Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Painted engine cover - 5.7

7K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  jonmandude 
#1 ·
Understand this just snaps on engine along with 3m tape. Anyone done this mod ? Recommend ? - Thks :scratchhead:

#2 ·
There are studs with ball ends on the top of the engine that the cover seats on and snaps down onto. To remove it, you have to pull it up with a fair amount of effort - they don't come off readily. No tape involved.

When re-installing the cover, you have to get everything all lined up and smack it down to get it seated properly.

When its done right, the cover will be pretty close to the coils on both sides of the engine. The other way to tell is lifting any corner of the cover - if it comes up with little effort, its not seated onto the ball end fully.

#8 ·
RPI sells the center piece for the engine cover that affixes with two sided tape. They also make the fuse box cover. I replaced the two sided tape with velcro and just slap the covers on for car shows. I did run them on the car for a few months before switching to velcro. Just no need getting them all dirty if I'm not going to pop the hood for anyone.

RPI will paint it to match your car's paint or some other color if you wish.

See: Challenger Painted Engine Cover

#10 ·
I painted mine using Dodge touch-up paint in a can. Its been on for several thousand miles and no issue with heat ruining it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.