My R/T Challenger vs my Mustang GT - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 12:16 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
love how the GT looks like the GT500 from the front.....
Ford website has a configurator just for the Mustang. There are so many ways to customize or have the car look different in so many ways from front end to rear end and of course it's all factory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 AM

Well I started modding the Mustang. The first was catch cans (jlt). The other two mods were planned, but way a head of schedule because of the price I was able to get on them. I ordered the rear seat delete for almost a $500 in savings and the brake duct cooling for almost $170 in savings. These saving were off the best prices i could find on the internet. As I mentioned wasn't planning on getting these so soon as I wanted to change out the shifter first. Oh well sometimes a deal is to good to pass up.

January 2012 Ride of the Month WINNER!
Old 11-20-2012, 06:32 AM

I am in the market now between the R/T and a 5.0 GT... from an unbiased opinion I gotta say forum vs. forum... it seems that the new mustangs are having alot more problems than the challenger, or any average car for that matter. For me, exterior look goes to the challenger. Interior goes to the mustang. Speed goes to the mustang. But right now the problems with the motor, tranny, paint...etc has me heavily leaning towards the challenger. Of course these are only my opinion.
However, I really cant believe the mt-82... a transmission which is mounted to the engine while the shifter is mounted to the body... just sounds like a bad idea.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 AM

this should be a very interesting comparision. moparohio: you upgrading colors on your 2013 R/T? PCP or sublime, or sticking with red?
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by wingnutks View Post
I am in the market now between the R/T and a 5.0 GT... from an unbiased opinion I gotta say forum vs. forum... it seems that the new mustangs are having alot more problems than the challenger, or any average car for that matter. For me, exterior look goes to the challenger. Interior goes to the mustang. Speed goes to the mustang. But right now the problems with the motor, tranny, paint...etc has me heavily leaning towards the challenger. Of course these are only my opinion.
However, I really cant believe the mt-82... a transmission which is mounted to the engine while the shifter is mounted to the body... just sounds like a bad idea.
I have been all over the mustang forums and just like the Challenger forums people get upset and vent their frustration on the internet. When you look at the amount of cars sold compared to the cars having problems you are unlikely to get a lemon. That said nobody wants to be the one who gets the lemon and no car coming from the manufacturer should be a lemon.

As far as the two cars go it comes down to what you want. If your looking for a cruiser and speed doesn't matter the Challenger is the way to go. The Challenger will offer better ride quality over a Mustang. If your looking for speed and a sportier ride the Mustang is the way to go. My Challenger is my cruiser. My Mustang will be a SCCA ESP race car. Good luck with your choice.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:44 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 2011Cuda View Post
I have been all over the mustang forums and just like the Challenger forums people get upset and vent their frustration on the internet. When you look at the amount of cars sold compared to the cars having problems you are unlikely to get a lemon. That said nobody wants to be the one who gets the lemon and no car coming from the manufacturer should be a lemon.

As far as the two cars go it comes down to what you want. If your looking for a cruiser and speed doesn't matter the Challenger is the way to go. The Challenger will offer better ride quality over a Mustang. If your looking for speed and a sportier ride the Mustang is the way to go. My Challenger is my cruiser. My Mustang will be a SCCA ESP race car. Good luck with your choice.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2011Cuda View Post

I completely agree with you. Odds of getting a lemon are pretty low. But there seems to be more unhappy people over on all fords. Not just full on catastrophe (blown tranny, #8 cylinder)... but even people who cant stand the mt-82 under normal operation. I think youd be nuts if you dont take some of these things into consideration. Cant I jut have one of each
Old 11-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Banned

So I pull out of a local nursery here day before yesterday and there in front of me 1 car up in front of the line is a ****ING GORGEOUS 11'+ SRT392 Challenger all black ,tight feet and he had USMC something RETIRED and a couple other smaller USMC and military stickers on the back window, couldnt even hear it but I watced all the other cars around me and their occupants pretty damn much stare at that Challenger until the light turned green, 392 badge on the left side of the wing and damn! car had crazy sex appeal. It's just FF'n sexy. I see 5.0's in trafic and unless it looks like a Saleen-Shelby-500 etc, people dont really look at it. Just my observations.
If I could get any other car right now it'd be stupid hard to choose between a all black blown 392 Challenger or a new c6 all black all stick of course.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
392 badge on the left side of the wing
.....huh ???
Old 11-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Banned

Ok see, I had a feeling that wasnt stock. Yeah it was a smaller 392 badge on the left side of the rear trunk wing opposite of the srt8 badge..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.