Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Pics from the Paint Shop!

12K views 59 replies 30 participants last post by  Trainmaster 
#1 ·
I was sent these today:

Stripes will be gloss black, car is getting 3 coats of clear in addition. All nicks scratches removed.

Furniture Bed Room Bed sheet Automotive design
Vehicle Car Compact car Race car Performance car

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

See less See more
#14 ·
It looks better than I could have dreamed.... The over appearance of the car just went up s couple notches. It looks like a more expensive car. The hood and trunk could use some extra clear now.... They don't compare to the rest of the car. The deep gloss of the car AND THE STRIPES! is glorious. (Even in the rain)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Green

#16 ·
It looks better than I could have dreamed.... The over appearance of the car just went up s couple notches. It looks like a more expensive car. The hood and trunk could use some extra clear now.... They don't compare to the rest of the car. The deep gloss of the car AND THE STRIPES! is glorious. (Even in the rain)

View attachment 343513 View attachment 343521 View attachment 343529

I'll admit, that does look pretty awesome! :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Great look! So much better than factory.

#22 ·
Very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#24 ·
I probably wouldn't do it if I was just going to drive it a couple of years and trade it in. However, if it was a keeper then you couldn't have stripes that look better. Very much worth the time and expense for a car that will be part of the family. Beautifully done!

#25 ·
Thanks all! I'll admit, it was suppose to take a week, and it took almost twice that. But it was worth it. I had a nightmare a few nights ago that I went to pick up the car and it looked like ****. the paint was runny, and there was horribly large 1980s challenger script down the side of the car. I was like, no no no! That's not what I wanted! (My wife tells me that I'm a total idiot, by the way). It looks so much better than I could have imagined. Aside from the glossy paint, my two favorite aspects of the lines are the "connectivity" of them, and the door handles. There's no red where the body panels meet the door (the stickers were shorter than the panels they were stuck on), and the black goes into the handle pocket, but the handle is still red. It looks so good without making it look like it's trying hard to look good. Perfect! Soooo happy. Now I want to chrome that plastic oval on the grill (the silver painted one). Then add the scat pack stage 2 (cam and valves when it comes out). Then I'm done..... Lol

#32 ·
Total price was $1800. That's about what I spent for the exhaust and the intake (and I installed both myself, so no labor cost). They fully detailed the car inside and out when they where done, and the workmanship is top notch. All things considered, I think it's the best thing I did to the car for the money. I'm very happy with the cost to satisfaction ratio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.