&n with zo6 lid, then I cut a 4x8 section out of the stock lid, huge improvement,Then spent $300 for a Halltech,huge filter, lost a tenth in the quarter. BTW Halltech had dynos showing huge improvements.A good dyno operator can get any result he wishes.
there was one vendor that came in here with some outlandish claims for his intake system.

well, after doing some research, rayzazoo and i sniffed out that he had dyno'd the car at 3pm in the heat of the day in California, then installed his intake and dyno'd it at like 8AM HAHAHA !!!!

of course he's going to pick up massive power......i wonder what ever happened to that thread
#33 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
i think what he's saying is that you have made a bad decision.

just go with the Legmaker True CAI - if you do a little research, you'll clearly see that the fastest 5.7's, 6.1's and 6.4's in the nation are all running Legmaker intakes.

p.s.
they've also been dyno proven over the last 5 years to make more power than any other intake on the market....

WOW, wonder how you came up with THIS interpretation. You must sell this junk.
#34 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boystoys View Post
WOW, wonder how you came up with THIS interpretation. You must sell this junk.
apparently you and sarcasm have never met...

and no, i don't sell this junk - i simply tell people what's best to buy.
#35 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
apparently you and sarcasm have never met...

and no, i don't sell this junk - i simply tell people what's best to buy.

You would be wrong (again).
#36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
how so ????
#37 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:08 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan
Quote:
Being a noob, you can't expect to come onto a forum and starting claiming that you're right and people are wrong when nobody knows you from a hole in the wall. You could know more than Einstein, but respect is earned and knowledge shared by way of proof.

If you're going to start telling people they're wrong and what they've seen or experienced isn't true then you better be dang sure you have some proof to back up your claims. I'm not talking about some link to a homegrown article, but proof. Like some independent dyno results showing CAIs and straight intake tubes result in power loss over OEM tubes with expansion chambers.

Or you can just keep repeating yourself and people will simply ignore your posts.

- 2011 Challenger R/T Classic GWE 6-speed, 27M, Hurst Billet Pro shifter, SX catch can, SX skip-shift eliminator, JBA Cat4Ward headers, Solo Mach-X cat-back w/ J-pipes, 180 t-stat, DiabloSport-tuned, Charger intake tube, BC coilovers, Razor's Edge front and rear 4-point braces, SPC UCAs, SPC rear camber bushings, Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/45ZR20

The Following User Says Thank You to Yahooligan For This Useful Post:
Litos (01-21-2013)
#38 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 08:50 PM

Bob the oil man did some significant tests on air filters, he has been pretty unbiased on oil and oil filters and it came as no surprize to me that K&N came out on top.Several others tested air filters and in every case K&N was the winner.Most of these tests measured pressure drop across the filter medium.Both the RT and SRT8 have well designed air intake systems, drawing cooler air from beneath the fender and feeding it efficiently to the TB. Any filter that allows engine heat to effect the airflow will make less hp regardless of the filtering medium.
#39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 09:15 PM

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Yahooligan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lashlarue View Post
Bob the oil man did some significant tests on air filters, he has been pretty unbiased on oil and oil filters and it came as no surprize to me that K&N came out on top.Several others tested air filters and in every case K&N was the winner.Most of these tests measured pressure drop across the filter medium.Both the RT and SRT8 have well designed air intake systems, drawing cooler air from beneath the fender and feeding it efficiently to the TB. Any filter that allows engine heat to effect the airflow will make less hp regardless of the filtering medium.
Increased airflow is pointless if the engine is unable to take advantage of it

Increased airflow which results in poorer filtering efficiency is not a good thing

I've used K&N filters in the past, they won't touch any of my cars after seeing the layer of dust left on the inside of the intake tube.

I'm going to stick with OEM filters, if for some reason I get the urge to put in a different intake then it will be a Volant with the PowerCore filter, which has better airflow AND a higher filter efficiency over OEM paper filters. K&N filters flow the "best" because they are a horrible filter.
#40 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM

Oem paper filters did very well when brand new, but basically fell off the chart when even a minimal amount of dirt passed through them. I just cleaned my K&N, and my air tube and TB were spotless. Do you live in area with high dust concentrations? And now with decent tires my car has turned into a rocket ship, will soon have time slips to back that statement up.My one and only 1/4 mile run was run with a 93cai with added fuel,too much. Two days later I ran my best 1/8th with just the the 93cai tune .note my 1/8 the was improved by .2. Weather conditions were very similar.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode