Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Mopar parts for 5.7

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AZ MSCL 
#1 ·
Does any body know what kind of HP I would be able to gain by changing the stock cam to the Mopar Cam and lifters (P5153570AB) and changing the Stock heads to the Mopar CNC heads (right P5153346) (left P5153450)?

I already have a Mopar CAI and Kooks long tube headers and AFE exhaust on the car. Also, I have a Fastman TB and Jet 180 thermostat. I hoping to gain 50 to 70 HP by using the MOPAR parts.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Difficult to say if you'll get that 50-70 hp mark you're looking for. If I'm not mistaken, those heads came out before the Eagle heads were released. Your stock heads flow very well and those Mopar heads are probably NOT cheap. I'd hate to see you spend a boat load of money and be disappointed.

Plus....I don't know what you have going in the way of tuning your car. If you're going to go with B&G or a PCM swap, but adding heads and a cam, even MOPAR parts, will definitely require a major tune.

#4 ·
Well the reason for the MOPAR parts is that the car is a 2011 and I want the dealer to do it. I may have to have some lifters replaced and I figured I would do it all at once. Also, I figured it's the dealer they should be able to tune the car, right? BTW have a B&G ECU on order.

#7 ·
I started thinking about that these MOPAR parts being sold by dealers can not be used in the 2011+. I thought that sucks for the dealer because they are not able to sell these after market parts to their customer. Also, the sales of Challengers have increase every year.

Then I thought how many people out of all the people who buy Challengers actually do any upgrades to their cars. Then I thought how many people when they do the upgrades only used MOPAR parts supplied by the dealers. I figured not many, so it makes more sense for Dodge to lock up the ECU so that the masses have to bring their cars to the dealers to have them service or fixed.

Not to harp on the Mustang thing because someone might get upset. However, you can take your car to the Ford dealer and get a super charger install by the dealer. I just wish Dodge would look at it from that side, at least for the 2011+ cars being sold today and let the dealers be able to tune the cars for their customers when the customers want to upgraded the cam for example.

#8 ·
My Dodge service dept will order, sell and install non-Mopar parts. When I first bought my 09, I told them I wanted the Corsa catbacks and a CAI installed. They ordered the Corsa's and a CAI locally manufactured. Back then, the Corsa's were only available through Dodge for the SRT - Borla was the Mopar choice for the RTs. I haven't bought anything else through them, just some small things that I didn't want to wait to have mailed to me. They were pretty uptight about anything else back then - now they say they will install headers without warranty issues. :dunno:

I have to agree with you on the Ford issue: Ford Racing totally supports modding their cars. I wish Dodge would adopt this attitude. Locking the ECU's was the dumbest thing and the smartest thing, depending on who's perspective you look from. But as Mr. Gilles says: "Stay tuned!" Can't wait... If they unlock the ECUs or provide full tuning I just might reconsider that 2013 SRT (if PCP comes back).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.