Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Question for those with 100th Anniversary

11K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Challenger 57 
#1 ·
I just bought mine two days ago and I'm already looking into modifying it. I was looking to install lowering springs (if the 20s would allow), hood pins, Ram air hood/ scoop, the vinyl decal stripe, badges and performance upgrades, so on and so forth. But what is stopping me is the fact that it is a limited edition and is sort of "rare" to the other Challengers. I feel that I do not want to lose the integrity of the "limited/special edition 100 year Anniversary" of the car if I add anything to it. Do you think that because of mods on the car as specified above, it would lose its value? I'm not talking money value, I'm talking originality of it. Get what I'm saying??? It's hard to word it.
If some of you already added mods to yours, what did you add?
I know some of you are going to say, "It's your car, do whatever" and whatnot. Just wanting to know what you all think. :grin2:

#2 ·
I would leave it the way it is. Dodge really blew its 100th anniversary celebration, basically just with a few pricey special models and a couple of clever print advertisements.
Since comparatively little was done to observe the anniversary, and since the 100th anniversary models are rare, I'd advise leaving it as is to preserve its integrity, not to mention its value - which may show itself in just a couple of years. Round up all the documentation now and preserve that too - sticker, owners manual, bill of sale, whatever - collectors love that stuff.
If you have some extra moneyto pour into modifying it, keep it the way it is and use the cash or whatever resources you have instead for a used R/T and the knock yourself out with the mods. Good luck!

#9 ·
The special owners kit for the 100th Anniversary cars consist of the following: owners manual sized Dodge history book, 100th Anniversary embossed owners manual jacket, and 2 remotes with jeweled 100th Anniversary logo's on the back.

As for my Anniversary car, I installed items that could be removed at a later date if needed, but gave me the look that I wanted in mine. Mine is an Ivory Pearl and I added a factory 392 chin spoiler (way better looking then the standard), factory Silver 392 stripes (Dodge is the only supplier that offers this iridescent Silver film that changes shades in the sunlight), factory splash guards, 100th Anniversary emblem for the front grill, and factory Scat-Pack emblems (to reference the heritage of the Scat-Pack Club).

Reactions: headhunter123
#7 ·
Do what you want to the car. Unless you plan on having it 30 years from now its value will only go down just like the rest of em.

If you are concerned about the "integrity" of the car, just do minor stuff. Lowering springs are a good idea, stripes, exhaust, cai, etc.

#8 ·
I don't think there's any special kit. I just meant that anything documenting the 100th anniversary, hang on to it (may even indicate it on window sticker). As far as owner's manual, you can probably send for one through the Dodge website. I'm not saying the car is going to be as valuable as a '66 Charger Hemi or something, but special models are more appealing to many people than the plain ones. I hate to see at a car meet a modified step-down Hudson, Desoto or other very rare car. Dodge fouled up their anniversary, but the anniversary models are cool and should be enjoyed as such without "improvements." Enjoy your car!

#12 ·
As others have said, if you're worried about "integrity" then do things that you can undo/remove at some point (i.e., if you lower it keep the stock springs, etc.). Otherwise, again as others have said, it's your car and you should do with it as you please. Dodge really under-hyped their 100th Anniversary, and barely made a splash with the 100th Anniv. Edition car. It won't hold value any better than other variations of the Challenger unless somebody either stashed one in a barn and is keeping it with either zero miles on it or if somebody finds one in a barn in a hundred years.

As long as you keep it "special" in its extremely subtle 100th Anniv. way, it'll still be special, even if it's just to you and us other 100th Anniv. owners.

#14 ·
Reminds me of people that think those dime a dozen Harley Davidson anniversary models they come out with every ten years are someday going to be worth a fortune, better plan on hanging onto it for a real long time if you expect that!

#16 ·
I don't think that any of us are under the delusion that these cars are going to be worth a fortune, but they do have some unique features that were not offered on any other model or year Challenger. I think we all want our rides to be unique. On a side note, love the Header Orange.:thumbsup:

#19 ·
I just bought mine two days ago and I'm already looking into modifying it. I was looking to install lowering springs (if the 20s would allow), hood pins, Ram air hood/ scoop, the vinyl decal stripe, badges and performance upgrades, so on and so forth. But what is stopping me is the fact that it is a limited edition and is sort of "rare" to the other Challengers. I feel that I do not want to lose the integrity of the "limited/special edition 100 year Anniversary" of the car if I add anything to it. Do you think that because of mods on the car as specified above, it would lose its value? I'm not talking money value, I'm talking originality of it. Get what I'm saying??? It's hard to word it.
If some of you already added mods to yours, what did you add?
I know some of you are going to say, "It's your car, do whatever" and whatnot. Just wanting to know what you all think.
Here my 100 anniversary scat pack 2. Mopar cai, jba headers, high flow cats, flowmaster American thunder, pistol grip, front and rear camera, mopar strut bar, hood trunk and side stripes, American racing torque thrust wheels with nitto tires, mopar hood pins, half covers, drilled and slotted rotors and mopar stage 2 springs

Attachments

Reactions: Slidd
#21 ·
Best thing about the 100yr is the interior upgrade (seats / steering wheel). Wheels aren't too shabby either. I took off the 100yr badges though and replaced with the classic "Challenger" script and added the R/T to the trunk. Gonna do the classic R/T side stripe too. Guess I'll have a "classic" outside and a "100yr" inside. As others have said, I don't think it's special enough to leave stock and hope for added value.

#24 ·
The changes I have made to mine are:

2015 SRT Hood
SRT Front Spoiler
Carbon Fiber Hash stripes
Comp 270 CAM
LT Headers
Solo Mach X exhaust
3200 Stall Convertor
Custom Tune

All of it can be reversed if I want to put it back to stock. But that wont happen for a long long time. I love the car and the changes I have made.

-Kenny

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.