Dodge Challenger Forum banner

LUPOMAN FINALLY Picks up his Ride!!!!

24K views 96 replies 49 participants last post by  lupoman 
#1 · (Edited)
Well yesterday I finally Picked up my ride!!! After arriving home from Afghanistan on Friday the 12th of December at 10pm, I crashed, then the weekend was spent "Taking care of Business" with the wife. I picked up my Challenger yesterday (Monday)!!

Here Is a picture of me at the dealership. I am not sure if i was hugging the car, or humping it!!!!

Interesting to note that this dealership in Paticular has sold 2SRT-8's (both 2008 models) and 3 R/T's, all Automatics. The other Dodge dealer on the Island has also sold 6 Challengers 1 SRT 2009, and 3 R/T's and 2 SE's, again, all Automatics! According to both dealers, mine is the First 6 speed on the Island that they know of!

After picking up the car, I went home and had a beer (or 3). I kinda just sat back and took the car in. I mean this is one of those cars that I have dreamed of getting. I have dreamed of cars in the past, but always settled for something less. This is the first car I have ever wanted so badly, and I actually got it!! I mean its so crazy to me, growing up as a kid I didnt have much, but one thing my single mom did have was old Dodge's, thanks to my Mopar loving Uncle. So every time I look at this car I just cant believe that its actually mine!!

So the Next day it was time to add all of my goodies that I had ordered while in Afghanistan!

Here are all the Boxes that were waiting for me when I got home!!

All were from either Billet Technologies or BMC Performance. BMC is a one stop shop, their prices are great, they will match anyone if you find the same part lower, and Lisa is a Challenger owner and the Owner of BMC! Her and Mikey and the rest of the BMC team, absolutely ROCK!

Everyone has been asking for Pictures of my Challenger, so here they are!! I hope its cold where you are! These may warm you up!!!

You can see all photo's on my photobucket page lupoman/Dodge/MY Challenger - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Ok, didn't want to rub it in too much that I am in Hawaii, lol. The Pictures of the Challenger on the sand are about 2 miles down the street. OK OK I'll stop! lol

OK lets get down and Dirty! Install Pictures!!

The First Mod was Tint, I went with 30% Ceramic. 30% is the darkest Legal tint you can have in Hawaii. I can get it darker, but let the wife talk me into only the legal tint, the tint place I went to would only do the legal stuff too. GRR I may get it darker later. You can see the Tint in the above Pictures.

The Kooks Boxes are the Headers and High-flow Cat's. Those and the MBRP will be going on tomorrow. Will Get video up before and after sounds tomorrow.

First Mod- The R/T on the rear spoiler!

Next Mod is my scat-pack decals! Thanks to oilmanpaul for the part number and link to get those!!

Next came the Locking Gas Cap! (add me to list of people saying "Why the hell didn't this come standard!!?")

Functional hood scoops came next!!
I used the cardboard trick that was mentioned before. Stick one edge of the cardboard under the bottom of the plug (fake air scoop) then fold the cardboard UNDER the one that is wedged in. So the folded edge will be wedged between the first edge of cardboard and the paint side of the hood. Once both are wedged under the plug, just lift up, you may need to move it back and forth to get the plug to pop out, main thing is keep lifting up.

Once the scoop is in on top of the hood, lift up the hood and pull the rest of the scoop through the hole.

Lock the rubber on the under-engine side by pulling it through. There is a Lip you can pull through the hole that will fit snug against the hood. They should look like these-

Next came the Billet Technologies (BT) dress up Items-

First things first! The Kick Ass Fusebox cover!! (note the Yellow windshield washer and Oil Dipstick for the later pictures)

Lumbar Support-

Ram Head delete-

#3 · (Edited)
BT Catch-Can, with BMC supplied Braided Lines

Also Note the Oil Dip-stick and Windshield Washer Fluid Cover replaced.

Billet Water Neck from BT-
(you can see it in the above Pictures) While replacing this, I also replaced the thermostat to a 180 degree version TJET from BMC. The T-Stat from BMC came with a gasket, But I used the old one since it had only 50 miles on it lol. The fit was perfect! I followed the How-to here-http://media.putfile.com/Changing-the-LX-Thermostat

Bolts already off

85mm Throttle Body from BMC Performance!

Stock one mounted. There are only 4 bolts holding this on, plus the sensor. Is literally a 5-10 min job.

Removing the Stock Throttle Body

Comparing the two throttle bodies. 85mm one is on the left.

Lots of room!

Time to put in the CAI!!!

