Hello ervyone.

I have a 2012 Challenger RT Classic 6M
Mods:
Flowmaster AT Catback
Airraid CAI no Oiled
Pull yesterday Fuse No. 2
GPL System

Load was i and my Wife may be 200 KG with the GPL System

I am a littel bit dissapontet of my/car performace 0-60.
I try a lot of pulls 0-60 but my time is still over 6s 7s
I see some videos on youtube where a 12 rt make in 4.xx to 60 or 5.xx secounds.

I try today some pulls on a dry flat street it was 30 degree
100 meter over see level.
Traction Controll OFF
The street surface was new so it has grip.
Car was running on 98 Oct/ 93 Oct US Standart no GPL.

First Pull i rev to 2000 RPM let the clutch come and have some wheelspin and miss the 3rd gear
7,40 sec 0-60

Sec Pull Rev 1600 RPM let the clutch come and the car starts the RPM drop down and the car slowdown. Then it accelerate
0-60 7,14 sec

3rd Pull
Rev to 1900-2000 RPM let the clutch come and have some wheelspin
0-60 6,80 sec.

One Month ago i try a lot more and it was still in the high 6 sec.

On the Carsites i read 5 sec for the RT i get crazy.
Or is it because of the 3.92 Rear Ratio that i have to shift in the 3rd gear to reach 60mph?
Does the normal RT get 60 in the 2nd gear.

Maybe you can post your Numbers or Help me if something went wrong

Thanks
Kanae

See less See more
#245 · (Edited)
5.50 is best here. Tried 6 times last night and that is the only times i've ever tried/ i might be able to get quicker. Automatic 2013 R/T with K&N and Flowmaster mufflers w/o resonatores and the 93 octane tune from trinity. From the looks of the other times 5.50 is respectable for only 6 tries, and i spun a good bit. Whats the best way to launch an automatic?

#246 · (Edited)
5.50 is best here. Tried 6 times last night and that is the only times i've ever tried/ i might be able to get quicker. Automatic 2013 R/T with K&N amd Flowmaster mufflers w/o resonatores and the 93 octane tune from trinity. From the looks of the other times 5.50 is respectable for only 6 tries, and i spun a good bit. Whats the best way to launch an automatic?
Try bumping down to a 91 tune.. You save some money and if you do some reading on it 91 seems to be the sweet spot for performance and economy.

Train your right foot! The pedal has a sweet spot that seems to milk the most out of the motor and its never on the floor! Mines about 8/10 depressed.. I say about because i cant see it but my foot now knows exactly where it is. Also go easy at first, learn to to a soft roll out, a couple feet should get er going enough to not roast the tires... Then give er hell!

Im assuming with a 13 you have paddle shifters. Let first gear run its course, when running through 2nd try different shift points into 3rd. Im usually shifting a split second before 60 and its made a difference big time in my times. I went from a pretty consistant run of 5.50 ish times to a consistant 5.00-5.05 doing this. No tune, no CAI, just no resos and different mufflers... Or dont. This tends to gather its share of people who dont believe in its merit but my times before i started doing this vs after have flat out produced results for me.

Try running it at 1/4 tank or less. Gas is heavy. You can ditch weight elsewhere (no spare/jack ect) but i dont suggest that. The idea of having a fast daily driver is you want things like that to remain IMO. You wont care how fast your car is when you blow a tire in the hood at midnight I assure you.

Practice, practice, practice! Get to know your car, be able to shift by sound, feel for that sweet spot, know how it acts under different temps and conditions. If im pullin 5 in the summer you can too, especially with a tune. Get out there and just do pulls and youll be breaking into 4s in no time.

Reactions: Nugzo
#247 ·
A few more runs last night and i'm proud to say i hit 5.00. Why couldn't i have been a tad faster.. 4.99 is way sexier than 5.00. I did switch to the 91 tune but i'm sure the main gain came from my launch improvement. Once i get it down pat i'll switch back to 93 and see.

#248 ·
Thats better for sure. What methods are you using for your launching now? Thats one hell of a difference. Im assuming change in temp didnt hurt the cause either.

