Dodge Challenger Forum banner

RER radio update

10K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Mack76050 
#1 · (Edited)
i have a 09 rt with the RER radio. got a disc from dodge to update the radio to 2.4**. the disc goes in and the screen for the update comes on. BUT when i hit the soft key "update" nothing happens. went to dodge dearlership per dodges advise. they had an update disc and tried to update the radio. same result. so they say i need a new radio.

anyone else have this problem/or solution?

well i have lifetime extended contract and the $1,800 radio(per dodge dealer) is covered with a $100 deductable.

second question. i don't want to reload all my music and other info again, so the dealership told me to download the HD onto a thumb drive. tried that but couldn't find a download command. Someone out there know how to do that???

thanks for you help. CK.:SM030:

#2 · (Edited)
I have updated our RERs several times with no problems so I can't specifically comment on why yours will not. What version is the current software on your RER?
If you have the original firmware on your RER, you might be able to download an intermediate version from mofv.com/mygig and try that update first.

The 09 Challenger service manual has instructions for the dealer on how to back up the music on a customer's radio and then restore it.

To my knowledge, you cannot back up the music on your radio to a USB stick.

Here is the backup procedure:

STANDARD PROCEDURE – RADIO BACKUP

The radio hard drive (HDD) can be backed up to save customer data in the event that a radio replacement is required. This procedure can only be done with all radios with a hard disk drive. All other radios do not have a HDD.
1. Turn the ignition to RUN, engine OFF. 2. Power on the external HDD. 3. Connect the external HDD to the radio using the USB (Universal Serial Bus) cable. The radio display will change to the “Manage My Files” screen. 4. Connect the scan tool and preform the following steps to place the radio into “Dealership Mode”:
  • ECU View
  • Radio
  • Misc. Functions
  • Service Mode
  • Start
  • Next
5. Follow the on screen instructions on the radio to back up the radio HDD.

#3 ·
Thanks Waumo, the old version comes up as 2.2** the new version is 2.4**.
do you know if that backing up will keep the blue tooth, voice recognition, nav settings, and all settings??
CK.

#4 ·
No the manual does not say anything but what I posted. It also does not mention how the dealer should restore the files. Maybe you have to restore the files the same way you would normally load them. I would either not leave until the files were restored to my satisfaction OR I would take my own USB drive and have them use it if possible so I would have a copy.

If you are at 2.2xx, you should be able to go directly to 2.4xx so probably your unit does have an issue.

Also check your NAV map version/date and make sure you end up with maps at least as current as you have since the map update is $150-200.

#6 ·
Should have mentioned - I would pull the radio fuse to fully reset it before I gave up on it. Good luck.

#9 ·
there is a update disc available from dodge ,Free, but didn;t work on my radio as the soft ket "update" didn't work. i'll let y'all know what happens.CK. out.

#13 · (Edited)
I found this on http://mofv.com/mygig/

- Fixed iPhone 4 Disconnect Issues.
- Fixed System Mute on MY10 JK during remote start.
- Revision B NOTE: The previous RER 2.402 CD update had a bad part number on the disc that was causing the REP WK updates to fail. This issue has been fixed on this new revision B CD Image. Although changes have been made there is no version change to this update. - If you have sucessfully installed RER 2.402 update there is no need to reinstall it since the only change is the CD part number.
[/SIZE]

Maybe you should try to download it from there and try again...or try with a usb stick which is what I have done 3 times with my RHR unit.

#14 ·
Ok. So I am having some trouble with the RER update currently. For some reason a lot of the website to download the update are offline. I just picked up a used 08 SRT8 and the nave and mygig have not been touched. I am trying to found a place to download it, if anyone can send me a copy of their disk that would be awesome or a website.

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.