TECHO CAI from BMC Performance-

Lisa from BMC did some kick-ass how to's that I used
Follow the how to on removal of the stock air box here- BMC Performance Forums
If you buy the TECHO CAI follow the how to install here-http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f53/techco-cold-air-intake-installation-pics-09-challenger-r-t-5459/

The Air Filter is HUGE!! You can't tell by the pictures! Notice the BT Dress-up Kit (Power Steering and Radiator Cap)

#4 · (Edited)
Door Sill Plates and Carpets from BMC

Billet tech
I also installed the designer series door locks, A/C knobs, Windshield Washer cap, just didn't take any pictures, they are available on BT's website or BMC's forums.

KooKs Headers, Kooks High-flow Cats, and MBRP are in!!!!!!!!!
YouTube - 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed Kooks headers and MBRP!

TVS Installed!!!

Rams Head Delete (wheels)

#8 ·
Totally worth it!!! This car is just amazing!! I am trying so hard to be nice to it for 500 miles, (for the clutch), but I am finding its nearly impossible! Remember I had a 97 VW Jetta before this, Its just CRAZY!!

#10 ·
Talk about hitting the ground running! Man! I'm impressed.
Good luck.
mjmac

#11 ·
Congratulations Lupoman! Holy smokes you were modding to the max. Nice work and thanks for the pictures. :bigthumb:

#20 · (Edited)
I only put 50 miles on it before the mods, But I did notice the response was much better and quicker! The Butt Dyno says it, and the TECHO added some HP!

lupoman....I'm curious what you will be asking SANTA for come Christmas time?
Craftsman! lol

#14 ·
wow, talk about a mod blitz! you will never know what the car was like stock...but thats nothing to complain about. are you doing the LT headers install? if so, please let us know how that goes.

#16 ·
Lupoman " You are a Machine" damn that is fast work most of my stuff is still sitting in the boxes waiting to be installed it's snowing and figure I have a couple of months until it see's daylight. I hear you about not wanting to get into it but she just begs you to give her a little more always and besides it's fun:woot: Looks good enjoy you deserve it.:bigthumb:
Jeff

#21 ·
WHOOHOO!!!!! I am so glad you got your car finally and congrats on all the goodies for her right off the bat! It looks like you're having fun and I'm really glad to be a big part of your modding the R/T. :) Great job with all the new stuff and thanks for the awesome pics! Looks like I need to set up a Lupo R/T customer page now!! :)

#35 · (Edited)
Thanks all for the compliments and congrats!

Thanks Lisa! You guys really went above and beyond with the customer service! LOL I will be looking for my own page!! lol also the coming soon "Lupoman Package" lol

GEEZ! That's quite a start! You really were ready for your car to come.

I gotta ask though... How were you able to keep from opening and looking at all the parts you ordered... It looks like all the boxes are still closed and I'm wondering how you could resist.
Well the Billet tech boxes (the smaller white boxes in the Picture) I couldnt wait for! I opened them. But it really went pretty quick, i got home on Friday night, was just too tired and layed around on Saturday, (boxes downstairs in the Garage, bedroom upstairs) Sunday started the "Honey do" list. Monday it was pick up day!! On the way home I stopped for Tint. Once I got home, the wife was already jealous of the time i spent with it just taking it in. She promised me most of the day Tuesday, if I give her the rest of the day Monday. lol

Great Photos! thanks

If you get a chance could you please take some pictures of the Kooks headers? I'm interested in a set and want to see how the flanges match the ports on the heads.
Bah I messed up on that one, I actually looked at the Kooks before the install at the exhaust shop, but I didnt get the chance to look at the ports. I guess I kinda dropped the ball on getting those pictures. I can say that the ports on the Kooks are rounded, and not D shaped. According to the guys that did the work, it was a great fit.

Guy's what exactly is the catch-can for? Is it a performance upgrade???
It catches the crap that would normally go back into the intake. If it aint good enough to burn the first time, i don't want it going in a second time! Not really a performance mod, more a preventative maintanence piece.

I am currently working on the video of the sound from the Kooks and MBRP, It will be posted in the BMC vendor area and MBRP first for a day or two, before Here.

Morning of the Kooks Install! I was up early!! lol

#24 ·
HA! LMAO -- YOU WERE HUMPING HER I KNOW IT!!!!!

So glad you're home and have your new baby!
Congrats!

#25 ·
GEEZ! That's quite a start! You really were ready for your car to come.

I gotta ask though... How were you able to keep from opening and looking at all the parts you ordered... It looks like all the boxes are still closed and I'm wondering how you could resist.

#27 ·
Congratulations on getting your new ride and it's good to see that your home.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.