My R/T Challenger vs my Mustang GT - Page 5 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
Banned

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
Ok see, I had a feeling that wasnt stock. Yeah it was a smaller 392 badge on the left side of the rear trunk wing opposite of the srt8 badge..
poor car.

stickers and badges everywhere !!!

why can't people just keep it simple.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by RTkid View Post
So I pull out of a local nursery here day before yesterday and there in front of me 1 car up in front of the line is a ****ING GORGEOUS 11'+ SRT392 Challenger all black ,tight feet and he had USMC something RETIRED and a couple other smaller USMC and military stickers on the back window, couldnt even hear it but I watced all the other cars around me and their occupants pretty damn much stare at that Challenger until the light turned green, 392 badge on the left side of the wing and damn! car had crazy sex appeal. It's just FF'n sexy. I see 5.0's in trafic and unless it looks like a Saleen-Shelby-500 etc, people dont really look at it. Just my observations.
If I could get any other car right now it'd be stupid hard to choose between a all black blown 392 Challenger or a new c6 all black all stick of course.
That's because Mustangs are all over the place. I notice that the Yellow Jacket SRT is not offerred on the 2013 Challengers so this must only be produced at certain times and limited production. I saw one of those YJ on the street and that got my attention.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
That's because Mustangs are all over the place. I notice that the Yellow Jacket SRT is not offerred on the 2013 Challengers so this must only be produced at certain times and limited production. I saw one of those YJ on the street and that got my attention.
it has to be regional when mentioning "they're all over the place".

in my subdivision, there are 5 Challengers. zero 5.0's....

there are 3 on my STREET !!!! yes, 2 of them are mine, but there is a black stripe delete RT 4 houses down.

and then a Plum Crazy RTC down the road and another black V6 on 20" viper rims with 392 spoiler.....

Houston is Challenger Country.....seeing more and more Challengers on the streets of Houston than any Mustang.

now Camaros are just as bad as Challengers......

p.s.
at my job there are 2 Challengers, one 5.0 (and that 5.0 was just purchased last week).

i can take pics if you really want me to - i don't lie on the internet.

Last edited by Litos; 11-21-2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old 11-21-2012, 08:31 AM

It seems just the opposite here in California.

Originally Posted by Litos View Post
it has to be regional when mentioning "they're all over the place".

in my subdivision, there are 5 Challengers. zero 5.0's....

there are 3 on my STREET !!!! yes, 2 of them are mine, but there is a black stripe delete RT 4 houses down.

and then a Plum Crazy RTC down the road and another black V6 on 20" viper rims with 392 spoiler.....

Houston is Challenger Country.....seeing more and more Challengers on the streets of Houston than any Mustang.

now Camaros are just as bad as Challengers......

p.s.
at my job there are 2 Challengers, one 5.0 (and that 5.0 was just purchased last week).

i can take pics if you really want me to - i don't lie on the internet.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:24 AM

FWIW, mustangs are everywhere, BUT the new 5.0 mustangs are far more rare here on Long Island than Challengers are. But to be fair it is easy to tell a 2011-2013 GT from the rest, while it is not as easy to tell a 2011-2013 Challenger apart from a 2008-2010.
So your basically looking at number of cars on the road for 6 model years (Challenger) vs 3 model years (GT).
Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM

Photos: (1)
Definitely seems like a TX thing with Challengers crawling all over the place...it's just weird to see that many rolling around! You'd think that was the only v8 car you could get off a dealer lot around here.

09 Challenger R/T automatic...4 tires, stick-on convex mirror, seats

It's not that I really needed 370 hp...but having 150+ hp riding shotgun at a moment's bidding w/o a 6000 rpm moonshot is what makes me feel like I'm in the right car for me. The roar of a v8 seals the deal!

The Google keyword is "ethanol-free gas". The truth is coming to light. Check out http://pure-gas.org/

Last edited by randycat99; 11-21-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:45 PM

Yeah I see a lot of Challengers out on the road. I think it's a good thing. My Challenger doesn't look like any other Challenger, while my Mustang looks just like every 5.0 out there. I have receive compliments on both cars.

On to more mods. I just ordered all of my Whiteline suspension upgrades. Now I am trying to figure out which coil overs I want to get. I really want Moton Club Racers. However, they are $5300 compared to BC Racing coil overs at $1250 ( these prices are retail and I don't expect to pay retail). When I get to a computer a will make a list of the Whiteline suspension parts I ordered.

January 2012 Ride of the Month WINNER!
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Banned

Yawn .....fords smords lol..
Jk -) Good money to power ratio with them things tho
Old 11-26-2012, 06:57 PM

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,051 Posts
When someone like 2011Cuda buys one as a better tool for the track, and without dissing the Challenger, I totally get that. And I enjoy reading about such mods, especially if it's on any US RWD V8.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by USRWDV8 View Post
When someone like 2011Cuda buys one as a better tool for the track, and without dissing the Challenger, I totally get that. And I enjoy reading about such mods, especially if it's on any US RWD V8.
Thanks USRWDV8. I am glad this has not turned in to a bashing as that was not the point.

Okay on to the Whiteline suspension parts ordered:

Whiteline Performance Mustang Adjustable Panhard Rod
Whiteline Performance Mustang Front Sway Bar - 33mm Heavy Duty Blade Adjustable
Whiteline Performance Mustang Rear Upper Control Arm and Mount
Whiteline Performance Mustang Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
Whiteline Performance Mustang Adjustable Rear Lower Control Arms
Whiteline Performance Mustang Panhard Rod Support Brace
Whiteline Performance Mustang Rear Sway Bar - 27mm Heavy Duty Blade Adjustable

Once I have the suspension done and coil overs I should be able to compare the way the two cars handle. Winter is setting in and may have to wait until spring to get the two cars out on the road. Still want to get the Moton Club Racers for coil overs, however the price is killing me because I still need to get 18" light wheels (forgestar F14) and some A6 Hoosiers. I may just get the BC Racing coil overs and race on them for a while.

Last edited by 2011Cuda; 11-28-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.