Personal Settings nonEVIC RT - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Dodge Challenger R/T Specific This area is for discussion specific to the Dodge Challenger R/T model.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 06:19 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Personal Settings nonEVIC RT

Hi All,
I just bought a new Challenger R/T that is not equipped with an Electronic Vehicle Information Center. There are some personal settings I would like changed : key off power delay-NONE , 15 MPH door lock-ON, and when using Remote to unlock doors, headlights- OFF.
I called the dealer about this, and they told me to use the personal settings in the EVIC to make the changes, when I told them I didn't have that feature, and I was pretty sure that the settings could be changed with Star Scanner...I got a moment of silence....Then He told me He would have to do some research, and get back to me.
If there is any body out there that can tell me for sure if this can be done, and where in the star scanner the dealer has to look for the personal settings menu I be very grateful for the help. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (17)
I don't know if you'll find what you're looking for in the Tips and Tricks link below or not Tommag, but there's tons of great tips. I think there's a link to 101 tips and tricks within this link but not certain.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums...ht=tips+tricks

I hope this helps.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:55 PM

Thanks for the reply Val'sRT. I did see the 101 tips, and tricks post. It is very informative, and I did learn quit a bit.

I had a 2006 Magnum R/T AWD I traded in for the Challenger. The Mag had the EVIC, and I remember changing some of the settings when it was new.

When I called the dealer I expected that they would be familiar with the procedure to make these changes....guess not....
Old 06-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Most dealers are clueless on the product they sell. Do yourself a favor and call Dodge for the actual OWNERS MANUAL. 1-800-992-1997 It's free and has instructions on personal settings using your key fob along with much more in depth information on your pride and joy. Be really nice to the girl on the other end of the line and she will expedite shipping for you.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:37 PM

I don't think the info you're looking for is in the tips and tricks thread or the owners manual. Some here have the Star Scan tool so someone should be able to help.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:41 PM

Buy the way I am also interested in the lights off when unlocking the doors so if you find a way, without using Star Scan, please let me know.
Old 06-17-2010, 05:44 PM

Delete unlock headlights on feature

I was told by a reliable tech that the 2010 Challengers must be modified using the computer and software at the dealer.

"We survived for several days on nothing but food and water"

--- W. C. Fields
Old 06-17-2010, 06:58 PM

Thanks for all the help Guys....

I have the owners manual, the settings I want to change can't be done with the key fob.

I haven't heard back from the dealer yet. I going to see them on Saturday to pick up my mopar bucks parts. I'll bet 100 dollars they "forgot" all about me..."been very busy"...."put in a call to Dodge....but haven't heard back yet"...yaadaa...yaadaa...yaadaa...

Geez....all they gotta do is plug in the star scanner, and poke around until they find the personal settings...right?...it's just another computer....right?...whats the big deal...Right?...

If there are any techs out there, or star scan owners that can help....I would be very grateful!!!!

Thanks again!!!!!
Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 PM

Photos: (5)
Originally Posted by tommag View Post
Hi All,
I just bought a new Challenger R/T that is not equipped with an Electronic Vehicle Information Center. There are some personal settings I would like changed : key off power delay-NONE , 15 MPH door lock-ON, and when using Remote to unlock doors, headlights- OFF.
I called the dealer about this, and they told me to use the personal settings in the EVIC to make the changes, when I told them I didn't have that feature, and I was pretty sure that the settings could be changed with Star Scanner...I got a moment of silence....Then He told me He would have to do some research, and get back to me.
If there is any body out there that can tell me for sure if this can be done, and where in the star scanner the dealer has to look for the personal settings menu I be very grateful for the help. Thanks!!!
My 2010 RT Classic was a non-evic model. Chrysler sent me a FREE up grade notification in the mail. Got it put in a few days ago.. COOL!! Oil pressure, tire pressure, water temp, radio controls AND digital personnal controls!! Look into it!!
MODS: 30% and 20%tint, BT-nose button, BT-door sills, BT-catch can, K&N CAI, SOLO Mach X, , front license plate bracket tie wrapped lower mod, DRL's Activated, Skip-Shift eliminator, Passport 8500 Blue Light Radar detector w/blend mount wired through powered mirror, Hood props, WebElectric Flashers, 180 degree tstat, Solo MachX cat-backs, Diablo Trinity, Barton shifter
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Kevin/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]
Old 06-17-2010, 07:33 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If your car is a 2010 starscan won't work needs to be atleast starmobile. I have a starscan it works on my 2009 Challenger SRT but won't work on my wifes 2010 Challenger RT.
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > Model Specific Discussion > Dodge Challenger R/T Specific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.