Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Rt challenger dealer driving question

4K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  pigman440 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I'm in the market for an rt challenger and I let a sales rep take me for a ride in a manual rt. While he was driving, he proceeded to floor it, stop it, and in general beat the you know what out of the car.... My question is will something like that me cause issues down the road if I do purchase the car?
Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
It will probably be ok, any car on the lot could have had several short test drives like that and you'll never know it. If your concerned then best bet is to order one.

Just curious though, why weren't you the driver?

#5 ·
Yep! That'll do it. Did they actually ask to see your license before the test drive? I don't recall anyone asking to see my license before going on a test drive. Maybe I have an honest face. :wink3:

#4 · (Edited)
All the years I've been buying cars if the salesperson wouldn't let me drive the car then it's Adios and on to the next dealership. But to answer your question... I wouldn't worry about what the salesman did during the drive. Car will be fine.

#8 ·
I would say that sales strategy is a little shaky. Having an interested buyer on board and then thrashing it? Doesn't sound logical. How many miles were on it? If it has more than a few hundred you could rightly assume that some of those miles might be in "thrash" mode. That would make me nervous a bit, but probably wouldn't prevent me from buying it depending on how much I like that particular car. And of course, how attractive the deal you are making is. You could look at it as a rescue mission. You would be freeing it from its horrible owners, and then you would start treating it right.

#19 ·
Agree. Although the break in period on these cars is not extensive, "thrashing" a new car with only a few miles is stupid. If a salesman had done that to me, I would have told him to read the break in procedures in the owners guide, just before if mentioned that there is no way I would buy that car or any other from that dealership.

#24 ·
I have posted this before but my car had 220 miles on it when delivered The EVIC showed a top speed of 122, stopping Gs of 1.06 and side Gs of .81&.86(probably donuts) as well as 0-60 and 0-100 runs. I got rid of the Summer tires so what they wore off isn't relevant. Did they damage the car internally?? Hard to say, hope failures are within warranty period. I did document it with Dodge when they sent me questionaires and made copies. Other than that I wouldn't do burn outs and donuts or panic stops but I run it pretty good when I get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.