#249 ·
I tried my first 0-60 run with fair, not great, results. 5.96 in a bone stock R/T Plus auto. I just left it in "D" and nailed it from a stop. Got some wheel spin, and I'm sure using the paddle shifters and winding the gears out a bit more as well as easing into it just a bit will help with the time. Temp was 96 and I'm running 89 octane. Still had a big grin on my face though!

#251 ·
My best time was in full auto. (5.00) 5.46 was best with paddles.

I hold the break and rev it just a little then let off brake. Once it starts moving without spinnning i floor it. Still learning, been trying 2 days about 10 runs. The launch is definitely the key... If u spin at all, might as well just abandon the run, it'll be slow.

#252 ·
So... you guys wanna race? Base R/T, no mods. :sneaky:

Attachments

Reactions: wasp392
#254 ·
No, I screwed up and gave too much gas. :icon_lol: The tires spun too much so I decided to enjoy the burnout because the run would be crap anyway. I stayed in place and went sideways a bit while the car shifted seamlessly in AutoStick (couldn't feel it). When I was done and the car finally got going I was in third :)yikes:) and the EVIC read what you saw. Thought that was funny and proof that those readings are fairly meaningless if there's any kind of tire spin.

I don't do too many of those 0-60 runs, but I do the best work by not pre-loading the torque converter or using the brakes at all. I just step on the gas firm but careful, get a little spin, catch traction and then floor it. Always in AutoStick and no Sport Mode.
The last time, I left the A/C on by accident and here's what I got with my stock and crappy Michelins:

Attachments

#255 ·
2013 R/T All runs so far are automatic. Havent practiced much with the paddles.4.96 is now my best. Forgot to turn sport mode on (which normally feels so much better when on).. Was at night about 70 degrees. I'll try some more without it. I did a single 1/4 mile run using the trinity. 13.6 @102MPH.

#259 ·
I don't understand why some are getting such bad times. My 2013 RT A5 plus with a tune and exhaust is consistent with 0-60 4.6-4.8, personal best is 4.5. There was no tire spin, need to ease the gas pedal slightly than slam it and it will rock. Also remember your computer has a memory, if you keep on gassing it hard it will adapt to your habits and it will get faster. Also remember you will not get full power until the computer releases all it's safety measures to ensure a safe break in. I used the diablo race timer and it was in line with my EVIC. I am also at sea level which will give me the best times. Thanks Ed

#268 ·
4.41 was with a 3200 stall, street tires, drop-in filter using the stock box, JBA shorties, catless mids, MBRP catback, and DS 91oct tune. Though I doubt the converter had much to do with it, as you can see in the video, I couldn't floor it until around 20-30mph.

#273 ·
I just turned 2000 miles this morning 2012 auto RTC bone stock I've done a few wot just plating around but never timed 0-60, after reading through this thread I've got to head out to my favorite road in the sticks and check it out. Thanks for costing me this few gallons of gas guys and gals lol

#280 · (Edited)
I used my 0-60 timer for the first time today after having the car for over a year now. On a flat straight stretch directly at sea level cause I was on the gulf coast less that 2 feet above the waves, my 2011 stock R/T with auto would do 5.14 sec. I did it about four times with 5.14 being the lowest and 5.36 being the highest. Car spins a little at the start with or without the traction control on.
The car is stock with 33k.

#281 ·
this past Saturday i picked up my 2014 R/T Plus blacktop ed. in orange, 6 speed manual , my best 0-60 thus far is 5.03. I just hit over 500 miles.

#282 · (Edited)
Did a 6.5 this weekend on my very first attempt. Only have 1300 miles on it. I thought the 6.5 was really good considering I was TERRIBLE on my end. Had a decent bit of spin with a little squiggly right from the start. Then missed 1-2 shift and hit the rev limiter, then again missed the 2-3 shift and hit the limiter again. Like I said, I was TERRIBLE but I thought the number wast bad considering how bad I was. I need A LOT of practice, but I dont have many placing to pull these off near me. Probably shouldnt have done it where I ended up doing it to be honest.

Oh yeah. Mine is bone stock except I did paint the shift pattern red so that probably dropped my time by a few tenths or was the cause of me hitting the rev limiter ;)

#283 ·
My best was 5.8 0-60 time

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.