Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Newby with a HEMI Tick?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Craig 0801 
#1 ·
So I just bought my first muscle car in my life 3 weeks ago, a 2014 R/T with 7 miles on it. I am a very big guy and never thought I could fit in anything sporty until I got in a Challenger. So I am soo in love with my new ride I immediately put on the Flowmasters and do the Blastin Bob's which I love as well. Even with all of my new found rumble I still believe I hear a ticking coming from the engine! Is it even possible for me to hear a "HEMI tick" with my exhaust situation? I swear I hear it so that's when I read about the "HEMI tick". I have read a little about it but have not been able to find much with 2014's having the problem. Does anyone know if this problem got addressed in 2014?

I Am Totally Prepared To Take The Dumb Rookie Question Bashing But I Have To Know,

#4 ·
Do a search here for HEMI Tick. There's a couple threads on it. It IS worth having it checked out at your dealer. There is a service bulletin out that addresses a problem with tabs being left on the lifters so get your's checked and documented in your service record just in case..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#5 ·
Do a search here for HEMI Tick. There's a couple threads on it. It IS worth having it checked out at your dealer. There is a service bulletin out that addresses a problem with tabs being left on the lifters so get your's checked and documented in your service record just in case..

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I think that is for noise and clatter on start up, not for light ticking at idle or while running after the car is warmed up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.