Dodge Challenger Forum banner

R/T Brake Calipers

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Lakota 
#1 ·
Is it worth upgrading the stock calipers to Stop/Tech calipers being as they are remanufactured stock units but with solid pistons and powder coated. Or should I just smooth and paint the stock calipers. My problem is my rear breaks are starting that tractor trailer squeal when applying light braking pressure ,the dealer says it is foreign road material and I need rotors turned and new pads. I just am not going to spend 450.00 on turned rotors and pads through the dealership.

#2 ·
IMHO, I wouldn't spend the $$ on updating the calipers. Get new rotors and pads. You have a plethora of choices from stock to drilled/slotted with pads for less than $450

I have a set of drilled and slotted rotors with Hawk HPS pads waiting to be put on this weekend that cost me way less than $450

#4 ·
Thanks for the reply's I am going to paint/ cover the stock calipers and install new rotors and pads front and back. I think I'm going with the EBC rotors and the yellowstuff pads. I like the look of the black drilled and slotted rotors should off set the caliper new color nicely.

#5 · (Edited)
Brake upgrade

I did the EBC slotted fronts and slotted and dimpled rears before I went to COTA in February, (video links posted here somewhere). I went with the yellowstuff pads last year and they were great BUT their brake dust was horrible!! When I put the new rotors on I changed to the redstuff ceramics and the dust problem is pretty much gone, thought the brakes did great at COTA. Just got to warn you though that the ceramics make lots of noise, the way I look at it though is "who gives a sh**" about the noise if they do a great job stopping and don't dust the wheels every 100 miles you drive. So what if they make noise!! To each his own I guess. *** BTW the "black painted rotors" stay black for the first 100 feet of driving, LOL!!! **** It's just paint and is gone instantly!

Attachments

#6 ·
Wow didn't realize the geomet coating was paint LOL,..well then I'll go with the cross drilled and slotted power stop rotors and their Z26 pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.